The Laptop Centre Reviews

40 Reviews

At The Laptop Centre, we pride ourselves on offering great value for high quality products.

Denis Bourne
Verified Buyer

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS LOT. The initial response to my query was fine, but they promised the earth and delivered zero. They have now merged with another business - Portable IT. I spoke to very rude individual there who blocked any attempt by me to explain my concerns, and essentially blamed all my problems on me - the customer. They have an automated email reply that promises a response in 24 hours. Their score against that target so far is also zero. Be wary!
Reginald Hockenhull
Verified Buyer

You specified a laptop I bought as having a webcam fitted. This was not the case. I emailed you with a complaint but as expected you did nor reply.
Sandra Moorhouse
Verified Buyer

I phoned a few times each time i had a patient man answer my questions. Im so happy with my dell lap top i would recomend lap top centre to any one.
Kevin Colyer
Verified Buyer

Excellent value for money and quick shipping!
Michael West
Verified Buyer

The refurbished notebook was in very good condition and extremely good value for money
Peter Laskey
Verified Buyer

Have used them in the past, and will use them again. ( as i recently have )
Excellent quality, service and backup.
Patrick Meehan
Verified Buyer

Ordered a Lenovo Thinkpad X201. Very pleased with the purchase. Installed Devuan Linux (a fork of Debian Linux) and all hardware was detected and supported using the generic Linux kernel. Performance is very good (i.e. 40 seconds to boot Linux into a ready to use state compared to the 3 minutes for Windows 7).

Jayne Fitzmaurice
Verified Buyer

Speedy delivery. Good value for money. Very pleased with the laptop. Would recommend without hesitation and have already done so!
Paul Short
Verified Buyer

Bought two of these Dells (one for brother in law) as needed sound office machines. For not-new ones they look completely new: not a scratch or scuff. Work exactly as expected - which means fine. No problems. About fifth or sixth machines bought from this company over the years: would certainly recommend.
Christine Burgess
Verified Buyer

Excellent experience, rapid posting and fantastic condition
Christine Smith
Verified Buyer

I am pleased with the delivery, but a little disappointed with the condition of my Apple laptop. Not sure how old it is but it looks like who ever had it before must have dropped it. It has cracks on both ends where the hinges are and marks on the front edge at both ends of the laptop, so I am hoping that nothing goes wrong with it. I have since tried to use it without the charger and it only lasts 1 hour, this surely can't be right. Could you please reply to this comment.
Hi Christine,
The two hairline cracks on the lid are very common on this particular model of MacBook as it was a design flaw with the lid when Apple produced them, it won't affect it in any way apart from appearance, so rest assured it hasn't been dropped, this was a grade B item but you do have a warranty of 3 months in the unlikely event should there be any issues.
Thank you.
Mike Johnson
Verified Buyer

Product exactly as advertised and therefore to my liking.
Eileen Garnon
Verified Buyer

Web site is great my laptop is better than expected and delivery was very fast. Overall am delighted and will be order again at the laptop centre.
Benjamin Uwaifo
Verified Buyer

I ordered a refurbished Lenovo laptop. The machine arrived the next day and I've had no problems with it. I was kept informed during the process about the delivery status. I am quite impressed and would be very happy to use this firm for any future PC requirements
John Cowburn
Verified Buyer

I have had a very good experience using your firm to sort out a replacement for my dying Presario. The HP notebook purchased from you is absolutely fab, quick, clean presentation and Windows 7 is very easy to use. Update of Windows Office and Norton Antivirus completed with no problems. Will highly recommend friends to you to have dame experience. Many thanks for saving my sanity!!
Derek Williams
Verified Buyer

I ordered a HP350 Laptop from The Laptop Centre and it arrived promptly and exactly as described. The price was very good compared to other potential suppliers and I will certainly purchase from them again in the future.
Brian Skinner
Verified Buyer

Fantastic service - rang at 10.00am for some advice - very helpful - collected new ipad at 11.30am - I would highly recommend this company.
Richard Judd
Verified Buyer

This is the third refurbished lap top I have purchased from TLC and I continue to be both satisfied and impressed. This was only a simple 'back up' machine for me and for the price paid you really cannot grumble - and if you do, you really shouldn't! Although 'second hand', it's clean, tidy, and works fine straight out of the box. I wouldn't hesitate in buying another, and for me TLC is the 'go to' place for getting what I need computer wise.
Ryan OKeeffe
Verified Buyer

I purchased both an IMAC and Macbook Pro from the The laptop Centre and I am very pleased with the product and condition. Great value for money. The guys at TLC have good technical knowledge and are always willing to help. Delivery was on time as expected.

Thank you.
Tamsin Hewett
Verified Buyer

I was quite nervous about buying a macbook second hand as nearly every company seemed to have at least a handful of very negative reviews to counterbalance the positive ones. After quite a bit of research and dithering I chose the Laptop Centre, primarily as, when I called to ask for advice, there was someone helpful and not too sales-y on the end of the line, which gave me confidence that I'd be able to speak to someone if things went wrong. It took a while for my laptop to arrive but when it did I could not have been happier - it looks in much better condition than grade B and so far works perfectly (I've been using it for about 6 weeks). So, one satisfied customer!
The Laptop Centre is rated 4.53 based on 40 reviews