The TEFL Org Reviews

of reviewers recommend The TEFL Org
Read The TEFL Org Reviews

About The TEFL Org:

Established in 2008, The TEFL Org is the UK's most experienced and accredited TEFL course provider offering classroom, online & combined TEFL courses.

info@tefl.org

The TEFL Org 5 star review on 24th May 2021
Bastian B
The TEFL Org 5 star review on 6th March 2021
Doaa B
The whole thing isn't very captivating. I struggle to stay motivated and I've noticed errors in the system and I would appreciate a part refund.
Really sorry to hear that Chloe. Have you been in touch with our Customer Services team? You can reach them on info@tefl.org.uk
If I could leave these absolute shysters a 0 star review I would. After cancelling a course booking last week they have taken it upon themselves to withhold my refund without actually informing me of this fact until today, due to the fact that I cancelled within 14 days of the start date. However, the course was short notice and not even available on the website to book until exactly 14 days before the start date so by this logic I lost the right to cancel before I even paid for it, which at no point in the sales process was I ever made aware of. This is extremely underhanded and unfair, since short notice bookings such as this are not covered in the terms and conditions and I was not at any point made explicitly aware that by purchasing a short notice course I'd be forfeiting my right to a full refund. It's also unlawful seeing as consumer legislation states that I am legally entitled to a statutory cooling off period of up to 30 days. Still trying to get this sorted after a week and five separate (and increasingly frustrating) instances of speaking to a revolving cast of staff who don't follow through on their promises and appear utterly incapable of doing their jobs - as a result I have now requested escalation to a manager or other authority but have yet to receive an acknowledgement of my concerns never mind a reasonable and appropriate response to them so I am likely now being ignored. Complete joke. Take your money elsewhere and don't bother.
The course was not as outlined in the course description. I purchased the teaching English online course, however it wasn’t mentioned that you need to have completed a different TEFL course beforehand. Customer service was abysmal. The member of staff I spoke to was rude and eventually ignored my emails. Overall extremely disappointed and would not recommend. Still trying to get my money back.
I paid for a 140-hour online course. I couldn't complete it in 6 months, they didn't even send a reminder, but they declined my access to the course and required additional payment, £50 for one-month extension. When I asked for an extension due to the COVID pandemic and my job requirements, they demanded my PAYSLIPS: "a pay slip or letter of employment will be fine", to prove that I'd been a key worker during the pandemic. This is shocking. In my work, I don't even know my client's names to keep their privacy 100% confidential, and here, TEFL demands to see my payslips to let me finish an online language course I did pay for. TEFL kept my money and didn't allow me to complete the course.
I didn't get to finish my course as there was constant complications when signing in. I was constantly have to request for a password reset which was frustrating. Th organisation was less than empathetic and when the time frame ran out I was left nothing. I am very disappointed and feel let down by the organisation.
I am having a very bad experience. I cannot start my course as I cannot log in. I have emailed 5 times in the last week and no response
I'm very sorry to hear that Emma. One of my colleagues will be in touch this morning to help you get logged in. Kind regards, Alan, TEFL Adviser
Having trouble logging into my account, so I can’t rate the course.
Hi Julie, Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties logging in to your student account. Our IT Support Team (techsupport@tefl.org.uk) are always on hand to help if you have any tech issues. Kind regards, Alan, TEFL Adviser
Very disappointed, I didn't enjoy doing course. I did the 140 hrs tefl online before and found it great. This one the content is a bit vague especially when trying to answer some of the questions. Your customer service guys are great and the examiner was very helpful. Your website is rubbish, I got locked out twice before my dates of finishing whilst I was trying to submit my work. I was being asked for money for extension. With help from customer services they got me back on submitted my assignments and one got lost in the ethers. One was passed one was failed the failed on I had aparently submitted emply ....Connor Fullerton sent email to explain . He assumed I had not updated but as I had been moving work between your site and Drive I had updated several times. So where was the earlier version even if the final time I had not updated??????, I think it's your website. Anyway I had to buy an extension for 30pounds and resubmit my work, which was marked and passed quickly. I have just lost my job like millions of others and didn't need the stress or expense. I have gone elsewhere to do my online teaching as I could not put myself through that again Regards Elizabeth O'Sullivan.
