The Harley Medical Group Reviews

02072918914

kathryn.jones@harleymedical.com

The Observatory, 40 Clerkenwell close

Tell us how The Harley Medical Group made you happy
If I could give 0 stars I would. I had surgery (augmentation and mastopexy) nearly 5years ago. On the initial consultation I was told that they use new techniques so the scarring is very minimal, when I went to see the nurse for my first check after surgery she removed the bandages I was horrified to find I had nearly 70 staples! I have been left with staple marks all on my breast just to add to the anchor scars from the uplift!! After a year I had to have surgery again due to capsular contraction (no fault of the company or surgeon). I have been in pain now for 18months I have rang them and been to see them to which they said ‘basically there’s nothing they can do as my surgeon has now left’ even though I paid extra to have a 10year warranty! Apparently the warranty is with the surgeon not the company which had not been explained. I am now having to go to a different surgeon at another company to take my implants out completely due to the horrendous pain everyday and sort the scarring out which was left. I’m suffering from anxiety through the pain thinking that there is something sinister going on and not getting any answers! I have had to go to my GP for scans and blood tests as they will not do anything.
The customer service is horrendous once they have your money you are just another number on there books! reading all the other reviews has given me the confidence to write and warn everybody else!!

Please avoid at all cost!!
Could not praise them more. I had a great and fast experience! As soon as I had my consultation about a month and a bit later I had my surgery. They were so kind and helpful and my surgeon Did an amazing job. They handled the Covid protocols brilliantly. The after care was amazing, had weekly appointments with my nurse and all my needs met. My case ended up being a bit difficult but they handled it with care and I couldn’t thank the Maidstone/Sevenoaks clinic enough and my surgeon!
I nearly didn’t go ahead with surgery after reading some of these reviews but i’m so glad I made my own judgment because everything from start to finish has been great! Really happy with result and surgeon Dr Sharma is so nice! Aftercare has been great so far!
STEER WELL CLEAR OF The Harley Medical Group! Worst experience ever.

I had a mis-sold rhinoplasty in March 2018 of which the results determined all 3 of the defeats I had had the surgery to correct were all still present. I later found out from another surgeon that the wrong kind of surgery has been performed and would never have fixed the defeats.
The surgeon who performed my surgery went AWOL and Harley didn't seem to know when or if he was coming back and left me in limbo for months and wouldn't assign me a different surgeon who was present and working. They ask you to give them 20 working days to provide a solution... at this end of this period, they say they haven't got a solution and ask for another 20 working days... and at the end of that period, yup, same again.. and on it drags.
During this time I came across other patients who were also unhappy of the work (including injuries!) of this now-AWOL surgeon. Harley Medical never provided an explanation as to why he left.
It took months of chasing before I finally got assigned a different surgeon and I had to travel to a different county to have my appointments with him as he did not travel to the clinic where I had initially signed up with Harley Medical and had all my appointments until now.
I waited months for a revision surgery date which surprisingly enough, never came. More false promises. Harley were constantly using delay tactics and dragging out the process, no doubt in the hope I would go away and they wouldn't need to pay for the corrective surgery.
It then became apparent that the revision surgery STILL wouldn't fix all the defects with my nose that they happily told me they could fix when they took my money so of course I asked for a refund!
Nothing gets done unless you constantly chase and hassle and everything has been a complete pain from start to finish. Things that should be simple and quick will drag on for months.
Complaints simply get 'acknowledged' but no action is ever taken.
They have also lied on more than one occasion, extremely unprofessional.
I asked for a refund months ago which surprisingly enough, I have never received.

It is also worth noting The Harley Medical Group went into administration in November 2019, something they neglected to tell me until I found out. So when they botch up your surgery, there's nothing you can do about it!
Once they have your money you are no longer of any concern to them so if you have any problems, good luck!
They also take NO responsibility for botched surgery and say they are just an "introducer" between you and your surgeon, so all the liability is on your surgeon. If like in my case, the surgeon botches your surgery and then goes AWOL, Harley Medical will wash their hands of you!

