The London Tile Co. Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend The London Tile Co.
"I purchased a sample tile of the Valverdi Portico as it looked impressive on the website but unfortunately the tile that arrived fell well short of expectations. I called London Tile Company to ask why it was so different to be told that the photos on the website are digitally enhanced. They gave me a technical helpline number who repeated the same and added that there is nothing that you can apply to the tile without compromising the non-slip surface. I think that photos of the actual finish of the tiles would be more helpful for customers and would avoid disappointment in the future."
Sorry to hear you were not happy with the sample but this is exactly why we always recommend ordering a sample as it is so hard to represent the tiles accurately in photos. Some of the roomset images used on our website are computer generated, however the images of the tiles themselves are photographs we have taken of the tiles.
"330x250 tiles advertised when they came they were 325x255 makes all the difference but hey ho,live and learn"
I have checked your order and the tiles ordered were Oceano 330x200mm so they should definitely not be 325x255mm - please contact our customer services.
"Ordered some sample tiles from your web page which still have not arrived 5 Feb . Very off putting if it had of been are proper order work men and no slabs etc"
Sorry to hear your samples have not arrived, unfortunately one was out of stock but two samples were dispatched to you. We have resent these samples on 16th February so I hope you have received these by now.
"The tile sample I wanted was no longer available."
Unfortunately this tile has been discontinued and we no longer have any samples in stock, we refunded you in full for the sample ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
"I needed 10 tiles of a difficult to obtain size. Having found that the London Tile Company could provide them, I needed to check first that it was the correct size and style. A single sample was ordered, which arrived promptly, very well packed and ideal to place the order for the remaining 9. And the price looked fair, even if I needed to over-buy with a box of 17. So far, so good. However, when I called up to see how best they could be sent to me down here in Cornwall, I was met by the old fashioned 'No, it can't be done attitude'. You have to have a full box of 17 and they have to be collected from outlets in South East England or delivered on a costly pallet. Therer was no flexibility in offering either to break down the box to a smaller quantity or to consider a courier to deliver at a much more affordable price. The sale was lost to another supplier, who sent a box by courier, arriving the next day. Such a shame after a promising start."
I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with the service you received, unfortunately tiles are often damaged in transit and are very expensive to post due to their weight. Thank you for this feedback, we will look into better delivery options for smaller orders.
"Difficult to review on the basis that your 3-4 day delivery wasn't met and I don't at this time have the product I ordered. And any correspondence regarding delivery only came when I asked the question. Even now I only know it's due to arrive tomorrow am."
"We ordered a sample and it arrived the next day which was excellent service. However, a few days later we received another letter which had been partially torn open. It contained a tea bag and a letter saying we could use the tea bag to test our sample to see how well it would bear up to stains. From the wording of the letter we also understood that a nail had been enclosed in order to scratch the sample. This is not only gimmicky, but also irresponsible to post a letter containing a nail. Not impressed. I doubt that we shall be ordering from this company."
We are sorry to hear you were not happy with our follow up letter, we are attempting to demonstrate, in an innovative & interactive manner, how confident we are in the superior quality of Valverdi products.

We have taken on board your feedback in relation to the packaging & protection used for our letter & we are looking to make immediate changes as a result.
"Online ordering with this company is not straightforward! I ordered some tiles for click and collect. The order confirmation came through saying another email would be sent when they were dispatched. That email never came. Then I tried to print the invoice from the first email to see that they had got the order. Link went to error first time, saying I needed to log on. (So had to register with company to get invoice apparently - I never do that for one-off orders as you get plagued with marketing emails). So I reluctantly registered, (with the same email I used for the order) but it then worrying said I had no orders! So I rang the store I was collecting from to check. They said they had rung me but said I didn't answer my mobile. (so didn't leave a message or send a text?) So now I knew my order was there, but still needed the invoice. So I emailed London tile to get the invoice and they sent me a random wrong invoice with another person's information on (data protection issue?) So, not a smooth process to get these tiles. I won't be using london tile company again. They need to improve their ordering website, and not insist everyone registers with them if they want to get the invoice printed. (Customer services suggested I could always ring if I wanted the invoice - but this is not the point of online ordering, which I only used as I couldn't get an answer on the phone when I wanted to order the tiles and after 10 mins of horrid music I hung up and went online."
Thanks for your feedback, I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience. When a customer chooses to checkout as a guest, the invoice is available to print at the end of the ordering process - if you want to print this at a later date you do need to register. There was a mistake with the invoice emailed to you, and we will pass your feedback on to both the store and the web sales team.
"The sample tile was broken"
We're sorry to hear your sample tile was damaged in transit, give us a call on 0333 320 8048 and we'll refund or replace this for you.
The London Tile Co. is rated 4.47 based on 172 reviews