The Calais Wine Superstore Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend The Calais Wine Superstore

About The Calais Wine Superstore: The Calais Wine Superstore is the biggest, dedicated wine warehouse in Calais. We stock a huge range of wine and beer, including many of the UK’s favourite brands, prices start from an incredible £1.29 and customers can save an average of £4 a bottle on UK supermarket prices. We will even pay for your ferry or tunnel crossing to collect your wine!

0033 321 19 00 19

shop@calaiswine.co.uk

Tell us how The Calais Wine Superstore made you happy

customer service
Kevin S
"A very slick operation. Pre-ordered everything and it was waiting on a trolley when we arrived. In and out in 5 minutes with a car full of exceptional value wine and bubbly."
Vicky B
"Always happy to answer any queries or questions and with a quick response time, especially arranging travel. Order always ready and waiting, with a good selection of wines on offer to try."
"The people here are so helpful. The wine range is extensive and prices are unbeatable."
"Excellent service very helpful pleasant experience buying wine at very competitive prives"
"Sadly not such a great experience! We have been many, many times. No greeting on arrival, no help offered even though we were the only customers and seemingly plenty of staff! Had to ask for help several times. Very limited stock compared to previous visits but I understand that is due to Brexit sadly! Disappointing as we are normally very happy!"
"Always good service but their prices/advertising is misleading. They quote price difference from a single bottle in the UK, but in reality most of the UK prices are discounted by £2 if you buy more than one. As you are unlikely to be buying single bottles in Calais, this is a misleading comparison. I suppose '£2 less than UK prices' doesn't look so good but that's what you are getting."
"This was the first time we had used their travel scheme which worked without flaw. I was disappointed to receive a call from them the previous day to say they didn’t have my entire order hence only 3 stars."
"Happy until payment, you encourage to pay by cheque to avoid currency fluctuations, but after writing the cheque I was kept waiting to go through many security checks from outside approx 1/2 hour a lesson learned not to do again, made us miss our timed return to uk."
"Excellent customer service as usual but choice of wines seemed to be limited to Spanish or Portuguese rather than Australia or Chilean and generally prices had increased."
"As always a good trip to get a good selection of wines at advantagous prices. Have used this company for many visits and friends are using them too, they too are pleased with the service. Free crossing included! Plus a good tasting room if in doubt about any wine on offer. Roger"
"Very happy with the service and products I purchased however was disappointed that the selection of wine boxes has decreased as this is my main interest. when traveling back to the UK a wine box is significantly less weight than bottled wines hence the attraction.."
Thank you very much for your comments. Unfortunately we had to reluctantly withdraw our latest stock of Namaqua Blanc de Blanc 3 litre wine boxes from sale because we felt that the quality we had received from our supplier was simply not up to standard. However during the next two weeks we will be replenishing our range with two new Spanish Red and two new Spanish White 3 litre wine boxes from just £5.99 each, and the Namaqua Blanc de Blanc will be back in stock during January 2019. We hope to see you in store again soon.
"Very good value but although we had preordered it wasnt ready for us"
"Bit chaotic at Checkout had to find someone regards my order which wany made clear however on par all was sati's factory order was ready in time jus need to organise better the checkout process"
"Regular satisfied customers, but on recent visit order not ready and not on system despite our order being acknowledged by email hence only 3 stars. However we will return."
"I miss the collection as i stuck on A1 motorway due to accident,we called in but management refused to wait 10-15 extra,so we couldnt collect the order,have to go another store nearby"
Hello there, We are really sorry that we were unable to hold the store open for you. This is actually due to the fact that we are not licenced past our opening hours so it would be breaking French law.

We really do hope we can welcome you back in the future.
"They spoke English"
"Rather disappointed that Banrock Chardonnay was out of stock and very disappointed that the Greene King IPA had a best before date of 30/4/17. One tray normally lasts me 4/5 months and so giving me an extra one doesn't really help !"
"Cheap wine of variable quality - really do need to try before you buy. Some great bargains to be had. Unfortunately the staff did not handle things well and really let the experience down."
"It is best shop for wine."
"My order was not ready when I arrived. It was quicker for me to collect my own from the shelves than wait for staff to find my order."
"It was very busy with only 1 till open. My pick up order had 2 cases of different wine to which I had ordered."
Dear Mr. Wiles,
We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience shopping with us. It was clearly a busy day and this seems to have led to some confusion - we will of course replace the wine that you received in error - our apologies for this mistake. If you could possibly supply your telephone number Marco Attard, our UK Sales Director, would like to call you to ensure that this is rectified to your satisfaction. We would like to thank you for your valuable support of our business and look forward to seeing you in store again soon. The Calais Wine Superstore
"This rating breaks down into "Very Good" for Calais Wine but "Very Poor" for the cheque guarantee service offered by their merchant card services partner Transax. For the second occasion (out of two occasions) Transax refused to accept my cheque payment and I spent 30 minutes in Calais calling my bank in the UK. All to no avail as Transax still refused to budge, despite there being nothing wrong with my card. All the information corresponded but it was still a "Transax says No", with no explanation. Very embarrassing. Also time consuming as we were on a day trip and had limited time so had to cut short our planned lunch. Very frustrating. Calais Wine - please sort out the problems at Transax, or stop using them, as they spoil a very good service from yourselves. Just one other point - there was a very limited choice of wines for sampling on the day we visited as they were doing a stock count. This was disappointing though it was the first time this has happened to us and we are regular customers."
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with Transax when paying by cheque at The Calais Wine Superstore. We do offer various other methods of payment including paying in sterling or euros by credit or debit card, but unfortunately we are unable to offer an alternative cheque guarantee service at the moment as Transax are the only people able to offer this service. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by our stock count, please do contact a member of staff on your next visit - we will ensure that the usual wide selection of wines is made available for you prior to making your choice. Thank you for your continued support of our business, it is very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you in store again soon. The Calais Wine Superstore
"We have been using your website for a number of years now and find this one rather more annoying to use. It did not give us the choice of collection dates but assumed that we were collecting the wine on the same day that we placed the order. Thus the need to send an email with these details. We also liked the 'at a glance ' totalling of the savings comparison on the old site. However, having said this we always get a great service from you and look forward to our trip at the weekend"
We are sorry to hear you have encountered problems using the new website. In fact you have highlighted an issue that the web developers have been working on regarding the calendar dates for collection and we expect this will be easier to use very shortly. We do still have the savings shown on product pages and totalled on your till receipt - but once again, please accept our apologies for any difficulties and we would like to thank you very much for your continued support of our business.
The Calais Wine Superstore