Tesco Reviews

54% of reviewers recommend Tesco

How would you rate Tesco ?

"i was happy shopping online till today, picked groceries booked a slot and tried to pay, till it came to the cookies, i do not agree with the use of them. The placement forced me to shop else were. if you move the cookies i will shop come back"
"Seem to now have a policy of buying with shorter dates and then moving said rubbish onto their online customers. Sick of receiving goods which have a couple of days on resulting in me having to go shopping. What is the point in shopping online if I have then make a special journey to a supermarket afterwards to replace things? When you call their customer service they are like a programmed robot, and politeness which comes across in a sarcastic manner. They clearly couldn't care less when I told them I would shop elsewhere, or was annoyed. I just got the generic 'ok, SIR, that is your right to do so. Yes, Thankyou. Can't wait to read about them closing down to be honest. Wouldn't come as a surprise."
Susan Harrison
Unverified Reviewer
"I was not happy with them but finally the situation got resolved i have severe learning disabilities and normally i am impresssed with tesco so that is why i have put that many stars but i got stressed today because of a misunderstanding so tesco say i can not shop with them i do get my words out wrong and because of my condition i sometimes sound angry i am very sorry"
"My delivery driver was very helpful and smiley😃"
"I ordered a big delivery from Tesco on a Saturday at 3pm, when I returned after a week of half term vacation with nothing in my fridge. The delivery was due between 3-4pm when I got a call that my credit card was not going through. When I called them back after 5 minutes they said it was a mistake on their end and it had gone through already. They took no credit card details from me. Then I got a text from their driver that the delivery will be 20 minutes late and will arrive at 4.20pm. Till 5pm no one came. I called them a few times being put on hold for over ten minutes. Then a lady picks up and says she doesn’t know where my order is. She spoke to the store who couldn’t confirm anything till 7pm. They had charged my card but would tell me whether delivery would come or not. Being a family of 5 I told her that I would need to call a takeaway. She send me compensation for a e voucher of £15 for my next shop on Tesco. The delivery came much after 7pm. At 5.30pm being hungry I ordered a takeaway costing me £43.33 for 5 of us. Tesco customer care emailed me after 2 days that they wouldn’t refund me the take away I ordered. I had registered to 6 month plan to weeks ago costing £6.99 a month. I told them I am quite disappointed I had to pay for takeaway due to their fault and hence won’t be ordering with them anymore and hence won’t be using the delivery saver or e voucher. They said they would still charge me for full £6.99 of 4 week delivery charge even though I used 2 weeks out of it, won’t refund takeaway cost and the voucher they gave would only be available online shopping. Offcourse as they cancelled my delivery saver 2 weeks prior and charged me for 4 weeks giving me an e voucher was senseless. And why would I order on such a horrible service again??? Ridiculous. Zero rating and I am thinking of writing to consumer courts"
"The driver was running late. I got a text to say so. When he arrived he was sincerely apologetic. He carried the shopping in kitchen and helped me unpack gave amazing customer service on leaving again apologetic"
"Pleasant staff very helpful."
"Avoid Avoid and Avoid! I ordered a delivery for the next morning between 7 and 8am and it never turned up. I have a 3 year old who was expecting her breakfast. I called the store over 3 times and all i got were different call centers. They had me on hold for hours because the stores line was apparently busy. After finally getting through to them they reported back telling me that they attempted to knock at my door and call my phone. I had not receieved any phone call or a knock at thr door and if i so happened to of not heard them knock then atleast leave a note behind except nothing was left behind . At 12.35pm they then said they cannot deliber until tomorrow. I asked for a refund i had to wait a further 20 mins for this and they said i would get the refund in 3 -5 working days. As a single mum and a student i was very upset to hear this as i had no money left to do some emergency shopping and my daughter hasnt yet had her breakfast. You dont actually ever get to communicate with the store only call centers in scotland so these people have not a care in the world they just pretend to care , but really they are nothing to do with tescos and they are just recieving all of the complaints for them. This is now the worst company i have ever dealt with . Be sure i will never order from tescos again. Up till now no email , text or note to apologise or organise another delivery or even what will happen next with my money. Absolutely nothing i am just outraged at the lack of communication. This company should not be allowed to take peoples money before the delivery."
Theresa Smyth
Unverified Reviewer
