Taxicode Reviews

customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult

Tell us how Taxicode made you happy
A fabulous driver, with clean and comfortable vehicle. A comfy trip that I really enjoyed.
heathrow to london city, for 47,50 pounds which i paid through paypal. On the way the driver asked me if the taxi office told me rhat i have to pay him an extra 11.50 pounds. I said no, i have already paid the full amount of 47.50 pounds online. He called the office and told m that they called him back. Instead someone called me and said that i have to pay the driver an extra 11.50 pounds for conjuction fees. I ofcourse refused and told him that i paid the amount stated on the confirmation email and that nowhere was written for this extra fees. After a long talking the man on the phone said ok but next time to have it in mind. This is not a professional approach. Very dissapointed although the taxi driver was very kind. I dont know what all that was about
Booked twice with Taxicode 1. First time went OK despite being late collecting us from the airport. 2. Second booked secured - 8 going to the races, received an email 2 hours before collection saying booking cancelled! WILL NOT BE USING AGAIN
WORST TAXI COMPANY . I made a booking and cancelled within 20minutes after seeing all the bad review's written . The Customer service advisor was useless and informed me that regardless of the quick cancellation, I would still be charged the full amount of the booking made for June . Shocking. I phoned my bank to let them know that this company has scammed me and they proceeded to tell me Taxicode had taken a further £10.93 out of my account. Bank card has now been cancelled so these fraudsters can't help themselves to my money. Awful, do not use them !!
The worst company ever. Not the first time they let me down. Tried to give second chance but let me down again. They have cancelled my booking from their side without letting me know and even didnt bother to help me to restore it and make it active. the only reply i got we are sorry we cant do anything. Its never possible to rely on them!!!
We booked a local taxi company (witney taxi) and instead got a random company from London who we had never heard of without being told (we only found out when we range to reconfirm) As this journey was for a single woman, we decided to book with a genuine and safe local provider. We discussed with Taxicode who seem more interested in collecting their money and their conditions than any genuine customer service.
As long as you don't need to contact taxicode, they're fine. Hence all the positive reviews they got on trustpilot. But in any event you do need to contact taxicode, don't expect them to be any help. The only things they are good at is referencing their terms and condition and collecting money. Absolutely disgusting.
Booked a taxi thinking it is a local company and reading on their info page seemed like a sound company. I booked a child seat and then paid the fee online. An operator called and said they do not have a car seat . Also, she said it is not necessary! Anyway, i asked to cancel my trip and was told that I will not have any refund. ! Then they asked me to pay 10 pounds more if I definitely want a car seat? What? Avoid this company all together.. Plus, they sent an Ober driver. ? Never use them again...
Never use. I decided to book a taxi with what I believed to be a local firm and paid upfront as I thought this would be a more reliable way of guaranteeing a taxi. I booked a taxi 13 days before New Years’ Eve at a very reasonable price. I phoned up twice and sent an email asking for a definite confirmation in the interim of which I was informed I should not worry and it was being handled. I was then sent an email at 01.16am on the 30th January informing me that my booking had been cancelled. I phoned up first thing that morning to an extremely unhelpful operator. They explained that there was nothing what could be done but I could rebook with them at a much higher price even though their original confirmation email explained that they will honour the booking at the same price with another firm if they cannot provide a driver. After loosely confirming the booking at the higher price I then went to cancel it later that day to be informed that I would not receive a refund due to the late notice - despite a driver not even being assigned at this point. Following this I repeatedly phoned taxicode to be greeted by extremely unhelpful operators who just repeatedly said read the terms and conditions and offered no actual advice or help to obtaining a refund. I find this extremely ironic that they are able to cancel a taxi with less than 48 hours notice yet when I then I tried cancelling only a few hours after rebooking they would not offer a refund over the phone and were of no help and this was for over £100.
Over one hour late for pickup at the airport. I then cancelled my return booking as I did not want to risk missing my return flight, and they reply via email quoting me a very poor cancellation policy. Don't use these guys!!!
This company should be SHUT DOWN! Booked, paid , even called to confirm was told driver would be there in ten , no show , was stood outside my house . Had to call another company as I was late . Had tried head office too and couldn’t get through . Was refused refund as I was told taxi driver was there and they sent GPS pic! So despite being outside my house looking it was MY fault ! Disgusting way to treat people a total scam !
They don’t deserve any stars, they are crooks and should be shut down. Our friend booked a taxi with them to take six of us (we are pensioners) to London on the 17th December. The outbound journey was fine, but they did not show up for the return journey, they have lied and said they turned up but they didn’t, they are absolute thrives and they left us stranded. Two people in our group have difficulty walking that is why we organised the taxi, otherwise we would have used public transport as we have done in the past. They spoilt what was a really lovely day and it took us a very long time to get home, because of their complete lack of customer care. SHAME ON YOU TAXICODEUK They took the money but won’t give a refund. Don’t use them what ever you do, and also check out Trust Pilot the reviews on there will also tell you everything you need to know.
I tried to book what I thought was a local company- but system rerouted to Taxicode. I paid up front with credit card. No confirmation for hours, and after several calls I got random text messages from Uber with wrong date and time, saying driver would confirm tomorrow am. As the trip was for surgery with arrival at 6.15, And I had paid more than twice the price of an Uber, I wasn’t happy and tried to cancel. After several calls I did cancel - so far no refund AND Uber have charged me a further cancellation fee. Avoid this company - it is not a legitimate enterprise.
Booking confirmation received no driver assigned despite policy saying there would be at 24hr point. Contacted them and a response of "driver will be assigned at 4hr point" had other arrangements to get to a venue for NYE and was using these scammers to get us home. Whilst at the venue we received a cancellation email with no excuse. Absolutely disgusting. If I could have voted no stars I would have. I look forward to seeing this "company" go bust!
Booked taxi after new year party 2 days before. Ring them day before to be sure I've got transport to home with my kids. On new year eve 08.20 pm got email my booking has been cancelled. SCAMMERS
I think all the other reviews say it all about this company. Booked 6 seater to arrive just after new years eve. They cancelled just a few hours before. Left us stranded with 2 kids. Uber came to the rescue! I urge everyone to make formal complaints and to get this company shut down.
Absolutely shocking company!! Booked a taxi for NYE in advance, booking accepted and payment taken...received a phone call to check location. I gave them the house name, road, town and postcode. They said they couldn’t find it in their system but would keep trying. Promptly received a cancellation email and refund with no further correspondence....now driving and not having a drink.....thanks for nothing HNY 🤔🤔🤔
DO Not use this company The accepted my booking and money ,then sent a cancellation email 3 hours before we were due to be picked up Ruined our New Years eve celebrations.
ABSOLUTELY Appalling..... DO NOT USE TAXICODE!!!! It's all a scam. You pay upfront for your driver not to turn up, they don't call you or contact you in any way and get the money anyway. There customer service team don't help you in any way and have excuses for everything. If you don't want to be scammed then DON'T use them.
Booked a taxi 1 way for 3 miles up the road on Christmas Day at 19:00. The first was cancelled on 23rd by email so I rebooked and phoned to confirm the booking was ok and was told all was good. Booking was then cancelled at 10:30 on Christmas Day and I mean who the hell checks their email on Christmas Day, complete cretins. Fortunately one of our party had not been drinking and could make 2 trips to get us back to hotel, but what poor poor service. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Taxicode is rated 1.04 based on 161 reviews