Taxicode Reviews

1% of reviewers recommend Taxicode
1 New Reviews Written
02AM
2AM

Tell us how Taxicode made you happy

6 - 12 Hours
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"A fabulous driver, with clean and comfortable vehicle. A comfy trip that I really enjoyed."
Are you Taxicode? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Booked twice with Taxicode 1. First time went OK despite being late collecting us from the airport. 2. Second booked secured - 8 going to the races, received an email 2 hours before collection saying booking cancelled! WILL NOT BE USING AGAIN"
"I prebooked prepaid a journey for 9 teenagers. Taxicode failed to collect them - they were an hour from home. Apparently my daughter wasn’t there - she was!!!! The company supplied evidence that they were there - it shows them leaving the location 4 minutes before the booked pick up time!!!! Absolute cowboys - avoid at all costs!!!!!"
"Booked the ride for 5am this morning. Got a confirmation so I slept thinking all is fine!!! Woke up on my alarm 4:30 got changed and waited past 5:05 and called to ask where the driver is. No answer! I went to check my email and guess what they have cancelled the booking so it says at 4:05!!!!!! How Was I supposed to suspect such a surprise?!!! Never again!!! I just called Uber and luckily managed to get a 5 minutes away one!! AVOID"
"Absolute scam, do not use this company! Misrepresentation The company quoted myself £35.00 plus £1.50 for the taxi fare from the airport which was about the same price as other competitors. I paid then I was called hours later being told that I had not put in the correct address details (post code and full address) which I had indeed done as I not only searched but the address came up in full. I was then told it would be £60.00 I asked for it to be cancelled. I was then made aware I would only get 25% of the cost back. When trying to raise a complaint the company were unhelpful and rude."
"I booked a return trip; then I needed to change only the outbound trip (but not the return trip). I called TaxiCode and talked to Mujtaba Hussein asking for the change. He mentioned that changes are not possible, that they need to cancel my trip and re-book it again. I accepted, they made the change to my outbound trip and by mistake they have changed the return date (to the SAME DAY than the outbound trip) instead of keeping my original return date, as requested. As I assumed the return was not changed I did not payed attention to its date, and only checked the new outbound date. I made the payment and then I start to get calls from taxi drivers saying that they were waiting for me. I have lost the booking and the money of my return trip. They never recognised their mistake and made me pay for it."
"DO NOT USE - they took the money for my booking and I still haven't been able to obtain a refund and it doesn't look likely. I followed the advise process to request the refund after I cancelled the booking but taxicode said I should request it from the taxi firm who tell me the vice versa. Absolutely, a disgrace."
"At 5:15 pm I booked a Mercedes (final splurge!) to take the 3 of us to Heathrow at 8:15 next morning. Got an almost immediate reply to say that the ride had been assigned to GLC Executive and I would get final confirmation in the the next few minutes, either from GLC or some other company. We went out to dinner - when we returned at 10 p.m there was no final confirmation. So I emailed them to cancel, contacted them through their "Contact US" links and tried to click on the Cancel tab on our booking (which did nothing). I couldn't phone them as I don't have a British phoine and their website has no "Chat with us" facility. Booked a black cab instead which cost very little more and gave instant confirmation. Imagine my surprise when a Toyota station wagon turned up next morning from Taxicode's partner. I told the driver I had cancelled, he took a photo of the front door to confirm he had been there and took off. Picture my amazement to find that Taxicode billed me the full fare to Heathrow for 3 people plus luggage. I have reported them to my credit card company. AVOID TAXICODE - a black cab is cheaper and more reliable."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They did not arrive at the airport and after waiting an hour and failing to get in contact with them I took another company and was subsequently charged by their company without any compensation. Very poor service and customer service. Highly recommend not using this company and going with another. There are many other companies that will serve you better."
"They didn’t update that there was no driver - extremely bad and inhumane service. When trying to call, they don't answer for 15 minutes. Avoid this company and this app - horrible."
"Please do not use. My experiences are too depressing for words but I want to warn others. I thought I was booking a local taxi through a website which implied Taxi Code were based in Lewes, East Sussex (the title of the website they own which I used, implied this was the case - one of many websites they have with variants to the name) this was not the case - the driver was based in London. I cancelled nine days before my booked trip after reading some terrible stories about peoples experiences. I have not been able to get a penny back from a very expensive trip. Terms and Conditions are buried on the website. Please, please BEWARE."
