The New School of Art Reviews

of reviewers recommend The New School of Art
Read The New School of Art Reviews

Tell us how The New School of Art made you happy
It was a beginners's course but I didn't feel it was !! Our tutor didn't teach us how to deal with colours and why would we use specific colours . I felt I'm lost because there wasn't enough explanation .. I actually didn't enjoy it and I felt disappointed !!!
The artist I wanted to be taught by, as I like his style of painting; was sacked. I was told that it would be ok as the replacement to undertake this. To date this hasn't happened. The present tutor, doesn't have a degree in art, I wonder if she has found a niche, but her knowledge around the subject is limited. She is a nice person, but it wasn't I signed up for. Fortunately the other tutees are good.
I thought the tutor would concentrate on portraiture, the course was advertised as a portraiture course. But it was really a life painting class, with lovely clothed models and Atul coming round, gently making suggestions. There was no crit at the end and altogether I was really disappointed. I learned nothing new. I felt I had wasted my money.
Good facilities, models and student/teacher ratio, but slightly disappointed that the Oil Painting course did not offer more instruction/techniques specifically targeted to the medium of oil paint. There were helpful insights into composition but not enough detail about why we were asked to bring the colours on the list and how to use them either alone or with different thinners and tips on colour mixing etc etc. Would have welcomed some anecdotal information regarding the methodology of the teacher who is experienced in this medium.
The New School of Art is rated 4.58 based on 84 reviews