The New School of Art Reviews

of reviewers recommend The New School of Art
Read The New School of Art Reviews

Tell us how The New School of Art made you happy
The location was quicker and easier to find than I expected, great instructions were given.
Venue was well run, relaxed but still all the details were taken care of. Lovely studio too.
The visiting artist, Nicolas Uribe, had a great balance of intro discussion, demonstration painting and letting us paint. Really fun and really instructive.
Nicolas is a knowledgeable tutour who is incredibly with generous his time and attention.
His positive and enthusiastic style of teaching is inspiring, whilst pushing you out of your comfort zone and encouraging continual self assessment and improvement. I have gained so much from attending his classes.
It was an excellent workshop with Nic and well organised with directions and material lists all provided well in advance. Ordering was easy and it is great that you are doing these types of workshops as often they can only be found in other countries. I was really happy and loved the three days and learnt loads. thanks so much.
Happy, friendly,professional staff. High quality teaching.Great coffee.
Inspirational tutor in an exciting location, great group and progress made in my painting!
Excellent studio in fabulous area of London with a real buzz of electricity-well it would wouldn't it being where Faraday did his stuff!
Tuition from Louise Balaam was just right and it was all run very smoothly.
I really loved it in fact.
Nat Young
Big thank you to Louise Balaam for a very stimulating two days. I have been painting for several years, but from her I learnt a new and exciting way of working. And the setting of Trinity Buoy Wharf is so wonderful.
Lovely studio, and the delicious coffee was a bonus!
Three days painting at Cuckmere Haven was an ideal length of time for a short course. Daniel Shadbolt was a patient, thorough and encouraging tutor. At first, though, he appeared to presume that all of us were amateurs with either little or no experience. However he soon found a good balance in teaching the wide range of abilities on the course from absolute beginners to Art College trained professionals. I very much liked his references to famous artists and paintings. We were very fortunate in that the weather was glorious for the duration and we were made very welcome by the owner of the cottage. She provided refreshment and lunches each day and was even able to cater for the vegan amongst us.
The venue was beautiful and so was the weather. Julian is a sympathetic and encouraging teacher who made the weekend fun and creative. The little cafe was very pleasant but rather disorganized and slow on service. Not sure what we could have done if the weather had been unfavorable as there was nowhere to shelter or paint.
They provided a course which was just right for me
The New School of Art 5 star review on 6th July 2017
I attended an amazing workshop with Nicolas Uribe. An incredible artist and brilliant teacher, he also was very open, talking about his own art journey. I learned a great deal in a few days and I'm hoping there will be more opportunities to study with Nicolas. The three day course was intense but also a lot of fun and the staff were friendly and helpful. absolutely brilliant three days.
The teaching was brilliant as is the venue- light, airy and on the river in London's old Docklands. We were a small group and there was a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
The one-day oil painting course on Hampstead Heath with Tim Benson (26.5.17) was a brilliant experience. Enjoying the very best of weather I chose two vantage points and he duly came round from time to time to offer really pertinent advice. Excellent.
David Northcott
Thank you to an incredibly talented and generous teacher this workshop was a success.
It would be beneficial for upcoming workshops to improve the lighting of the studio as it proved to be difficult to arrange all easels in a way that all of us would have good lighting conditions.
Good facilities and friendly team
the painting course with Louise Balaam was very enjoyable, stimulating and inspiring. The studio was ideal, set in countryside with beautiful views. Louise was a very encouraging and patient and I felt I had learned a lot in two days.
Really relaxed atmosphere with excellent tuition
This was a fascinating landscape course en plein air, which was really inspiring. The briefing and demonstrations were extremely helpful and constructive help was given by our tutor, Julian Le Bas, throughout the day. The crit of all the work at the close rounded off a very informative and enjoyable group experience.
The venue was ideal with beautiful downland views around Firle and in addition, excellent refreshments could be enjoyed at Beanstalk Cottage Tea Rooms.
Stunning location and good tutor
An extremely well run course providing first class tuition.
The New School of Art is rated 4.58 based on 84 reviews