Tesco Direct Reviews

Tesco Direct have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

65% of reviewers recommend Tesco Direct
8PM
8PM
Telephone

How would you rate Tesco Direct ?

"Categories jenny For companies jenny United Kingdom 3 Reviews 614 Reads 1 Useful Review of Tescodirect jenny 3 reviews We ordered two Earley sofa's and a foot stool from Tesco Direct earlier this year, it arrived late April delivered by people who told us "we haven't delivered sofa's before" the result the backs of both items damaged and one leg missing and a lot of stress and inconvenience. We contacted Tesco Direct immediately; they arranged for a replacement leg to be sent, asked for pictures of the damage and eventually compensated us as we couldn't face the stress of a refund or replacement! we really wish now we had opted for refund, within weeks the padding on the arms had started to slip and leave dips, it was very uncomfortable. We again contacted Tesco Direct to find they and the company who made the sofa's had gone out of business but they did agree to send a technician to inspect the damage and although it took some time to get him here he did make a thorough inspection, telling us that while it was not a design fault as such; it did need attention and he would recommend that a further rail be installed in each arm and the padding replaced. We heard nothing from Tesco for over two weeks, this was not a surprise since we have found that customer care at Tesco is a best spasmodic, with some customer care operatives being focused and pro active and others tossing customer queries like hot potatos! we eventually contacted them again to be told "no further action, it is not a design fault"! we have tried to explain that while it might not be a design fault it most certainly is a manufacturing fault since all four arms have deteriorated in the same way. Their only suggestion was that we contact the furniture ombudsman. Since the furniture is not suitable for the purpose intended and sinceTesco have been the ones to take our money we feel this is in direct conflict with our consumer rights. So; anyone who didn't get delivery and have had your money refunded, you have been very fortunate. Take this as a warning and spend you money anywhere but Tesco."
"If I could give no stars I would. Ordered a present over a month and a half ago and every week they keep telling me it’s on its way when I ring them. The last time I rang them they said it was still not dispatched"
"Friendly staff, always willing to help"
"Everything, lack of communication non return of phone calls etc etc"
"Thank goodness they are closing down. Have had a terrible experience and still not resolved. An absolute shambles"
"When I buy pre-bagged fruit or vegetables in Tesco, there is frequently an 'obligatory' bad one. I've seen a well stocked counter on many occasions with weighed bags of for instance potatoes and when I check each bag there is a potato that is badly blemished or in a state of decomposition. The same can be said for bagged apples, oranges, plums, tangerines, brussels sprouts etc. I prefer to buy loose fruit or veg but sometimes these are not available. Why should I pay for fresh food that is not 100% edible?"
"Appalling Customer Service"
"first of all i would like to say that i shop at tesco all the time and this is the first time something has been annoying/bad customer service. As i was trying to pack my shopping i asked the young lady if she could get my some more plastic 10p bags and she looked and then ignored me. i asked once more and she said "I'm sorry but there no more", she continued to scan my items and i knew she was getting frustrated that i wasn't packing away my things. she told me to go and get some as she couldn't be bothered, i looked behind her and there was bags behind herbs she "couldn't reach them". very annoying, very ignorant, should be fired if she can't get the small things such as a bag for her customers items."
"Good website leading to a brilliant furniture manufacturing company"
"Very cheerful and friendly staff, goo quality produce and competitive prices"
"Paid £25.00 for delivery, took day off work as chose date delivery didn't turn up no call no tx I contacted website delivery scheduled next day, 9.20am - 12.20am took another day off delivery turned up 2.45 poor service"
"good and friendly service, reasonable prices, specially on Tesco labeled. in one place you can do most of your daily shopping and having your car washed at the same time."
"is a supermarket, where price and quality go hand in hand. has home delivery service and is important."
"Just outstanding service"
"Convenient"
"They have been most helpful to me whether I’ve had food delivered online or at the store While I was very ill"
"Helpful staff"
"prices always increasing"
Jav
"Subsitute items when ordering online for food are always bigger or better"
"Good quality food at good prices"
Tesco Direct is rated 3.61 based on 835 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!