Tesco Reviews

57% of reviewers recommend Tesco

How would you rate Tesco?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

512 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Andrew

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Tesco in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Read the 4 customer services e mails I have sent since Christmas where on the day before Christmas Eve when my wife was giving birth in hospital you delivered a set of replacements that unfortunately my aged parents ( mid 80’s) accepted. Bread that had a sell by date on the 23,rd’ three replacement sweets all exactly the same, 1kg chocolate gateau x 3, turkey gravy replaced with beef, sour cream and chive dips with chilli hummus x 2 potato’s that we’re already rotting in the bag. I could go on, I have asked for you thoughts on if you this this is reasonable on 4 occasions and you have failed to respond once since Christmas Eve. Suffice to say Christmas Day for us was postponed until the 27th when we could get replacements"
"Why does Tesco Yate have the rudest staff? Checkout supervisor busy closing checkouts, with customers queueing 4 deep already. Snapping at stupid customers for trying to use closing checkout. How were we to know? Try putting a sign up or the barrier across! Having moved me away from one till she shouted (yes shouted) "not there, I've just told you that one's closing too" I politely suggested she hadn't only to have her yell "I know what I told you!" Fortunately she does also know where I live or I'd be really worried! Lots of embarrassed shuffling of customers. Something tells me she was having a bad day. But she certainly told me! Stopped going to this shop in the past over similar issues. Needless to say they won't be seeing me there again. 3.15pm 19.2.18 checkout 19"
David Relf
"Item delivered to nearest express store"
"I bought a Zanussi Vacuum cleaner from … I bought a Zanussi Vacuum cleaner from Hughes through Tesco.com, suction was good at first but after a month and was less than acceptable. Just after 3 months there was an electrical burning smell coming from it. I got in touch with Tesco, they passed the buck to Hughes, I got the cleaner repaired, tested it on return and was still faulty. I spoke to Citizens Advice and they said with me buying it from Tesco Direct with Partner Hughes that the Contract was with Tesco, I have been having blazing rows with them and they are denying that the contract s with them. This product is no use to me so i want a refund of my £47.99 Totally disgusted with Tesco and their lack of Customer service skills. A big company that doesn't give a damn about their customers. Staying well clear of them from now on. They have lost a loyal customer!!! More fool them!!!"
Joanne Chisholm
"Allways great service.Super delivery drivers and follow all instructions. And the saving on fuel for the car is a great bonus."
Jean Ann Fitzhugh
Unverified Reviewer
"Well why dos certain stores take stock off too soon my partner went today Valentine's Day to get me some gifts and quess what they had emtyied the shelves of all valentines goods and said its now going to be stocked for Mother's Day. How can a store emty shelves on the day in question so I ended up with no valentines gifts. Tesco in question is the store in greenfield do not rate it at all"
"My delivery was due between 9pm and 10pm tonight. Just after 9pm I got a text to say driver delayed, delivery now due between 9.55 and 10.25pm. It’s now 11.40 and no groceries have been delivered and no message to say when they will be delivered! Customer services is now closed and I’m wondering how long I have to wait up for my groceries? Terrible customer service!!!"
"The man who was doing reductions on bread,was not very approachable he looked down his nose at me and my husband because we were waiting for a bargain.phaps he wanted them all to his selve,haydock"
Ieuan And Tomos Rolls
Unverified Reviewer
"Asda is amazing! they have fresh meat and a lady called Chris. Yuk. 2wks ago i got a pear slice for free and Suki the manager came and sliced it for me"
"Slipped on some flem downstairs and i have severe brain damage and a craving for obesity. Dissapointed af"
"tesco makes me happy when they have on special deals . just watch the prices , they can be a bit confusing . buy four tins soup for + amount . in a blister pack .. when you look along the shelf .. it is cheaper to buy the four individual items .at a cheaper rate .. They always say that they are on your side .. BUT ARE WORTH THE WATCHING . B.w."
"Order number 133424062 not delivered today between a slot that was previous payed (20-21pm).Not even a call made so no consideration for the customer. Order was payed and not delivered and showing in my account that the order was delivered. What a fiasco!!!!"
"Unlike home deliveries from other supermarkets, Tesco always pick really fresh fruit, veg and meat. Always on time and always helpful."
"Tesco Blackburn. Don't expect to see any helpers at all on the shop floor. Had to go customer services where the lady had to leave the desk to find what I wanted. Tesco need to be more organised"
"I have been with Tesco mobile for many years now and have always found them to be very helpful. Exceptional service from Pretish at Beaumont Leys, Tesco, who spent a long time transferring videos and photos of my late father from my old phone to my new phone and making sure they were backed up on a memory stick. No big deal to a teenager but to a 52 year old who is not tech savvy, it meant the world. Sometimes, someone goes above and beyond their daily work duties that mean the world to someone. So thank you Pretish, this is one extremely happy customer."