Videos take ages and ages, and ages to load. That is, if they load at all, which they fail to do numerous times. Also every 2-3 videos when you click 'next module', instead of simply doing that you and taken back to the main menu where you have to re-enter the course. This combined with the videos is absolutely infuriating and made for an extremely frustrating, exhausting and negative learning experience.
Scammers!: Tefl.org makes it very convenient to pay the course fee, but after this everything breaks down. Every single one of my emails to them were ignore, I had to call them in the UK and got a couldn't-care-less kind of person on the phone, who did send me an electronic copy of my certificate. However no sign of the hard copy, the verification system does not work and....I'M STILL GETTING EMAILS SAYING MY COURSE IS INCOMPLETE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE PASSED THE COURSE (I'M REVIEWING IT RIGHT NOW HAHA). The course itself is pure joke it states the bleeding obvious about teaching young learners, nothing original AT ALL!! Also, there is NO WAY it takes 30 hours, you'll spend 6 hours maximum. To anyone at Tefl.org who is in a managerial position AND who care somewhat about customer service here is my advice: 1) Have a solid website: yours is too laggy, too slow, too many issues where work was not recorder. 2) Make sure the course does not state the bleeding obvious! 3) Have a customer service system in place, your current one is obviously on its last legs. 4) Send the bloody diploma to the student! This is the least you can do after the course has been paid for and has been completed. In a nutshell, stop acting like lazy incompetent Brits and improve everything on every level!!!!!!
I purchased the course on how to set up as an online teacher and market yourself. This was advertised as a 20-hour course. It was purchased at a 40% discount, and at £62 I thought it was still quite expensive, but I hoped I would gain some real insight into how to do what it says in the title of the course. I finished EVERY PART OF BOTH MODULES in around an hour, leaving only an assignment to complete (which I have not done). The information in the course was general, basic stuff you could find out on Google, which I had already done, but purchased this course in the hope that it would go a little deeper. I emailed the company asking for a refund, and explained the reasons why, and was told this was not possible as I had already started the course. When I asked for an official complaint to be raised, I was told 'We are sorry to hear about this but there really is nothing I can do'. This is blatant false advertising and just a way to make easy money from unsuspecting teachers who are trying to make an HONEST living. If you are considering using this company for any add-on courses, PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!
I signed up for the 120 TEFL certificate course. I made an error and thought thr first module was the entire course, so when I completed it and got my "Congratulations" email, I thought I was done. It wasn't until 2 weeks before the 6 mo expiration date that I got an email asking if I wanted to purchase an extension. That's when I found out i had only completed 1/5th of the course. My fault, albeit not a great website setup. So I purchased a 30 day extension and used my 2 week vacation to dive into the course. I finished the second module before my original expiration date. I went to start the 3rd module and was told I needed to purchase another extension! Apparently, extensions are purchased on each module, not on the entire course. The company refused to transfer the completely unused extension to the 3rd module, and when I asked to talk to a supervisor about a refund I received no response. Now that I've started with a new company, I'll add that the course content on tefl.org is low quality, LOTS of 30 min+videos teaching adult multi-lingual groups...which doesn't apply to a lot of teaching scenarios. I highly recommend not using tefl.org.
It does actually take 120 hours online plus 2 days in person if you book that option - there is no way of speeding up the process and if you want to cancel you won't get any money back at all, so if you're not sure if you'll have enough time to complete this give it a miss. Slow and boring course to get through so you need to be pretty keen to complete it. Nothing like the teacher training I did previously at all.
