Tesco Kitchens Reviews

1PM
1PM

amy@marktwo.co.uk

Tell us how Tesco Kitchens made you happy

"Paid over £10k for my kitchen and 1 week after the cooker set fire to the draws and the built in washing machine fell out. Should of come with 25 year warranty but TESCO say I didn't buy it off them despit all paper work saying Tesco all over it. STAY WELL CLEAR."
Are you Tesco Kitchens? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Just been talking with a person who was selling Tesco Kitchens and he said that Mark Two closed down all their websites and emails and told all their staff they were no longer required. This must have been a bitter blow to "Hoppy" who on his retirement said he was leaving his business in the safe hands of Richard Lee - who according to reports had managed & closed down MKD (Moben. Kitchens Direct & Dolphin). Mark Two had no experience of selling or dealing with the general public and so it would appear were persuaded to embark on a venture which eventually ended in failure. I am told they appointed people on the advice of people who had failed in other ventures but Mark Two having lost other valuable contracts must have been grasping at straws and as we know - a house built of straw does not last. However seeing rooms full of employees all keeping busy must have looked very impressive to the untrained eye, but in reality they were mainly youngsters on a minimum wage. So who will take the blame for this farce ? Those at the top who were blinded by the promisses of riches ? Or those individuals who went to Mark Two and built their empire and have left a trail of destruction with people out of pocket, out of a job and customers without a kitchen. I would suggest that if you are looking at dealing with a company in the future, make sure they do not have anyone working at the top who had anything to do with Moben, Kitchens Direct, Dolphin or Mark Two (Tesco Kitchens) or you might have a problem."
"Had Tescos out just before they plugged the plug. They were £3000 more expensive than Mastercraft Kitchens for less work, which is why I didn't sign up with them. Just had mine installed by Mastercraft and very pleased with eveything. I feel sorry for all those other people that signed with Tesco. I'm glad I realised in time that Tesco's is a grocers, they are not tradesmen, nor should they pretend to be and they should never have gone into fitted kitchens in the first place."
"After working in the kitchen industry since 1995, I have seen many kitchen retailers come and go. When I saw that Tesco was going to start a kitchen and bathroom arm to their business, it filled me with worry. They employed a "direct sales team" approach with so called kitchen designers carrying out surveys in people's homes with little experience. What should take an hour frequently ran in to triple or more. With minimal experience in that sector alongside Mark Two who lost several large contracts prior to joining with Tesco. This on its own should have ring alarm bells from the start. If you are spending a substantial amount of hard earned money on one of the most important rooms in your home, why on earth would you go to a supermarket and not a kitchen specialist? Where you can get expert advice, from people who do this as a job everyday. The promise of a big company backing and ridiculous discounts and offers are too tempting sometimes. Even if the product has and will never be sold at its full price in the first place. I feel sorry for the people who end up with half a job or out of pocket."
"Absolutely abysmal. Parts of the Kitchen needs to be refitted. Cupboard door corners attached to cupboard not doors so have difficulty accessing rear. Extra work offered by fitters through planner. Absolutely appauling, this fitter definitely has no real skill. My husband has had to repair and finish cowboy work. Fitter won't even answer phone to come back and complete the extra work, and i wouldnt want them across my door again. Only wish I had not been to busy and read reviews. Im not surprised they are sinking they deserve to be."
"So glad I didn't have the tescos kitchen & the reason is I was told the man planning it would only be here one hour & 3 & a half hours he was still here & he quoted £9,000 I've had the kitchen that I wanted for (£1.900 with howdens & so pleased with it & them."
"Terrible company, don't have anything to do with them , they will be going into receivership any day now!!!"
"Yes, really nice kitchen fitted two weeks a go. Fitter did a good job, worked hard, and talking me though it when I asked questions. Your right, Mark Two's service is abysmal, even a service coordinator told me didn't read all her emails!! I do have a couple minor issues I've asked about but not holding breath yet. Wonder what happened to Mark One?"
"Really Good kitchen in the end - service is abysmal"
"I have had my kitchen taken out 12 weeks ago. First fitter was incompetent and messed up . It was agree it had to come out and be redone. Today 2 workman arrive start taking it out empty all my stuff onto the living room floor and left it. Walked out. I have multiple sclerosis and 3 children youngest is 3. This is so dangerous. I have a hippo bag dumped on the pavement outside my house full of my old kitchen and no one is going to collect. Take responsibility. Just spent £50 to eat out this evening. This stress is appalling."
"Tesco have now decided if they are to carry on using Mark Two kitchens, I have problems with worktops, oven, dishwasher that were all installed 18 months ago and am being told by Mark Two they do not know what is happening. Tesco need to let their loyal customers know how they are going to put right the many faults on customer kitchens quickly. I will not be shopping with tesco until this is resolved."
