The MOLE Clinic Reviews

of reviewers recommend The MOLE Clinic
Read The MOLE Clinic Reviews

About The MOLE Clinic:

The MOLE Clinic is the UK's leading independent skin cancer screening and mole removal clinic, caring for 40,000 patients annually. Consultant-led, the clinic offers same-day appointments from 6 central London locations including Harley Street. Services start at just £50.

The MOLE Clinic is BUPA & AXA PPP recognised, approved by the British Skin Foundation and accredited by the Skin Health Alliance. It is also a Patient Safety Award winner.

reception@themoleclinic.co.uk

9 Argyll Street

The MOLE Clinic 5 star review on 30th January 2017
Ms ODEA
More Photos & Videos
Great to have piece of mind that my freekles and moles are okay. Professional service where I learnt a lot about the signs and changes to look out for.
Efficient, good staff, and reassuring outcome.
The Mole Clinic provides a head-to-toe review of skin blemishes, which a GP would not normally have the time or expertise to undertake. The service is efficient, reasonably priced, and provides welcome reassurance, with appropriate follow-up if needed. I intend to return regularly for checks.
My telephone experience (with Tom) was efficient but quite impersonal. He seemed more concerned with taking payment than assisting in the process of confirming private health insurance coverage.
Nurse unprofessional, told stories and made jokes about other clients. Nurse didn't know about research in the area, and didn't seem keen to answer questions. One mole referred on, got the feeling she wouldn't have referred it if we hadn't pointed it out to her. Worried she may have missed something; not a pleasant experience.
Efficient Service from knowledgable Nurse
I've been several times now to two different branches - Argyll Street (Oxford Circus) and Harley Street. The service is exceptional - everyone from reception to the nurses and the doctors, really great. Twice I've had moles removed by the same consultant and he was really kind, patient and made the whole experience as good as it could possibly be. Would definitely recommend.
Excellent efficient service - would recommend to others.
I found the service to be professional and very helpful.
However,they are expensive.
I think charging £145 for a full body mole check and then having to pay further fees to get the mole checked again by a dermatologist is too much.
(£30 per mole)
There should be one fixed price.
Also if they find odd looking Moles you can be passed on to their expert mole Doctors but again you have to pay another £145 plus extras to remove the odd moles.(the extra fees can soon pile up unfortunately)
However you can just give the report to your Gp and the clinic makes this very clear indeed.
I found having the report to give to my Gp made my Gp definitely act quickly,without the report maybe some Gp,s might be reluctant to write a referral.So on balance,
I do think their protocol of Nurse inspection first(£145)plus £30 for each “possible”odd mole is wrong.
At these prices we should be able to see a dermatologist at the very first consultation.
Thank you for reviewing our service and I am pleased you found it ‘professional and very helpful’.

I am sorry that you found our service ‘expensive’. Given the importance of early diagnosis of skin cancer, our mission is to provide the highest quality, consultant-led service as quickly as possible. Our service structure and pricing, which is reflective of private sector costs, help ensure we succeed in our mission.

Some of our patients do take their MOLE Clinic Screening Reports to their NHS GP hoping for a referral to an NHS Dermatologist and we encourage them to do so if they are unable to see a MOLE Clinic dermatologist. I am glad your NHS GP responded to your needs appropriately, as indeed most do. However, we are aware of a number of our patients who were not referred to a dermatologist by their NHS GP – resulting, in at least one case, in tragic consequences.

I hope that we can continue to be of service to you in the future.

Iain Mack, Founder & MD, The MOLE Clinic.
Excellent - highly recommended. Appointment was available quickly. I was seen promptly on time, immediately reassured and had the full report the following day.
The procedure was quick and the doctor was very helpful and explained everything as I was slightly anxious.
I owukdvt liked to him to stress the importance of the aftercare more. Cleaning the wound and not just putting Vaseline on it as mine got infected. I went to a pharmacy and they told me What to do so it was ok.
I’m very pleased with the scar and the work that was done.
Not applicable.
A great service - convenient, professional and fast.
Efficient and very pleasant staff across the board.
Nurse was brilliant
Phone staff are in too much of a hurry especially when giving you your results. Slow die and encourage questions
After a mole check I was told that a dark mole above my breasts was much darker than last check. I went to a specialist. She said that if the mole was getting darker, I needed to get it removed. It was sent away for a cancer check. After much anguish and pain of removal and healing, the cancer check came back negative. I do not believe the mole was actually darker. I think you should check your photos for an even tone. I won't be coming again. Do not respond to me or invite me for another check.

Regards,
Beverly Schjelderup
Thank you for reviewing our service. We recommend that a new or changing mole be referred to a dermatologist, particularly where we have photographic evidence of suspect change, in compliance with UK clinical guidelines. This compliance assists in the detection of many skin cancers - some life threatening. The decision to remove and test a mole rests with a patient and their dermatologist, and most moles removed test 'negative' as they are removed on a precautionary basis. If all moles removed tested 'positive' for cancer, cancers would invariably be missed. I am glad that your mole was not cancerous and hope that my reply helps clarify our clinical approach. Kind regards, Iain Mack, Founder & MD, The MOLE Clinic.
It is a good service but very expensive considering you are examined by a nurse (not a doctor) and for the amount of time you actually spend with the nurse.
Thank you for reviewing our service as 'good'. Please rest assured that our nurses have considerably more training, experience and support in skin cancer screening than most GPs and always spend as much time as required with any particular patient. This is reflected in the high quality of our service as well as our prices, which most patients regard as good value for money. Kind regards, Iain Mack, Founder & MD, The MOLE Clinic.
A gown and a proper inspection table. would have been good rather than being just left in the room standing in ones underpants.

A couple of growths under my hair went un inspected as I was not able to locate them straight away

Provision of deodorant after battling through central London and the tube would also be helpful probably both for the client and the nurse! Fresh towel mats (rather than paper) to stand on would also be good.

Reception very efficient with a wrongly addressed invoice.
I have been a client of the Mole Clinic for over 10 years and I believe they provide an invaluable screening service for those of us who are at a higher risk of skin cancer.
Caoimhe was excellent, made me feel relaxed and answered any questions I had.
The MOLE Clinic is rated 4.83 based on 1,259 reviews