Tesco Direct Reviews

3PM

Tell us how Tesco Direct made you happy

1 - 2 hours
Avg Email Response Time
"Went to fill up my car with petrol at barking tescos. Floor cover in at least a bucket of petrol slipped and slid to grasp petrol pump.. Then decided to advise attendant in store of oil spill from previous user. He took offence to being told sand was needed now on the forecourt.. Other staff stood and did nothing either. Went to main store and informed manager on duty. Described incident he walked over to petr station and he and the male attendant discussed how they did not like being to clear up an oil spillage and how rude I was... My husband was standing in the queue and listened to their conversation about me and had to put them right stating that this was serious as customers were slipping and sliding and getting back into vehicles with oil on their shoes. Disgusting disgusting.. Will shop elsewhere and tell all my famy and friends to stop buying from this store...despite my family having shopped with them for over 50 years.."
Are you Tesco Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Val at Peebles store is so helpful and always so cheery ... makes mundane shopping so much nicer ! 😄"
"Booked grocery delivery for Friday between 5-9pm. Got 3 texts pushing time back to 9.05,9.15 and 10.00. At 10.50 still no sign so rang customer services who said they had issues with drivers not turning up so I would not get delivery tonight but depot manager would ring in morning and reschedule delivery for Saturday morning. No call so I rang customer service and was told it has been logged that they tried to deliver 10 past midnight but I was out!! As I was out they put my shopping back on shelves and refunded my card BUT money would not actually go back into my card for 3-5 working days. I could reorder my shopping to be delivered Sunday BUT I would have to pay again. Fortunately I was able to get to local shop to get essentials and enough on my credit card to do this. Others may not be so lucky. Do they not realise some people arrange delivery because they are unable to get to shops. Or that people do not have the money in their account to pay for a weeks shop twice. Customer service team very polite and apologetic but unable to actually sort out the issue."
"Delivery drivers are always on time and really professional and friendly. I've tried 3-4 home delivery companies but find tesco's the best to use. This is the 9th time I've used them and perfect every time :)"
"Speedy service and good value for money. Lots of choice on the website."
"Full marks to abergele team leader Tracy and management for getting diabetic ice cream back in stock a very big thank you for excellent customer service and team work"
"Home delivery order was delivered and signed for ? But not to me ? Customer service just said get money back from bank ..!! Basically saying that I stole my own shopping which I paid for .."
"the customer are very friendly,the food is good quality and the price is just write for me."
"staff members are friendly and always kind"
"Me and My Granddaughter who is 9 We use our local Tesco Express and have done since it opened. The Staff members there are friendly and always kind and helpful. Always willing to give a helping hand when you need it. My Granddaughter wanted me to write - "If you want it, you get it, but you have to get here quick. It's worth it, So just get it!". Tesco just THE BEST. From the first day we started using Tesco, up to today, there has never been any problems and we always enjoy shopping there. One of our favorite things there are the Brownie Milk Drinks (Tesco's own) and the Pepperami sticks. Thank you Tesco for giving us such a brilliant shop!"
"I would like to especially thank Stewart Gorrie who is based at Customer Engagement Centre. Only three weeks ago sadly, my husband passed away. (He was a former employee of Tesco store and worked at the Haydock Merseyside branch. We had a Tesco Bonus clubcard (between us), and although registered in his name, I also had a link, enabling me to take advantage of lots of special offers. He also had a Tesco Credit card, and so after he died it was cancelled. When trying to access the Bonus Club card facility, I was unsuccessful, and telephoned Customer services. I spoke to a lady who expressed her condolences, but later said the points/ vouchers etc would be available in May -3 months away, and unfortunately, was not very helpful on this occasion. Previously, I did a web enquiry, and shortly afterwards, received a most delightful reply from Stewart Gorrie, who had sorted things. My new card/fobs arrived the day after his email. Also he mentioned a "Faster Voucher" option, and after 24 hours I was able to access my account, The points/vouchers transferred to my new account. Keep up the good work Stuart, and thank you for your kind words at this sad and difficult time. Once again, Many thanks."
"Excellent experience"
"Bought a 50" Sharp Smart Tv 6 months ago. Was watching a movie (tv working fine) then went to bed as usual. Got up next day, turned tv on and there was just white streaks covering most of the screen. Sound was fine. Phoned customer service and was advised to send photos of the issue, which I did. Customer rep says tech dept confirmed with the photos that tv wasn't damaged in ANY WAY and that it was a manufacturing fault. They were to pick tv up a few days later...noone showed up. I rang after another day and was told that no pickup had been scheduled by mistake, so it was rebooked for the next few days. Tv was picked up. Almost a week after, I get call saying that tv was water damaged on the surface when it arrived and that they weren't allowed to even examine TV due to the foreign liquid on it! I reminded them that I had sent photos proving no liquid damage, but they then said there was liquid damage INSIDE tv now...(which they had said they weren't allowed to examine!!), and that they wouldn't be fixing it under warranty. I was furious. They said they'd send it vaxj to me and I could pay £50 for a second opinion!! I told them to send it back...over 2 weeks later still no TV returned...I contacted them again only to be told that they haven't even bothered to sent it back out yet!! Currently still waiting! Have demanded an explanation into the whole shambles...still waiting for that too. The WORST customer service I've ever experienced!"
"Great service , efficient and delivery staff are always friendly and helpful. Always reccomend to friends and family"
"Waiting in all afternoon for my delivery which has still not arrived and now 3 hours late. Tesco call canter will not tell me if my shopping has gone onto a delivery van or where the delivery van is because 'the driver won't answer the phone'. This service is a joke, I'll never use Tesco online again"
"Awful and unprofessional. Bottle of prosecco with ticket priced at £5. Myself and another shopper bought as you would at this price to be told by the Manager of the Tesco Express store ," sorry someone has put it in the wrong place". I've been in the retail industry for over 30 year's plus and this service was abismile. Plus the law was being broken. I told the store manager this and she had no clue to what I was expressing. I walked out of the shop angered and frustrated with the total lack of knowledge and professionalism. I won't be shopping at Tesco's ever again. My complaint against the company has been lodged but they are yet to confirm that they will do anything as a goodwill gesture. Pathetic service and aftercare. Too much bonuses and benefits in my opinion. There's only one interest here and that's money. Greed and inconsistencies. Goodbye Tesco."
"Very disappointed . I am a simple teenager . I was not disturbing anyone or causing any problems . I wanted to purchase sweets and other stuff but was forcefully pushed out the store by a member of staff . I personally don't think it was necessary to kicked out . I was just simple getting my stuff and that was it . Very disappointed ! Do not assume every teenager is going to cause problems ."
"For the 3rd week in a row we have received bread rolls, fruit & loaf of bread that are out of date within 1 to 2 days."
"Good sevce on click and. Collect broadbridge heath"
"Hi i would like to congratulate Tesco, for hiring a fantastic manager in Linda Webb for someone who goes the extra mile to help a customer, who calls back which you don't get these days , whos direct and honest which is what a customer wants to hear, again brilliant service, thank you Tesco and Linda Webb Mahon Point cork."
Tesco Direct is rated 3.41 based on 1,577 reviews