"My review has nothing to do with the kitchen we had fitted but for the lies and deceit we received. We decided to go with Tesco kitchens as we were enticed by the offer which was a free dishwasher and 20,000 club card points! We haven't got room for a dishwasher, so the rep took the price of the dishwasher off our kitchen (which was good). Before we agreed to the sale of the kitchen I asked again if we would still get the 20,000 club card points to which the rep replied yes definitely! Then about 6 weeks after our kitchen had been fitted we received the club card vouchers through the post which to our disappointment was only for £20 NOT £200 like they had told us. We phoned many times to try and sort this out which we were told we are now not entitled to it. I don't think this is fair, we were lied to just so the rep could get a sale! I'm a regular Tesco shopper but wont be going there anymore."
"Got a quote from tesco kitchens and emailed re slight changes - no responses. Phoned head office of mark two to ask and found salesman had left company. Nobody thought of looking at his emails or his quotes. Was told new salesperson would be in contact - still not heard - so will I be giving tesco my business - I don't think so! Service is shocking."
"Having had good collated a couple of quotations from local builders for our kitchen we decided to check out Tesco's as well as we regularly shop there and were attracted by their current promotion. Needless to say the sales lady turned up, almost on time, but only spent an hour at the house to design kitchen, but spent most of the time complaining about an sore toe she had. Before she left she promised to have us the plans sent out within 3/4 days. It is now over two weeks later and still not heard anything back. Well if this is how I did my job I would now be unemployed. I will not be purchasing my kitchen from Tesco and would strongly recommend anyone else to avoid their bathroom/kitchens at all cost. Save yourself some time and get one from somewhere else, anywhere else!"
"Do not buy kitchen from tesco. Tesco is not fitting your kitchen. It's mark two. If some thing goes wrong you have no where to go and make a complain. Tesco is not takeing any action. I did big mistake. You don't do it."
"started badly by designer failing to turn up and blaming his manager, his manager knew nothing about alleged meeting they were supposedly in!! other designer arranged to come, he finished design of kitchen at 11pm. 4 hours after arrival, told somebody would call between 11-12 saturday ...finally rang monday at 2pm. would not recommend this company been a complete farce from start to finish."
"We had the worse five weeks of out live having a Tesco Kitchen fitted. Poor workmanship and organisation. They started fitting our Kitchen 22nd April and we still don't have a cooker that's works, we are still waiting for the extractor fan to be fixed and a door to be replaced. Avoid Tesco/Mark two."
"Warning !!! Don't bother !!!! Having read many positive reviews we decided to purchase a Tesco kitchen. Booked an appointment for the Rep/Fitter to come to measure and plan. He arrived two hours late (stuck on a previous job - then stuck in traffic) !! When he did eventually turn up he spent the first ten minutes singing his own praises, telling us how he had been head hunted and how good he is and how much experience he has in the field. He then spent one and a half hours planning the kitchen, then took plans away with the promise "I will contact you by the middle of next week when I will have produced the plans". Er, hello, did he contact you ?? Because nine days after initial visit - we are still waiting to hear from him !! To be honest - can't be bothered with the stress that will no doubt follow if we have a Tesco kitchen (let's face it if they can't even arrive on time and don't bother to get back to you when they are selling something it doesn't exactly instill you with confidence that once they have your hard earned dosh they will be reliable. Take my advice - give them a miss and save yourself time and trouble !!!"
"We have had a problem with the end support panels of the base unit in the utility room having blown, but when we contacted Mark Two to report the problem, bearing in mind that the units are 1 year old only, the response we got from Mike Regan, After Sales Representative, having submitted photos of the problem at his request, we received the following curt response: "we have looked at these and your kitchen plan and the sink is directly above the end panels and based on this and the way they have come loose and swollen this is deemed to be water ingression , maybe from the sink above the unit . Unfortunately this would not be covered under the warranty". Surely this should have been considered at the time of fitting and a better product used, as these panels were always going to be directly above the sink. In addition, there is no leak from the sink either onto the floor or inside the base unit. I am very dissatisfied with this service and reponse, and outright dismissal without even inspecting the problem. We were led to believe, when we signed up for the kitchen, that all our units would be covered by a guarantee, but it seems that this is not the case. Very disappointing."
"Significant leak problems, very poor quality fittings, poor aftercare service. Bathroom installed in May 2013, took many months and visits to address leak; still not completed to my satisfaction. Shower ripped out and re-fitted two weeks ago. Still await delivery of correct shower attachment. This has been an absolute nightmare. Given the time again I would go nowhere near Mark Two."
Tesco Kitchens is rated 1.25 based on 44 reviews