"Haydock store sercurity man gossiping about a member of staff,not very professional and customers trying to get served"
Lorraine Gallacher
Unverified Reviewer
"Friendly staff and good prices Liz was most helpful"
"Tesco Bank Tesco AVOID ANY KINDS OF INSURANCE AT ALL COSTS! READ MY EXPERIENCE TO HELP YOURSELF!! I am crying and absolutely fuming whilst writing this so please bare with me. I had to go through the effort of making social media accounts just so I can warn other members of the public to NOT ever use them and I shall explain why. I will also post this on every platform possible so please share if you can. My car was stolen from my driveway recently and unfortunately, both my vehicle that was stolen and my house insurance is with Tesco bank. They have a CLAUSE within their fully comprehensive motor insurance that excludes the cover that if there had been theft via deception that is not covered. Basically meaning if your car gets stolen through someone pretending to be a buyer or acting on behalf of a pretend buyer, this isn't covered, however if the person had not pretended to be a buyer then your fine and covered? Seriously? IS it just me or is theft defined in the english dictionary as "the action or crime of stealing". If someone has stolen my vehicle and I have a full police report then why would they refuse to help me? Regardless of under what circumstance, THEFT IS THEFT. IF my car was STOLEN it was bloody stolen i don't care how it happened or what happened. WE ALL pay insurance for these exact kinds of reasons to feel safe and secure of any of any malicious activity, however we are blind to these sub clauses, which are by the way, HIDDEN on page fuckng 15. They claim that as it is theft via deception and not by something the lines of GBH or murder then it is not covered. So basically what they state in their policy is that if you get stabbed for your car they will help you and pay out the value of your car however if you don't get stabbed, well tough luck as they will refuse to help. I must add, car insurance for 4 people is not cheap however my whole family has motor insurance with them coming up to around £4000 ANNUALLY. We also have 4 credit cards with tesco, one being my business card, which has a monthly spending of AT LEAST £5000 PER MONTH as well as WEEKLY grocery shopping of £200. You would expect with that amount of money being paid to them alongside loyalty of over 10 years would mean something but no - it does not. I have been left stranded by Tesco BankTesco in this bad moment of time for my daily. It was an expensive car worth around £25,000 which we worked day and night to have. All which means nothing to such a GREEDY company like Tesco. Members of my family have not stopped crying for weeks and are falling into depression thinking go this situation and Tesco has done nothing at all to help us, instead they keep reiterating that hidden sub section in their policy which states that the kind of car theft is not covered. I might be old school and I might be stupid but theft is fcking theft i don't care what you or they have to say if something has been stolen and i am insured it should be covered not cheated out of. I will definitely be advising every single friend, family, colleague and also random people on the internet to NOT use tesco and to shame them publicly for their hidden tactics. I will now be looking to hire a solicitor and a barrister as i am definitely taking this matter up in court. I will not be fooled into thinking i am covered to find out they can play around with a few words and slap it back in my face. I will also be contacting NEWSPAPER AGENCIES so they can put light on this matter and I AM willing to pay up to a few grand for that so keep a lookout in your local newspapers. Even the police themselves advised me to take Tesco to court if need be as even they believe this clause is put there to cheat customers and does not help a single soul apart form the rich owners and shareholders who's pockets get fatter and fatter cheating innocents like me. I am also 100% sure by the way they delt with me i can not be the only one. Finally, I am going to be starting a campaign to get as many people as possible to cancel everything to do with Tesco Tesco Bank as nobody knows when their time will come. Do not make my mistake and wait till your in a bad sticky situation to realise you should have gone to another bank or company instead of TESCO Tesco Bank Tesco who could not care less about how depressed your family is becoming and how cheated a LOYAL customer feels. I really hope the ones in charge of these decisions go through something similar to realise what this does to hard working families. Thanks for reading and share all you like. I will not stop posting this message until it gets some lights. See you in court Tesco Bank Tesco"
"There customer service is non existent. I was shouted at and spoken to rudely because my bag would not stay upright on the self service counter, as I packed it. The woman was so rude and aggressive. I will not be going to Tesco again."
"My main complaint about Tesco at the moment is their offer of 10p per litre off petrol if you spend £60 or more in store. As a pensioner I spend well over £60 per week but not all at once. I think it is blatant discrimination to those who don't just go in once a week and bulk buy. We like to go regularly into the coffee shop and then do our shopping. Tesco needs to rethink its discount policies."
Tesco is rated 3.35 based on 512 reviews