The TEFL Org Reviews

of reviewers recommend The TEFL Org
Read The TEFL Org Reviews

About The TEFL Org:

Established in 2008, The TEFL Org is the UK's most experienced and accredited TEFL course provider offering classroom, online & combined TEFL courses.

info@tefl.org

The TEFL Org 5 star review on 24th May 2021
Bastian B
The TEFL Org 5 star review on 6th March 2021
Doaa B
Hello Alan, I was fine with the Grammar module, but on my second module: methodology I find there is not enough depth in the teachings to understand new concepts. Like for the PPP quiz I find myself searching on the internet for other resources to be able to understand better this new concept. So no, I am not very satisfied with the course.
Hi Alan, I believe there needs to be access to the tutors when students struggle. Recently, I struggled with an assignment twice and although I am getting support I feel it is not enough. I’m also using the forum to understand other students view and feel they are also struggling
I had trouble with the booking online to start with but the gentleman on the phone was very helpful and efficient. On receiving communication of the courses being cancelled, mine included, I asked information. I explained that I can not reschedule or take online lessons. It seems because of this I have been forgotten about. After numerous attempts at phoning but to no avail. I do understand that it may be a busy period but I would like to know what happens next. The 2 stars are for the kind gentleman that initially booked the course.
Not very good. Tedious videos, pointless quizzes, lazy feedback on assignments. Heavy focus on one particular structure for teaching a class, little to no focus on getting to know students or fostering engagement. In the video examples the teachers are condescending to the adult students. They act as though they are teaching children. Also, I don’t want to see ads offering 50% off the course I paid full price for, while I’m in the course! Outdated content, there should be an online teaching module rather than telephone teaching.
The course itself was good - well laid-out and informative. But trying to get the certificate has been a nightmare. I get the feeling that the person I've been in communcation with is just saying anything he can to get rid of me, without having to actually send out the certificate. "It's already been sent out." "I'll send it off tomorrow." Don't believe it!
I think the online teaching course I did was put together before teaching online became a neccesity as it is now. I learnt nothing about the practicalities of teaching online. I expected tutorials on how to effectively use platforms such as Zoom, how to teach large classes online, and demonstration classes would have been very useful. I do not even remember what topics the course covered such was its irrelevance to what I actually am trying to do with regards to teaching. I see that you know have what seems to be an upgraded course for online teaching that does claim to cover some of the points I mentioned above. I do not mean to be too critical, and as I said, I believe this was put together before all the bells and whistles of online teaching were seriously consodered. What would really impress me from you, would be a free invite to attend this new course so that I may actually learn something. Any chance?
Disappointing course on the whole. I expected the opportunity to be able to interact directly online with either a tutor or prospective student in a real online class situation. I think this is something you should consider for the future. A lot of the technical information is available out there via google and part of the course tends to state the obvious.
Hello Steve, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your course, it's our aim to deliver the best in online TEFL training. We do offer courses that include live online interaction with your tutor and fellow TEFL Org students. These sessions - delivered through Zoom - are included in all of our virtual classroom and combined courses, as well as our Online Teaching Practice course. Kind regards, Alan, TEFL Adviser
I have been taking the classes for a while. the fact that you are only exposed to one class and level of English is a mammoth oversight. I would not recommend the course to anyone
A few years ago I completed the 120 hour online course and was very happy with this - I would have given a rating of at least "good". However, I was rather disappointed in the 20-hour course about teaching English online. It seemed like pieces of information quickly cobbled together and the only difference between reading information and doing the course was the odd quiz with really obvious answers. It felt rather disjointed. I would have liked to see some sample video lessons to guide me as the course progressed.
I had taken a 120 hr course last year and was very happy to complete it, and please with the course content. there was a mail delivery problem with my certificate and when I requested a resend, I was told I would have to pay a fee. Very disappointing as the paper certificate is very important. This year I decided to take advantage of a sale and purchased a 20 and 30 hr course. I did not know I had to start them simultaneously. I was notified by email of the due date of my 20 hr. course, but not my 30 hr. course, so the latter lapsed. I was told (rather condescendingly) I would have to pay an extension fee that was nearly 50 per cent of the sale price! And no discount was offered. I was very disappointed with the program by this point and have not finished the course. I am looking to other options. I feel I was duped and as a returning student was greatly off put by these policies.
