The Calais Wine Superstore Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend The Calais Wine Superstore

About The Calais Wine Superstore: The Calais Wine Superstore is the biggest, dedicated wine warehouse in Calais. We stock a huge range of wine and beer, including many of the UK’s favourite brands, prices start from an incredible £1.29 and customers can save an average of £4 a bottle on UK supermarket prices. We will even pay for your ferry or tunnel crossing to collect your wine!

0033 321 19 00 19

shop@calaiswine.co.uk

Tell us how The Calais Wine Superstore made you happy

customer service
Kevin S
"A very slick operation. Pre-ordered everything and it was waiting on a trolley when we arrived. In and out in 5 minutes with a car full of exceptional value wine and bubbly."
Vicky B
"Always happy to answer any queries or questions and with a quick response time, especially arranging travel. Order always ready and waiting, with a good selection of wines on offer to try."
"The people here are so helpful. The wine range is extensive and prices are unbeatable."
"Very good and well organised. I did find though there were NO German wines in store.. So I then had to go to Pidou for them!"
"The free eurotunnel car pass makes buying quaffing wine more affordable. They have lots of cheap wines but we have no interest in those. We are after the middle of the road or better with lower or no sulphite content. That makes a big difference to the range of choice. The best French wines don't get much of a look in at this point which is a shame. Most often the so-called premium wines at Calais Wine do not have bootles open for tasting and some persuasion is needed. We split our shop with other merchants in the greater Calais region. We use Calias Wine for the Kiwi, Oz, South Africa bog standard classics and the rest elsewhere. The pricepoint is higher but the quality much more so."
"I always find the staff helpful and I am very keen on the deal £250 for a free tunnel trip. The choice of wines are excellent for both variety and width of price brand."
"Disappointed for the first time in many years. Visited over the Easter weekend to collect twice-yearly my pre-order, only to find that some items had been taken from my trolley because they were out of stock on the shelves. Wasn't too bothered about having to spend 10 minutes looking around for replacements, except that the stock levels were at a very low level and there was limited choice, especially at prices below £4 a bottle. Not what I have enjoyed and appreciated over the years. The staff were their usual helpful selves, and gave me a discount, but I couldn't help feeling this experience might have something to do with Brexit uncertainties. I hope this store stays!"
"Great, really good value wines, only criticism is that when you find a great wine that you love, they never seem to have it it the next time round we go, which is ever 6/8 months."
"As usual prices were excellent however most of the wines that you advertised on line many of which l wanted to purchase were out of stock mainly Prosecco Grand Duca and hardys stamp. However the staff as usual were very informative and wines very similar. Will see you all again."
"Prices are great and the team are very friendly and helpful A little disappointed that not all that I ordered was in stock and the shop was very depleted of red wine boxes - no doubt a Brexit factor"
"Crossing via tunnel arranged for us, all very smooth, good selection of wines available, overall very enjoyable day with no hassle"
"A very smooth operation. The wine I had pre-ordered was ready on a trolley for me. Getting across by Eurotunnel was hassle-free. I would definitely recommend others to use your service. It will be interesting to see what savings can be made after Brexit"
"This used to be the best way to buy everyday wine at good prices and equally to find some real gems from off the beaten track. Sadly, the selection of both has declined and our most recent visit was almost disappointing. I suspect that this was Brexit related and completely understandable, but I do hope that once that is sorted(!) the CWS will get back to providing great wines at reasonable prices! As ever, the staff were amazingly helpful and knowledgeable and always eager to assit."
"A broad selection of wines, however only the cheaper wines were available to taste, which meant we didn’t purchase more expensive wines and stuck to the minimum £250 to have the inclusive crossing. We were then able to taste and purchase the other wines elsewhere."
"Great service as usual from friendly helpful staff. Disappointed that not the usual extensive selection available as stock reduced due to brexit uncertainty."
"So easy to arrange our trip and plenty of wine choices and good value. Definitely still worth travelling to."
"We had chocolates but we were sad by lack of the wine we like. It was explained and we understand. Let’s hope it is sorted soon"
"On line service is 100% easy to use etc. Staff however need to smile a bit more while continuing the good job they do."
"Pre-order of £250.00 brought 'free' travel through the tunnel, which would have cost us £60.00, made the whole process economical. Choice of wines was good and the service helpful. We have been coming here since CWS first opened and we wait with baited breath to see what effect Brexit might have on it. We are working to stop Brexit and Remain in Europe so these sort of trips can continue without hindrance."
"Always great service with friendly knowledgeable staff. Added bonus of being able to try different wines without the obligation to buy. Would like to see a price match guarantee introduced as some wines are becoming cheaper at neighbouring Pidou [Wolf Blass Eaglehawk for example is 54p a bottle cheaper]. Be back again in the New Year!"
"Good choice of wines at a good price"
"Our 2nd trip of the year and disappointing to find mainly Spanish & Portuguese wines available. Very little Australian or Chilean wines as usually there and not as much choice in the £1.99 range now. Excellent customer service as usual."
"Always competent efficient and friendly. Quite a few friends have mentioned that some UK supermarkets do good deals. Pointed out that even then not as good and you don't know when and which wines will be on offer. When they ask if it's worthwhile I tell them it's a no brainer! Would give 5 Stars if they sold Cloudy Bay!"
The Calais Wine Superstore is rated 4.90 based on 2,853 reviews