The Battery Guys Reviews

enquiries@imperiumbatteries.co.uk

Unit 1 Gillibrands Road,
East Gillibrands Estate,

Tell us how The Battery Guys made you happy
Made purchase through a cashback website - which The Battery Guys refused to recognise. Would not trust again.
The box was sodden with battery acid (see Photos) I need my car as a Carer and called you for advice. The girl told me to 'wash it with cold water' and offered no more help. I see on your reviews that this isn't the first time this has happened. I called my mechanic; he said to install it and hope for the best. (He would have found me a battery but he's not available Sat/Sun) It appears to be holding its charge, but for how long, I don't know. I will be contacting Yodel next.
I never received my battery
Bought on 13th June (in working hours) and paid extra for next day delivery. Tracking said expected on 14th, but no battery arrived! Wasted a day waiting. Some time over the evening of the 14th the tracking was updated and had to wait until 15th for the battery to be delivered. Another day wasted. I bought the battery expecting a good service, but it was poor and have had NO refund for the next day service I paid for! I would recommend using another battery supplier if you want a good, reliable service.
The battery was delivered on Saturday 16th June. It was rejected as the Battery was leaking. The driver from Yodel tried to force my other half to take it ( She suffers from Bipolar ) Luckily I turned up and he took the battery away. He was very determined to leave it
Hi, We are so sorry to hear this, we have contacted our delivery service to ensure this would not happen again.
I placed the order and i got a confirmation a few days later the battery had been delivered. It hadnt. MY CCTV SHOWS THIS!!. YODEL cannot find where it was delivered to and told me to come back to The Battery Guys. Not answering emails and not accepting calls.
Ordered a battery on Sunday, paid for next business day delivery. By Wednesday I had phoned twice and emailed twice. Emails do not get any response. Over the week I have spoken to them on the phone 6 times and I still have not received a battery. Every single day I have had to enquire to try to track down my ‘next day delivery’ Yesterday they ‘shipped another one’ for next day delivery, but I have had no tracking code and big surprise, no battery has arrived. They have very kindly refunded my delivery charge, but this would be expected, since they have not met their contractual obligations. I’ve used them before and had reasonable service, but clearly something has changed. I’ve requested a refund, but of course that email has not been responded to. Unfortunately, I have been without a car all week and they have lost a customer. This has been a very poor experience.
Hello - I have ordered several car batteries from the Battery guys over a few years and most have been good value - however my latest order for a more powerful battery for a 2007 BMW Z4 resulted in completely incorrect battery being delivered that was unsuitable and would not fit the battery container without major rework - this was not mentioned when the battery was ordered - I await a reply to resolve this major issue " Come on Guys get things sorted I need the right battery not one for a truck"
Hi Paul, I believe this has been resolved for you, please can you revise the review to reflect on how the issue was resolved. Thanks.
Battery didn't arrive - had to contact The Battery Guys to be told that their suppliers didn't have the item in stock but hadn't informed them - had to go elsewhere, Their competetors delivered following day.
Waiting 3 days for 16 Feb delivery NO TRACKING DETAILS PROVIDED FOR #16050
Price is great for a battery but like everyone who needs a new one you want it next day.I would use another company as mine took a week and when I phoned them they couldn’t care as they had my money.Please if in need of battery go elsewhere.
Hi Colin, I am sorry that the order was delayed in getting to you. The reason for this was the adverse weather conditions that hit the UK. As well as the delivery network, we were also affected as our servers are located in the North East and they lost power for a couple of days. this stopped us from seeing any orders and being able to contact our customers to inform them.
Terrible customer service, they send me 2 batteries by their logistics mistake. Then I had to pay the return from my pocket and end up the battery lost on couriers... So I lost the money and the battery plus send the battery twice posting it at my cost. A total disaster and really expensive, I suggest to avoid this company at all cost or be prepare to have a nightmare with calls and emails...
Hi Gerard, Our system is fully automated and it shows that 2 orders were placed on separate days, the first on the 7th April at 15:30 and then again on 8th of April at 14:28. If the orders had been placed on the same day it would have flagged up to us and we would have been in contact prior to sending the batteries out. I am truly sorry that the currier you used lost the parcel you was returning to us.
Stay clear of this company there battery’s are rubbish! After the 1st week the battery went flat! This happened several times took it to Parker’s they did a battery check, battery life 22% only had it over 2 months please don’t buy from the company!
Hi, I am sorry you had issues with the battery you purchased, sometimes this can happen despite our efforts to ensure we only supply products that are of the highest quality. I hope that all has been resolved for you.
Your returns policy for an incorrect battery (recommended by your website) is poor. Others accept responsibility, you don't. Communication, it took several attempt to talk to someone.
Hi Lawrence, I am sorry you did not have the best experience in dealing with us. Our registration lookup is not always 100% accurate (Neither is anyone else). For this reason we put a notification banner on the webpage that asks our customers to check the sizes and Terminal layout before they purchase the battery. The information we get is from the manufacturer of the vehicle and is correct to the best of our knowledge but does vary depending on what country the vehicle was manufactured in.
I ordered the correct battery, according to their site. When it arrived, the poles were in the wrong position. The only way to exchange the battery was for me to stump up the cost of return. Not cheap when you dont have an account with a delivery firm.
you said its been dispatched but yodel dont have it.....
Acid leaking everywhere and the battery recommended didn't fit. Used the car registration tool on the website to find a suitable battery as I wasn't confident in my ability to measure accurately, plus, these guys were I assumed the experts - purchased the battery the website suggested. The battery arrived promptly but the box appeared wet inside - the liquid inside the box turned out to be leaking battery acid. Emailed customer service with photos but never received a reply. Phoned them and was told a new battery has been dispatched. 2nd battery arrived but was both too long and too high for the car so have to return it at my own cost. Pro's - prompt dispatch + good prices Cons - zero responses to email if things go wrong. Don't use the battery recommendation tool. All batteries recommended for my car were both too long and too tall to fit. You'd better be confident when you measure your car battery as returns are going to cost you.
Delivery promised next working day Yodel say not received item Delivery date not known
Ordered battery on 10th March with guaranteed next day delivery. It is now the 14th March and still not received the item called them on Friday 12th to find out what was happening they said they would call back again still waiting . Poor
Very disappointed as the battery recommended after providing my registration did not fit the car. I also paid extra for next working day delivery but it took 2 days to get here and when it did arrive it was leaking. Advised by The Battery Guys to send it back at my own cost so that they can consider a refund despite being told it was leaking and suggesting we could send a photo as proof and dispose of here. Still waiting for a refund 5 days later! Not happy :0(
The Battery Guys is rated 4.6 based on 1,481 reviews