The TEFL Org Reviews

of reviewers recommend The TEFL Org
Read The TEFL Org Reviews

About The TEFL Org:

Established in 2008, The TEFL Org is the UK's most experienced and accredited TEFL course provider offering classroom, online & combined TEFL courses.

info@tefl.org

The TEFL Org 5 star review on 24th May 2021
Bastian B
The TEFL Org 5 star review on 6th March 2021
Doaa B
I paid €139 to do a "40" hour course to Teach English online. Farce. 5 units. 2 of which are introductions then 3 units on creating Facebook and websites! It took me less than 4 hours to get to the end exercise. (There were only two) No examples etc. Very poor. I contacted CC to state I wasn't happy and wanted a refund. I received the same automated email each time until I left a bad review. To which I was told on this occasion my request was declined. I know my rights and will definitely be taking this sham further. Highly disgusted.
The course did not meet expectations. It did not take anywhere near twenty hours to complete and I felt it didn't teach anything in relation to or in preparation for the end exercise. Unfortunately I was disappointed and I feel it was a waste of my money.
I enrolled and paid for the course. Some weeks later received an email to say no payment received! I have the proof of payment but still no resolution - so it looks like I will not be attending the course in September!
I did not understand how to do a planning and feedback I got wasn't enough to help me.
Ambiguous information re online course
This company is a complete sham. They are robbers, scoundrels after your money. The course and material they provide are laughable. Moreover, most companies that hire people to teach English abroad provide training themselves, the paltry 20 hour courses on offer here are a scam designed to take your money. Avoid this company at all costs!
Very poor customer service. I would not recommend this company. Two questions within the first assigned course did not seem to have a correct answer leaving me very unsatisfied (you are able to return to a question and resubmit your answer during the 'feedback stage'). Some questions are very poor in the way they are written and are unclear of what is being asked. I have not finished the course, however, so far I would not recommend this particular course. I hope that it gets better...
Customer service is a joke. Also, if you plan on working on weekends, think again. This is the most disappointing fact to consider given that most of us who enroll have the weekends to get our courses done. Yeah, right. Website is extremely ineffective on weekends.
Sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties accessing your online course modules on weekends. I'll pass your feedback on to our IT team to investigate further. Regards, Alan, TEFL Advisor
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! Have contacted them over 5 times. They didn’t respond until I left a negative review about my situation. Finally someone got back to me but they haven’t done anything to help! Just sent me an email asking me for information. It’s been over a week and still nothing has been done. Wish I did more research before buying my TEFL course with them. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
When it snowed severely in Birmingham, I was unable to attend the second session of my 'in class training'. As it was on a Sunday, I left a voice message through chattering teeth when I called in to explain my situation as I trekked home as I'd been deboarded from the bus I was riding to the session. I'm sure my situation was apparent in the recording. I then tried to find out if I would be able to make up the class and I was told I had to pay an exorbitant £75 for the one day. I found this arbitrary fee appallingly exploitative of my situation given that I'd already paid and it would literally only require placing another seat in the next session (if indeed all of the places allocated to the session were sold out). Given that I've already got teaching experience and engaged well in the session that I did attend, I would think my presence would be a positive thing rather than a burden. I'm genuinely disappointed by my experience and now view TEFL.org quite cynically.
Bought a TEFL course for my sister for Christmas. Registered the course under my email address so I could surprise her. Customer service representative told me I could change the account to her email after. There is no option to do this after logging in. I’ve contacted customer service three times. No response.
Hello Mina, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to here that you have not received a response from our team. We aim to respond to all enquiries within two working days. One of our TEFL advisors will get in touch with you today. Regards, Alan, TEFL Advisor
I requested the online tefl course of 100 hours and the two classroom days in Chicago. Your organization refuses to give me them both at the $249 price, as they conveyed to me in chat. They said I clicked the wrong button and so I just got the online one. I am very frustrated. I was told I could get both at this price. I understand that the tefl online can certify a person, but it looks better to employers if you've had a little experience in a classroom setting. I logged into my account and it required that I sign a contract. I did not do this (as I did not receive what I purchase), so I am totally behind on my coursework. Because TEFL Org UK is being so weird about not giving me the weekend I (and the person who chatted with me online) intended, I'm almost afraid that this whole thing is a scam. I hope not.
Absolutely awful - most dry dull boring and uninspiring course I have ever done ! The online course work is badly written and out dated - but worse of all is the video unit in which the videos must be like 10 years old and you can't even hear what they are saying. Biggest waste of money I have ever spent - and killed my dream of working abroad - thanks TEFL - I would like my money back
from the time I enrolled I did not have any instruction and information that what I should do and who should contact. Also I neet more informtion about the attendence time on jan 2018 that what I need to do. Thanks
The structure, layout and the questions.
Online course full marks plus all info needed . When I went to the in class Weekend course at jurors inn Newcastle I was eager and full of energy to do as best as I could . I felt there was a class divide not from the students who were from all walks of life and different ages but I felt as if I was not welcome there by the tutor . We had a task of explaining what had happened at a party including getting drunk playing games eating to much I had made friends with a previous group of ladies beforehand and felt the course was relaxed and I had made a mistake of saying one of the girls in the group got drunk and wet herself (of course not acceptable to be going around different (any ) cultures to teach . I was pulled to the side by the course tutor and told my behaviour was unacceptable and she couldn't have me doing that although the full class had heard of her other half polish big bulls balls the word fuck repeatedly said and a few others maybe piss assholes wankers ( not the only one to notice ) I'm not unused to this language but obviously know you don't go around different cultures talking like this , I got the group of ladies together and apologised for any comments that I had said that may have came across as offensive . I was told it to be silly hugged and was told nothing was taken in an offensive manner . I perceived the tutor to be experienced and was helpful to others I maybe thought she had the implication I had no place in her classroom . Anything I said was ignored or shot down . Maybe she thought I would not put the effort in as much as others ... the course took me months to save and pay for , I'm sure not everyone was in the same boat . I felt let down disappointed and as if a working clsss man had no right to be there and left felling I gained nothing
I dont feel this course is teaching me anything, anyone can read a few paragraphs and then answer question aboit whay they have read bit as for actually teaching.me.how.to plan a lesson it does not achieve this in the slightest I.have no clue how to complete the assignments and when I don't.my tutor she pretty much just repeated the question to.me through email
It's very badly organised
I paid about £150 or more for the 80 hour course thinking I was getting a bargain. I'm rather disappointed with how simple the platform is. I don't know how they can justify charging this much! Today which annoyed me even more is finding out you can get a 150 hour course for £49 off groupon!
(Online) - Posted 5 years ago
Had to do course and pay far again
The TEFL Org is rated 4.5 based on 5,229 reviews