Tesco Reviews

54% of reviewers recommend Tesco

How would you rate Tesco?

556 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
First ever delivery. Tried you bread had 2 days life. Won't be coming back

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Tesco in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"First ever delivery. Tried you bread had 2 days life. Won't be coming back"
"A recent visit to the Tesco Cafe at Salisbury 2 Extra on 9 April at 10.30 very disappointing. Eight units for cakes etc. only three had stock - one had a Madeira type cake slices, another one scone and the other four croissants which did not appear fresh of the day - I purchased one! The young man serving seemed totally disinterested in his job, tables were uncleared from used crockery (the store or cafe was not busy). Finally having counted four members of staff in that area the young lady in the kitchen area could be seen through the window area of the kitchen flat handed wiping across the nostrils of her nose! Value for money - No, well managed - No, would I visit again - probably not."
"I had a delivery and items were out of date by 4 days. I spoke to a man called Chris who was very helpful and tried to resolve the problem but I got a call from manger of store it came from who practically called me a liar was so aggressive in his response to what I was saying ; because of this situation I will no longer order my food from Tesco seems to me the mangers don’t value the customers I phoned to make them aware this had happened and stated I have been a loyal customer for 40 years but this has now shown me it not good to be loyal bye bye tesco many more stores that treat customers better your loss !,,,"
"Ordered a wine cooler fridge should have been delivered Saturday didn't turn up then should have been delivered Monday didn't turn up then told order had gone missing had paid a kitchen fitter £270 tescos would only compensate us £15 and had to wait for a week for fridge to be redelivered would not recommend them at all we are really out of pocket would not recommend you use them will never use them again"
Chris Edwards
Unverified Reviewer
"Four promised of delivery: not one adhered to. Tesco don't seem to realise that using inferior couriers reflects very badly on them. They apologise and apologise but no wine shows up. I clearly will not be buying wine from Tesco again and nor should anyone else until they have sorted themselves out."
"The pre packed aromatic duck is rubbish in comparison to Aldi . The duck was like plastic"
"I had reason to complain about a food product that I didn't like. I sent an email at 8pm on the Thursday before Good Friday. At 8.30pm, (said they closed at 8pm on website!), I had a phone call from Tesco Customer Services requesting more information about the product, bar code etc, offering me their apologies and offering me a £5 Tesco gift card. Can't get better customer service than that!!"
"A few days ago I was shopping at Tesco in Clitheroe, Lancs, and struggling with the pain from sciatica in my legs. When asked how I was by Yvonne Melville, for once I said that I was in pain. Both Yvonne and her colleague took over the management of my shopping, did everything for me, packed, and put my bags in the trolley. I'd like to say thank-you to both of thm, and to say how much I appreciated their help."
"They stock what I need and staff are very helpful always happy"
"So you order wine on line. You get quoted a price. However the wine goes up by 2 pounds per bottle between ordering and delivery and you aren't informed. I wont be using TESCO again"
Paddy Doherty
Unverified Reviewer
"because me and me mate paddy Doherty had a right laugh with one of the members of staff"
"Tesco, wishaw have recently introduced an automatic meat slicer at the deli counter, the assistants have no control of what comes out this monstrous machine.often the cold meat does not even come out in whole slices.Did it not occur to Tesco that some customers like meat at a thickness of their choice. I will not be using this counter again until the old method of the assistant cutting cold meat for me is back in place. Terrible idea !!!!"
"Tesco's Moto is "Every Little Helps......!!!". So. As a 80 year old pensioner. Why do I have to spend £70 in order to take advantage of discount vouchers Tesco send me.....??? Why cant Tesco give me a proportional discount for spending say £20...??? Otherwise I would call it discrimination against people who cannot afford to spend £70."
"Terrible customer service from Stacey at the NE5 Chapel House store. Can't be bothered to smile, say hello or goodbye."
"Your staff DO NOT say hello, good morning, good afternoon anymore. Its just do you want a bag. No manners. If people want a bag they will ask, not need to ram it down our throats. I always bring my own bag and even when your staff see me with my own bag they say "do you want a bag" give the bag sentence a rest now. WE ALL KNOW. Try teaching your staff some basic customer services questions now. No one has any manners anymore. Its just bag bag bag. The whole world is aware so STOP now."
Allan Geronimo1
Unverified Reviewer
"they are, by far and away, the best supermarket in Britain"
Emma Hickling
Unverified Reviewer
"Can not thank Tesco opticians at Burnley enough they have gone above & beyond making sure my husband receives his order Well done !"
"Tescos new customer service slogan is obviously over promise and under-deliver - if you ever even had the product in the first place - I use you because I have no choice not because you are any good. Fed up with promotions not being fulfilled latest being a coal delivery Homefire national price beater but it doesn't exist. Don't use unless you have to."
"Delivery cancelled last minute due to weather, which would have been fair if the snow had actually started! Took our money though! Was told it would be a week before the refund would reach us, they forgot! Yet another week goes by! We get an apology and a voucher. We told them to give the voucher to charity or food bank , they said they couldn’t and if we didn’t want it they would take it back! Not used Tesco since and will make a serious effort not to in the future!!!"
"Take your money, cancel your order and make you wait 5 days to get it back I would like to start with mentioning, if i could give no stars id be happier. I ordered an online grocery shop and the weather changed and roads became snow filled. I understandably expected a delay to my order but no.... a voicemail to tell me i wouldn't be getting my order today then at near 6pm on a sunday a text message to say : "We are extremely sorry to let you know we have had to cancel your order today due to severe weather conditions. Your refund will be processed immediately, Please allow 3 to 5 days for your card issuer to process this onto your account, although this is often sooner. To reschedule your order, go to past orders, add all of your items to a new basket and checkout as usual" Now fortunately, I was in a position to re order groceries however the sheer lack of regard for families who may not be in a position to re order is a joke. Then when I raise my concerns I recieve what can only be described as typically poor customer service from Tesco: Dear John, Thank you for contacting Tesco Home Shopping. I'm very sorry to hear about these issues you had with your last delivery, I understand this isn't ideal. We would always try to deliver shopping during bad weather as best we can but when we are receiving red and amber alerts, we feel this is when the driver lives become at risk and crashing is more likely to happen. I can fully understand your disappointment and frustrations and we would never do this to intentionally upset our customers. I am sorry this happened. Moving forward, providing the weather stays reasonable, we will be up and running again smoothly and always aim to provide the best service we can. We care about the service our customers receive, your feedback is important to help us improve our service in future and you are valued so again, I am sorry this has happened and I'm sorry you may be leaving us due to these issues. If there's anything else at all you wish to further discuss or that I can help you with, please let me know and I'll be able to assist. Kind regards Corey Shepherd Grocery Customer Service Tesco Customer Engagement Centre IDEAL??? what would have been ideal would have been informed immediately and they change their process of taking customers money before a service is completed. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR......USE ASDA, Sainsburys, LIDL, ALDI, Ocado, Waitrose even if it means walking through broken glass a a lemon foot bath following if it means avoiding these corporate fraudsters I hope this highlights TESCO and if you have similar experiences... Ensure you rate them Every little helps"
Tesco is rated 3.28 based on 556 reviews