You want my opinion, right? In short, this course failed to motivate me to become an TEFL Teacher. The videos were lackluster, inefficient and mundane, the quizzes were so dull and obvious that you could answer them correctly without watching any videos or even reading the questions! And the grammar course is such a sad joke. Not only it gives little clue on how to deliver this always tricky area, but all it does is a continuum of basic grammar tests for us teachers, as if knowing grammar is the same as knowing how to teach grammar. But worst of all, I don't see how these courses bring me closer to landing that TEFL job (other than by providing the mere certificate), since I could not even get a reply from my so-supposed tutor about job-seeking guidance. I'm still waiting for that email response. I honestly feel I've wasted my money and my time here, and I would not recommend this agency.
The content is clearly laid out however there are a number of things that I found unsatisfactory about this online experience: There are several acronyms which I find difficult to fully grasp as these seem to be introduced all at once. I do not feel equipped to teach grammar having completed the online units and do not feel that I have developed in terms of being a teacher of English as a second language on the basis of completing the course. I found the videos showing teaching examples were tedious to watch and slow to progress. The end of unit quiz does not often feel like a test of knowledge when English is the first language - the questions could be answered by someone who has not completed the content based on their use of English as a first language.
Not very exciting
The website is slow. Had a lot of difficulty with the quizzes. Very slow in response and often times recorded the wrong answers thus making me retry the quizzes again and again. Sometimes the site freezes in the middle of a quiz. Very frustrating.
The website performance is very slow, the user experience is really bad. I spent a lot of time on the loading time with the chrome browser.
Not at all happy with the prices of the extension! I literally had to pay around the same amount I payed for my course,absolute rip off!!!!
I have received a grant from my university and I need the specific certificate. The teacher told me that I have to contact via email with the TELF org. I have written several times but I haven't received the certificate. The course was great and I thought to recommend it. However, now I think that I wouldn't recommend TEFL Org to an university colleague because our grant depends on the certificate and I have problems to receive it. My email is inmapizarra@hotmail.com. Could you contact me?
Hello Inmaculada, Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear that you have not received your TEFL certificate in the mail. It normally takes between two and three weeks to be delivered to Europe. The digital version of your TEFL certificate is available to download from your student account. Our Customer Services team will be in touch shortly. Kind regards, Alan
The feedback I received from my first assignment was badly written, and needed clarifying. In the response Thomas Kerr kept saying that his further comments when in blue below. Finally, I took a screenshot to prove that there were comments in blue. In the next few assignments Thomas said twice to 'grade the language.' I asked him what he meant, but again it was unclear. Today he attached a Level Chart. I said that it would've been good to get this before. Thomas then replied that it used to be in the course, and someone must've taken it out. I've been writing my assignments not knowing what levels my students are. I'm giving a poor for the feedback I've received, but a 7 overall, as the rest of the content is thorough.
I signed up for a course in April and received a receipt for registration from tefl.org. I then received an email from an online tutor based in the UK, though I am based in Los Angeles, California. I asked the online tutor Charlei, if the courses are the same and let her know I was concerned about having a tutor in a different time zone. She let me know these are good questions and I should email the info@tefl.org.uk, which I have done. I'm still unsure if I'm signed up for the right course or how to begin.
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our online tutors are based all over the world. This will not have a negative effect on your online studies. Tutors are given two working days to respond to all email enquiries and provide feedback on assignments. Wishing you all the best with your studies. Please get in touch if you have any further questions. Kind regards, Alan, TEFL Advisor
I feel that there is a lack of mentor support as I have had an email when I enrolled introducing a mentor. However, I have had no contact with my mentor to help me with my assignments, in which, I am struggling with at the moment.
The TEFL Org is rated 4.5 based on 5,251 reviews