The London Tile Co. Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend The London Tile Co.
Verified C
"Prompt delivery of tiles ordered. Great tiles. Look lovely."
Lisa E
"I purchased a sample tile of the Valverdi Portico as it looked impressive on the website but unfortunately the tile that arrived fell well short of expectations. I called London Tile Company to ask why it was so different to be told that the photos on the website are digitally enhanced. They gave me a technical helpline number who repeated the same and added that there is nothing that you can apply to the tile without compromising the non-slip surface. I think that photos of the actual finish of the tiles would be more helpful for customers and would avoid disappointment in the future."
"Fantastic services from start to finish. Very helpful and quick delivery"
"Tiles arrived early, which was great, all the packages were wet, not so good. Found a few chipped tiles. Sent a replacement, still broken. Gave up other 3rd attempt."
We're so sorry to hear this, we will pass the feedback on to our couriers. Unfortunately it can be difficult to send one or two tiles in the post but we're working on improving this.
"The tile company itself sent out samples, wrapped carefully and with fragile tape on the outside. The reason for three stars and not four, is that the paid samples were both broken when unwrapped. I suspect the fault would like with the courier, as the care taken to wrap the samples was excellent."
Sorry to hear your samples were damaged in transit, please get in touch with our customer services team to see if there is anything we can do to help.
"We only ordered samples but just to let you know that despite them being wrapped in lots of bubble wrap and marked as fragile, both samples were broken."
Sorry to hear your samples were damaged on their way to you, please get in touch so we can refund or replace them for you.
"I ordered sample which came broken. I requested a new sample but also it came broken. It seems like the packaging was good but there might be issues with delivery company."
"This was the only place that I could find a match for the shower tiles and they sent a sample tile very quickly. The price of the tiles was reasonable but the delivery cost was excessive. Also the delivery for adhesive is charged separately from the tiles otherwise I would have bought that here."
"The tiles I ordered are lovely and the staff member in the Brighton branch was extremely helpful. However, I ordered online and was sent 20 tiles too few...one box was missing and each box contained 3 instead of 4 tiles as stated online and on the delivery paperwork. The company did admit their mistake and send out the remaining tiles the next day...they got to me in the afternoon...but the delay held up other parts of my kitchen revamp."
Sorry to hear this but glad we could get the remaining tiles out to you. Sometimes our suppliers change the box quantities without notifying us but we will be extra careful when checking these in future.
"Waiting for them to arrive"
Sorry to hear your free samples have not arrived. As you ordered over the bank holiday weekend these were dispatched on 4th April on a 3-5 working day service, so they should be with you soon. Please get in touch if you do not receive them this week.
"The ordering of the tiles was very easy and they kept you informed of your delivery however the tiles arrived in poor condition several pieces....I emailed the company but have received no reply or apology to date...so not great considering the amount paid."
Sorry to hear you have not received a reply, could you forward the email you send to reviews@londontile.co.uk and I will look into this for you.
"Acceptable is for looking at website and choosing the outdoor porcelain tiles that looked the darkest, near black and called something with black for example city black and quartz black actually were light to medium grey. Also 2 samples were broken due to insufficient wrapping...but I did not cut myself opening the envelope luckily. None of the tiles will match my Victorian path tiling, so cannot make a purchase. With kind regards Pia"
That's a shame that they don't match, but thank you for the feedback regarding the wrapping - I will pass this on to our warehouse.
"You took the order, I paid for it, then you told me it was discontinued. Just about acceptable in timing terms, but you shouldn't really have taken my money,"
"I was pleased to be able to purchase sample tiles, but disappointed at the cost of delivery. The tile pattern consisted of a random design, so I asked for 4 different tiles to see the different colours. As I needed more than one of the same design, I was charged postage at over £6, which was more than the cost of the tiles. When they arrived, they samples included two of the same tile, after I had asked for four different ones. Had I chosen four different designs, I understand the postage would have been free. There is logic there somewhere ......"
As these tiles have a random pattern we are unable to sort through the pallets to choose four individual tiles, which is why you have received two with the same pattern. We offered you the choice between collection from your nearest showroom (Brighton) or delivery, and unfortunately this is the cost to safely deliver four tile samples.
"The delivery was very smooth and within their quoted time. I'm afraid I can't say such good things about the patio slabs. Perhaps I expected too much for the very reasonable price but the colours are very very different. They really look like they are a pick'n'mix!! Fortunately they are going to be concealed somewhat by a table and chairs and hopefully will not be too noticeable. If you are after a reasonably uniform look then definitely don't buy these! I've only just temporarily laid them to figure out the spacing but thought a photo would help show the colours"
Hi Maggie, thanks for leaving a review. I can see you have ordered sandstone paving, there will always be a difference in colour as this is a natural product and therefore we cannot choose the colour of the paving slabs. If you look at the images of the paving on our website you can see the colour difference in all of the paving slabs.
The London Tile Co. is rated 4.45 based on 185 reviews