Appalling atrocious company! I truly wish I had never stepped foot through their doors!
I have now had to get a solicitor on this matter.
Customer service is absolutely awful, once they take your money they couldn't care less about you! I ended up cancelling my surgery after being messed about so much and they kept £700 of my money because apparently they went into administration at the end of 2019 and because I paid my deposit before then they wouldn't honour it yet no one thought to tell me that! Absolute joke of a company
The staff were great but the lower face lift was not worth the money that I paid for it. It looked reasonably well done until the swealing went down and then I just looked the same as before the surgery.
The worst customer service I have received! Although they advertise that the Chelmsford clinic has high referrals for Laser Hair Removal, I find that the clinicians were inexperienced and awful at customer service. I had different clinicians for appointments with only one having any customer service. Pls believe me when I say get your appointments booked elsewhere. Harley Medical Group is highly disappointing
Honestly the worst customer service team I have ever dealt with! Considering the amount of money they charge for their services I am absolutely shocked by the appalling communication. I have been emailing, calling and using the web chat for the past month to try and reschedule an appointment with zero successful.
Please believe the previous reviews, once they have your money you will be sent straight to the bottom of their priority list.
I'm now 7 weeks post op having had a breast augmentation with Harley Medical Group and could not recommend them enough - from start to finish, it has been an incredible experience.

I've wanted the procedure for over 10 years as I was so unhappy with my breasts before; I explained exactly what results I wanted and the patient coordinator and surgeon totally understood. I've had various consultations with other cosmetic surgery groups and you can't even put them in the same category.

I had Anna de Leo as my surgeon and used the Brighton clinic for all appointments. Dr Leo can be quite abrupt and not overly friendly which my patient coordinator did give me the heads up - thankfully she's an excellent surgeon and I'd much rather she better at that than people skills! The team of women at the clinic were AMAZING though - Emma, Kelly, Marilyn and Harriet are an absolute credit to HMG. So friendly and couldn't have done more for me.

From the very first appointment I had a gut feel that HMG were the right choice for me as they made me feel so comfortable and everything was so professional. The end result is more than I could have ever wished for and I finally have the body I've always wanted. My confidence and self-esteem has improved so much. I've felt properly cared for throughout and the aftercare was great - weekly check-in calls, 1-week post op appointment and a 6-week check up. I could call them whenever I had a concern or question as recovery was very painful.

If you've been considering cosmetic surgery then I would highly recommend Harley Medical. It's been faultless!
The only positive review I can leave is that my surgeon Dr Thrush was amazing. I was 20 years old at the time & saved up for years to pay for my BA after being self conscious since I was 13 years old. The after care was absolutely horrendous. Sophie & Helena embarrassed me & made me feel like rubbish for expressing my concerns/worries. I wasn’t given any aftercare so swelling/pain, I thought was important to ask about, especially when I’d never had an operation before & wanted some reassurance. I had sarcastic comments made & they belittled me every time which then made me not even contact them again. It’s such a shame as Dr Thrush himself was amazing & my boobs look great, but the service at the Birmingham clinic was shocking, even the nurses don’t want to know. I emailed recently as I’d noticed a change in the appearance of my boobs & wondered if it was rippling. I was ignored so decided to call & was discarded straight away. The nurse told me it had that appearance before & after my op which, I have the pre op & 1 week post op pics that they have on my phone & it definitely doesn’t look like that!! Avoid at all costs. Go through the surgeon directly. Again, Dr Thrush was amazing!
WARNING!!! DO NOT UNDERGO TREATMENT OR SURGERY VIA HARLEY MEDICAL GROUP ⚠️

They will be quick to take your money but when things go wrong, they won’t want to know!!!!

This comes from personal experience. Please take heed!
Very bad experience with this company. They are happy to go above and beyond before surgery but once surgery is done and you need assistance they are not interested! Aftercare has been shocking and really wish I went with another company. All they care about it getting their £££££££ and do not care for their patients.
It’s the worst decision I’ve taken in my life to go for Laser treatment at Harley Medical group in Harley street!
They are very skilled at taking your money and then will give you the worst service with booking the sessions, unskilled therapists and cancelling treatments at their convenience!
But it looks that getting a refund from them is almost impossible but I will keep trying...
Avoid this place and don’t be deceived with appearances like what happened to me!
They are not professional and they don’t have any idea about ethics!
Avoid at all cost. I wish I could have read real reviews before stepping into Hartley "Medical"Group. Now I feel unhappy and worse off.
AWFUL EXPERIENCE! I am so annoyed at myself for not looking at the reviews beforehand. Sales pitching, pressuring, money grabbing company. I went there for surgery, and i look worse than before I went. A lot of hard earned cash down the drain, emotional turmoil, the weeks of pain.. for nothing! The experience was awful, was made to sit in reception not even two hours after surgery, as they needed my room, a company that is not shy in showing they’re just after your money. I had my breasts done with the Private clinic and they are in a different league. The after care in comparison is shocking. Please avoid this company at all costs.
***AVOID AT ALL COSTS***