"Please, don't use this company! You may as well take your money and burn it. Booked a return taxi to Birmingham airport for our first holiday abroad as a family. I had an email confirming they had assigned a driver, BB and Aces cars. I googled the company and was very concerned at the awful reviews they had. I immediately emailed TaxiCode with my concerns, and they reassured me that airport runs always run smoothly, nothing to worry about. I thanked them, saying it was only because with the pick up at 3am, we really would have no way of getting there if there were any problems. Guess what? As myself, partner and two daughters stood at the foot of the stairs, cases packed, excited to leave, NO taxi arrived. I phoned BB and Aces cars 20 mins after the pick up should have been, to be told there was no record of me whatsoever, and they 'don't even do that area'. I was devastated as they had taken £149 out my account for a service I never received! Thank god my sister answered her phone in the early hours of the morning and my brother in law kindly took us. I emailed them several times over the course of my holiday, something I didn't want to be doing, and they had the cheek to ask, 'did I want the return leg of the journey?' How on earth could I trust them to turn up? I said no, knowing I was now was also waving goodbye to the second half my money. BUT, weeks later I haven't even received the full refund for the first half, even though the (taxi that didn't arrive! They have so far put £30 in my account, and that's it! I've just emailed again, but this is like getting blood out of a stone. What an absolutely sham of a company, and how incredibley cruel to take peoples money then leave them high and dry. My next step will be trying through my bank. Worst service I've ever received from any company, ever. And to think, I actually said in one of my emails that if they sorted my refund, whilst I wouldn't give favourable reviews for the company (obviously!), I would for their customer service. But that's dire as well."
"Booked a minibus for a wedding. Phoned the morning of as we hadn't had a driver confirmed and was assured the booking was in place and everything fine. 3 hours after that phone call and 12 hours before the pick up time the mini bus was cancelled. We luckily managed to find a local taxi company willing to run shuttles for all of us but if not we would have been stranded in the countryside. Taxi code has denied all responsibility because they are only an agent"
"Awful. Booked a taxi and the driver wasn’t assigned so rang up and they said it’s all booked in only for the taxi to be cancelled hours before we wanted it on the day of a wedding! So so poor"
"RIP OFF... AVOID. Had to cancel a few days in advance. Discovered Taxicode was only going to return 10% of fare!! Call centre in India. Very very poor service and complete CON."
"Avoid like the plague. They failed to contact me in any way after I booked an airport taxi four days ahead (I've carefully checked spam folders, the lot.) It proved impossible to contact them by phone, so I booked with another taxi firm. The night before the planned trip I got a phone call from the taxicode-arranged driver to confirm. There had been absolutely no communication at all in the meantime. As I had made alternative arrangements, I said I didn't need them; the Taxicode people rang me and refused to refund my money, despite the problem being entirely caused by their failure."
"Do Not Use - they take your cash without providing a service They have effectively a no refund policy buried in clause 7 of their T&C's. This is unfair as a matter of UK consumer law and unenforceable- however they have you hard earned cash at the point and a consumers you are powerless. The Competition and Market Authority Guidelines are clear on this : "Businesses can keep your deposit or advance payments, or ask you to pay a cancellation charge, only in certain circumstances If you cancel the contract, the business is generally only entitled to keep or receive an amount sufficient to cover their actual losses that directly result from your cancellation (eg costs already incurred or loss of profit). Businesses must take reasonable steps to reduce their losses (eg by re-selling the goods or services). Non-refundable deposits should only be a small percentage of the total price. Cancellation charges must be a genuine estimate of the business’ direct loss.""
"DO NOT USE. originally quoted 30 pounds. They phoned 1 day before ride to say i had to pay an additional 17 pounds to driver or trip would be cancelled without a refund."
"Exactly the same experience as Claire below. One ok experience however.. Last night booked taxi in advance as we knew area was very isolated and limited in taxis. Waiting at hotel for taxi, checked email and they'd cancelled both our taxis for the evening an hour beforehand. Absolutely no other taxis available at that time, we ended up having to beg someone to come out on the promise we'd pay him double for both journeys. Disgusting service. Never again"
Taxicode is rated 1.06 based on 80 reviews