The Calais Wine Superstore Reviews

customer service
Best Customer Support in the Reviews.io Customer Voice Awards, Winter 2019
Read The Calais Wine Superstore Reviews

About The Calais Wine Superstore:

The Calais Wine Superstore is the biggest, dedicated wine warehouse in Calais. We stock a huge range of wine and beer, including many of the UK’s favourite brands, prices start from an incredible £1.29 and customers can save an average of £4 a bottle on UK supermarket prices. We will even pay for your ferry or tunnel crossing to collect your wine!

0033 321 19 00 19

shop@calaiswine.co.uk

Tell us how The Calais Wine Superstore made you happy
Customer service is amazing nothing is too much trouble. If the wine you like is not available they will recommend another simular. Every thing was ready when we arrived travel was booked for us. We go at least twice a year. Great place great value.
Giving those stars only that staff was very kind and free travel . But we were very disappointed with wine choices, the shop sells mostly very cheap rubbish wine . We found only few wines we like .. so we struggled to spend £250 !! So went back to Carrefour in Cite Europe and spend £600 more for wines in there as it has big arrangement of wines and good prices
Excellent service very helpful pleasant experience buying wine at very competitive prives
Sadly not such a great experience! We have been many, many times. No greeting on arrival, no help offered even though we were the only customers and seemingly plenty of staff! Had to ask for help several times. Very limited stock compared to previous visits but I understand that is due to Brexit sadly! Disappointing as we are normally very happy!
Always good service but their prices/advertising is misleading. They quote price difference from a single bottle in the UK, but in reality most of the UK prices are discounted by £2 if you buy more than one. As you are unlikely to be buying single bottles in Calais, this is a misleading comparison. I suppose '£2 less than UK prices' doesn't look so good but that's what you are getting.
This was the first time we had used their travel scheme which worked without flaw. I was disappointed to receive a call from them the previous day to say they didn’t have my entire order hence only 3 stars.
Happy until payment, you encourage to pay by cheque to avoid currency fluctuations, but after writing the cheque I was kept waiting to go through many security checks from outside approx 1/2 hour a lesson learned not to do again, made us miss our timed return to uk.
Excellent customer service as usual but choice of wines seemed to be limited to Spanish or Portuguese rather than Australia or Chilean and generally prices had increased.
As always a good trip to get a good selection of wines at advantagous prices. Have used this company for many visits and friends are using them too, they too are pleased with the service. Free crossing included! Plus a good tasting room if in doubt about any wine on offer. Roger
Very happy with the service and products I purchased however was disappointed that the selection of wine boxes has decreased as this is my main interest. when traveling back to the UK a wine box is significantly less weight than bottled wines hence the attraction..
Thank you very much for your comments. Unfortunately we had to reluctantly withdraw our latest stock of Namaqua Blanc de Blanc 3 litre wine boxes from sale because we felt that the quality we had received from our supplier was simply not up to standard. However during the next two weeks we will be replenishing our range with two new Spanish Red and two new Spanish White 3 litre wine boxes from just £5.99 each, and the Namaqua Blanc de Blanc will be back in stock during January 2019. We hope to see you in store again soon.
Very good value but although we had preordered it wasnt ready for us
Bit chaotic at Checkout had to find someone regards my order which wany made clear however on par all was sati's factory order was ready in time jus need to organise better the checkout process
Regular satisfied customers, but on recent visit order not ready and not on system despite our order being acknowledged by email hence only 3 stars. However we will return.
I miss the collection as i stuck on A1 motorway due to accident,we called in but management refused to wait 10-15 extra,so we couldnt collect the order,have to go another store nearby
Hello there, We are really sorry that we were unable to hold the store open for you. This is actually due to the fact that we are not licenced past our opening hours so it would be breaking French law.

We really do hope we can welcome you back in the future.
They spoke English
Rather disappointed that Banrock Chardonnay was out of stock and very disappointed that the Greene King IPA had a best before date of 30/4/17. One tray normally lasts me 4/5 months and so giving me an extra one doesn't really help !
Cheap wine of variable quality - really do need to try before you buy. Some great bargains to be had. Unfortunately the staff did not handle things well and really let the experience down.
It is best shop for wine.
My order was not ready when I arrived. It was quicker for me to collect my own from the shelves than wait for staff to find my order.
It was very busy with only 1 till open. My pick up order had 2 cases of different wine to which I had ordered.
Dear Mr. Wiles,
We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience shopping with us. It was clearly a busy day and this seems to have led to some confusion - we will of course replace the wine that you received in error - our apologies for this mistake. If you could possibly supply your telephone number Marco Attard, our UK Sales Director, would like to call you to ensure that this is rectified to your satisfaction. We would like to thank you for your valuable support of our business and look forward to seeing you in store again soon. The Calais Wine Superstore
The Calais Wine Superstore is rated 4.90 based on 3,060 reviews