I was asked to pay £8k before even having a consultation and working out which procedure I needed. It all felt very rushed and sales tactics were used, despite this being surgery!! You are almost tricked into booking a surgery date, with the team saying surgeons were not available for months unless it was booked in a very quick timeframe. After reading the terms and conditions it’s lucky I cancelled before the date in which I wouldn’t get a full refund.. alarm bells there and this is not discussed when booking.

After I felt pressured and rushed I decided to cancel all appointments, it was just so unprofessional. I then received no reply from the contact Danielle Lee as I guess she had lost business and was no longer interested. It took 6 plus weeks for my refund of £500 for the surgery booking and makes me think is the money used and then needed to be found again for the reimbursement? Just awful!

I mean I never even met with a surgeon?? What if the procedure wasn’t right for me! Absolute scam.

I will be telling people to stay away from Harley Medical, there was no trust built and you really don’t care about the actual person, just money! Worst experience ever!
I had rhinoplasty in 2014. I had to have corrective surgery in 2015 as it was botched. My nose was straight before now I have a dent on one side and the tip is lopsided. All I wanted was the bump in the nose to be flattened and my tip bought in a bit.
I was 20yrs old when I had it done and worked three jobs while at university to pay for this all to be unhappy with the result. Aftercare was shocking - in fact minimal.
Disappointed with surgeon and company!
Would never recommend. I used the Harley Medical Group for a rhinoplasty which cost £4k. I regret using them until this day. They somehow gave me a nose dimple which never existed before and did a really bad job of it!
I paid in total 15,000 to have a breast reduction & tummy tuck with liposuction of 2 areas. However I did ask for a refund for my tummy tuck and lipo as I did not want to go through with it. They said it will take up to 28 working days. That was 3 weeks ago and I am yet to receive my refund. I keep hearing ‘you are top priority’. Also because i smoked 3 weeks before my surgery they said they can not perform my surgery and will need to pay £1,500 to reschedule or I will NOT receive a refund. Complete FRAUD company. Now i have lost £7000 because they chose not to do the operation and cancel my operation. Disgusting. Avoid this company at all costs!
visited Harley medical last year for breast augmentation after having 3 children.
The closest clinic (Bristol) is a 2 hour drive from where I live.
On the consultation day we went through all the standard stuff, what size, what shape etc.
I was quoted for just implants and also a quote for a possible areola lift.

A few weeks passed I decided to book the surgeon consultation which was £500 upfront £100 for the surgeon and £400 to book my surgery date.

Drove all the way back up to Bristol to meet the surgeon. Nobody bothered to tell me he was running an hour late. A frequent patient told me he always runs late.
The surgeon had a kind of I can’t be bothered to be here attitude. The surgeon then said no you have to have a full uplift. Which of course took the cost up £2,500.
I did not go through with the surgery as could not justify that amount on one procedure.

After doing research it seemed my breasts weren’t below the “line” to require an uplift.
I have since seen a surge won with Nuffield who has stated I am definitely not on the side of things to need an uplift and to preform one on me would be criminal. It’s also cheaper than I was first quoted at Harley and pretty much on my doorstep so win win :)

I have since read reviews on here (somehow didn’t see this site before) I feel so lucky I never went through surgery with them.

After writing a complaint to Harley I was able to get a full £500 refund. Their refunds take 30 days to reach your account

I would advise anyone who is considering surgery to avoid anywhere that wants money upfront or doesn’t allow you to book with a surgeon straight away.
The Harley Medical Group is rated 1.69 based on 75 reviews