The Fish Society Reviews

team@thefishsociety.co.uk

Unit 1Coopers Place

Click Here

Tell us how The Fish Society made you happy

"Perfectly delivered, delicious thick fillets."
Thanks Andrea, it's good to hear that you are happy!
"AS always the order was absolutely perfect. The Matjes herrings in particular were superb."
Thank you Dennis and for being a loyal customer too!
"Brilliant service. Rescued a themed dinner party at the last minute when another fish vendor failed to deliver in time."
Fabulous, thanks David and we hope your dinner party was a success!
"Although I had issues with ordering on the website, the quality of the fish is really great and the service is impeccable. Great firm and products. Thank you."
Sorry to hear that you had problems ordering Caroline, we are working very hard to get all glitches fixed. Thanks for the great Review!
"Excellent"
Thanks Madeleine!
"Excellent organic salmon which cooked beautifully and tasted wonderful. I will be back for more. We haven’t tried the haddock yet but it looks good."
Thank you for letting us know Elizabeth, we love to hear that you are happy. We also hope you enjoy the haddock!
"Delivered what I wanted when I wanted at a fair price"
Thanks for taking the time to let us know David!
"Great fish and quick service"
Thank you for letting us know!
"Hopefully, a glitch. But an expensive one."
"Great shopping experience. The fish was delivered promptly and it was fresh and of extremely high quality. Will shop again"
Thanks Matteo, we love to hear that you are happy with your shopping experience and we look forward to hearing from you again!
"Quick delivery and received a pre delivery phone call from the company ensuring I was happy with the order."
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Review Robert, we hope you enjoy your fish!
"Its ok so far , not fair to comment to much as I haven't tried that much yet"
Thanks for taking the time to leave a few words Paul, we look forward to sending more fish your way!
"Perfect."
You're welcome Tina, thanks for being a customer.
"Quick delivery and received a courtesy call from one of their polite and helpful staff, Brilliant!"
Thank you very much!!!
"Firstly we were sent wrong fish which was useless to us. . Our order was sent to somebody else, and their order to us. My wife’s birthday party has to postponed to a weekday. Another problem is that we received personal details of the other person, including their phone and I assume they received mine. Not really good data protection. Secondly when we received replacement order it turned out the big 1kg tuna loin sashimi grade has been frozen last March and it was greyish and definitely not suitable for sashimi and not at this price:( You simply can’t sell sashimi grade fish that has been frozen for so long. Salmon blocks were replaced with smaller packages. Our first order was much better, this one quite opposite. On the plus note salmon was very good quality."
Hello Tomasz

I am sorry about the mixup caused by two address labels being wrongly applied. I can assure you this expensive error happens very rarely.

I also need to apologise over the tuna. Your comments feed into our ongoing debate here about how best to keep tuna sashimi customers happy.

The essential problem is that tuna meat naturally begins to lose its red colour immediately after death and even if frozen quickly, this becomes noticeable within weeks unless either
1) the fish is kept at -60C
2) it has been chemically treated.

Solution 1 requires expensive equipment which we have considered but haven't got there yet. Solution 2 is generally considered dubious and we have spurned it so far.

In place of these approaches, we try very hard to keep our tuna at the red end of the spectrum by keeping stocks low and replenishing often. However, with the best will in the world, some brown tuna will slip through. I just inspected our stock of tuna loins to see if there were any others as old as yours. Currently all stock is very recent.

Brown tuna is less attractive than red but the divergence in taste is much less pronounced. However, many consumers eat with their eyes and must be satisfied.So I have today been speaking to a supplier of the chemically treated tuna served in many sushi bars and we will probably start stocking this product soon.

I have put £25 of points on your account which you can claim against a future order by using the blue slider at checkout stage 3.

There are a couple of links below which you might find interesting.
"Excellent quality and exactly as promised."
Thanks for letting us know Colin!
"Really impressed order arrived when you said it would fish was lovely and I will hope to use you again"
Thanks Susan, we hope to hear from you again!
"Recieved my most recent order in good time and s arranged. I've only used some o the white crab meat and a little of the brown. I've bought quite a bit from the fish society in the last few years and have always been very happy with the service I received and with the fish I've tried. I'll be ordering agin in the future"
Thanks Herbie and for being a loyal customer too!
"Really pleased .Thank you"
You're welcome Mircea, thank you for leaving us a Review too.
"Efficient, professional and courteous. All essential to having a successful business that makes one want to do more business with them and The Fish Society has them all."
Thank you for your praise Peter, we do work very hard to ensure that we meet these standards and it's great to hear that you're impressed!
The Fish Society is rated 4.81 based on 3,288 reviews