Be careful. Courses are always on offer, so you can get a good deal. However the costs of extensions has gone up. Since many people who take TEFL courses have time constraints, pricey extensions are a good way of making up the difference. I have completed several TEFL courses and always passed with flying colours, until the very last assignment on the last course I did. Although I completed the course within the deadline, the result was given after the course expired. I now have to pay £30 to read my feedback. To make matters worse, when I tried to email my tutor to find out what went wrong. My email was blocked! I thought that we would always be able to keep in touch with our tutors. I am now feeling like a TEFL pariah! This is appalling service and I am both surprised and shocked. Initially the service I received from TEFL.org was very good, but something has changed. I will not be using TEFL.org again and will certainly not recommend it.
I informed the company unfortunately I was seriously unwell, its unpredictable when il be well. I was told to come along sick, even though I pre warned that it's extremely likely they will call a ambulance & disrupt a class of paying learners. Fergus said no problem, see you there...
I attended the first day of the weekend classroom course last Saturday. It is intended to start you off on your studies. I was hoping the instructor would encourage and inspire me at this early stage. Instead, during my very first class scenario/presentation on the first afternoon, the tutor humiliated, embarrassed and total destroyed my confidence by continually interrupting me to criticise. A good assessor would let the student do their thing and then offer advice and comments afterwards - especially on their very first attempt. I don't think it's professional or excusable to humiliate your students and bully them to the point that they don't wish to continue with the their studies with the company. No surprises in that once they have your money you're not going to get it back. They offered me a free speciality course as an apology, but the tutor has made me feel so s**t about myself I don't feel I want to continue with any of it. I really wish I never had anything to do with this company.
I was very disappointed with the content and the inappropriate support. As a CELTA certified teacher of 6 years. I was shocked by the inadequate feedback for my lesson plan. Clearly the tutor did not read it and probably assumed I was a beginner who failed me on aspects that are not covered in the course, which I've found outrageous. I was hoping the course would actually show how o translate in class lessons into the online context, but the course only describes how o set oneself up as an online teacher freelance by listing ideas which can be found free on teachers' blogs and YouTube. The;website did not describe the course accurately. And I as a 'student' was failed specifically on what I wanted to learn from the course and wasn't taught but still tested on ??!!.
Hello Astrid, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our 40-hour Teaching English Online Course. The first part of the course teaches you how to teach English online, whilst the second part highlights how to set up and promote your lessons online. As this is an advanced course, a TEFL qualification or previous EFL teaching experience is a pre-requisite. Your tutor has provided clear and thorough feedback on your first assignment. Tutor support is available throughout the course. You can contact your online tutor prior to submitting an assignment if you have any doubts or queries. Kind regards, Alan, TEFL Advisor
I'm really disgusted by the way TEFL treats it's customers, there's no reminder at all about completing the course until 2 weeks before the due and meanwhile they've sent me copious amounts of emails about new courses that were irrelevant/redundant. On calling to ask for an extension before I knew they had to be bought, there was no sympathy for a change in circumstances. There's no excuse for a lack of being transparent with customer service if the true focus is education and not purely profiteering.
Hallo i am so dissappointed. do not know if i will get a cirtificate on the work i did complete. the wordcount on my side was correct 3 times i counted it manually and re-typed it and resend it. i cant tell you how negative after having a very positive learning experience with tefl org . i already warned my friends and another company that do ecd training about TEFL . I did unfortunately already bought another course with TEFL ORG and is NOT looking forward to continue or to even start with it. your feedback will be very very very much be appreciated.
A poor course with poorer service. Lots of flashy code offers at any given point in the year to entice people into buying, after 2 weeks you are stuck with your course and refused access to anyone at higher management to talk to. No refunds, no transfers, nothing. Despite all mental health and circumstance, I was only offered an extension, which I had made clear to them multiple times that was useless to me.
The TEFL Org is rated 4.5 based on 5,227 reviews