"Great customer Service My Compliments are for the staff at yardley B25 The staff always help to the highest of standards, amazing staff , particularly Lorraine and the Pharmacist on Duty the day I visited , 30th May 2018. Excellent Service by wonderful Staff."
"Our Colchester Hythe store is usually very well-stocked, and I always go there for my fish. Plenty of blue-badge parking, and I have had only one disappointing purchase - and that wasn't the fish!"
"Argosy Harp CSC paisley rd west Glasgow would like to thank Andy manager at Tesco filling station Paisley Road West for his very kind donation to our fund raising night we are very grateful for you're contribution"
"Your clowne store chesterfield. Visited yesterday first time half of the shelves empty. Only one sushi left no size 18s in most of womens clothing as sold out. A very poor standard wont go back to this store shelves should be well stocked midday. However newquay tesco express would have got 5 stars."
"Tesco small disposable BBQ Tray, AVOID!! Ended up using the oven. AVOID this product what a shambles!"
"Found a condom in the curly Kale. After chasing the complaint for several weeks I was told the supplier report was that it wasn’t added during manufacturing process. Angered I asked to have dna tests to prove it wasn’t us and that it had indeed been added prior to purchase. I was told they would answer after the weekend but then they just destroyed the evidence so we could no longer prove our innocence. A shameful cover up by Tesco and their supplier and a shameful disregard for customers health and safety in food products. Disgusting."
"I'm fed up of the poor quality of their finest steaks range. Unless they are a fillet steak (which are great btw) the last 5 or 6 times I've bought anything other than fillet from the finest range all ive got is fatty, tough and inedible pieces of meat. Nothing to do with how I prepare it either. And you wonder why your company is dying a slow death? First you start compromising on customer service, now the quality of your food.....sort it out Tesco."
"Never thought I'd see the day that tesco would no longer have my custom! To say I'm utterly disappointment and disgusted would be an understatement. A tesco delivery driver attended my address before my booked time slot and because I was not at home he was rude to me on the phone, barking at me to "hurry up!". When I got home he threw the boxes down at my door, before I started unloading them, I simply stated that he should not speak to a customer in that manner. To that he responded by taking back my groceries throwing them back in his van and driving off but not before coming back on my doorstep to tell me I am wrong and what am I going to do about it. After immediately making a complaint with Tesco customer service, they dealt with the situation by invalidating a £5 gift voucher they previously offered me, cancelling my groceries order completely without notifying me when they initially said they would reattempt delivery that day and making no contact with me even though 5 different agents kept telling me a manager would be in touch. I never received my groceries and was told to rebook for another day and pay again! Only after a week and emailing the CEO's office was I offered an apology and a £15 e-voucher. Sadly in this case, from the evil little sorry excuse of a delivery man with a bruised ego to the customer service team to the management, Tesco's motto was VERY LITTLE HELPS!"
"First ever delivery. Tried you bread had 2 days life. Won't be coming back"
"A recent visit to the Tesco Cafe at Salisbury 2 Extra on 9 April at 10.30 very disappointing. Eight units for cakes etc. only three had stock - one had a Madeira type cake slices, another one scone and the other four croissants which did not appear fresh of the day - I purchased one! The young man serving seemed totally disinterested in his job, tables were uncleared from used crockery (the store or cafe was not busy). Finally having counted four members of staff in that area the young lady in the kitchen area could be seen through the window area of the kitchen flat handed wiping across the nostrils of her nose! Value for money - No, well managed - No, would I visit again - probably not."
"I had a delivery and items were out of date by 4 days. I spoke to a man called Chris who was very helpful and tried to resolve the problem but I got a call from manger of store it came from who practically called me a liar was so aggressive in his response to what I was saying ; because of this situation I will no longer order my food from Tesco seems to me the mangers don’t value the customers I phoned to make them aware this had happened and stated I have been a loyal customer for 40 years but this has now shown me it not good to be loyal bye bye tesco many more stores that treat customers better your loss !,,,"
"Ordered a wine cooler fridge should have been delivered Saturday didn't turn up then should have been delivered Monday didn't turn up then told order had gone missing had paid a kitchen fitter £270 tescos would only compensate us £15 and had to wait for a week for fridge to be redelivered would not recommend them at all we are really out of pocket would not recommend you use them will never use them again"
Tesco is rated 3.27 based on 572 reviews