Taxicode Reviews

customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult

Tell us how Taxicode made you happy
I called initially to see if there was an option to bring the time forward by 15 minutes, picking us up at 7.15 pm rather than 7.30 pm, just an inquiry. However, the taxi company assigned to the job said that they had no record of the booking, they even checked their other office and confirmed that they had no record and that they stopped working with Taxicode. So, I called Taxicode, you gave some excuse and said a car was on its way. Then, they said this car had broken down (I do not believe this). Then, they said another car was on its way and I'd receive a text message to confirm. I did receive a text message and the message said that an uber had been ordered but that there were no Ubers in the area. Every time I called you I was on hold for at least 10 minutes. Eventually, we had to drive to the restaurant which was disappointing as it was a special meal, my birthday and we wanted to try the tasting menu with the wine pairings. Drinking was no longer an option with the car. Terrible service and I have still not received a refund for the outbound nor return journey, which I did not take.
Thieves! . A policy of only refunding 10% of a booking cost even 10 days ahead. DO NOT USE. This company makes in money by capturing its customers - charging for extra baggage and “luggage conflicts” as they call them. They deserve to be creamed by Uber - and the rest of the normal world - but rely on a steady stream of suckers . You’ve been warned
Taxi didn’t show, called company 8 times kept cutting me off, about to drive myself to station. They called said taxi will be there 2 minutes. Driver called but needed directions to us eventhough postcode brings you to the village. Finally in taxi 40 mins late. Had to instruct driver how to drive 10 miles to Derby station. No apology no help with bags. We missed our train with booked seats to London. Finally got one an hour late. Complained to company who said we weren’t entitled to any refund as we’d paid by card in advance. Worst taxi service ever!! User beware!!
Do not use this company. Had a coach booked for 10:00, rang at 10:30am and asked where the coach was. Was told the coach had broke down and there was nothing they could do. Was told there was no alternatives and I would receive a refund in the next few days. After contacting them many times they are still refusing to give me any refund even though I paid approximately £250 for the coach. Avoid this company at all costs
Should have read the reviews. Simply shocking service. Booked a taxi for the next day. Cancelled within an hour and they took the fare anyway. Emailed to ask for my money back and they told me where to go. Shocking company.
Pre booked with CV for a 1am pick up. Taxi didn't arrive on time. Had to get another £80 cab home. Taxi called me at 01:26 to ask where I was. I had tried to call this company many times before I decided I could be stranded, and I read to T&Cs first. So was confident I would get my money back. Taxicode have been very very bad. They have ignored my calls and refused to pay me. I work for a bank in security and have taken legal advice. I have also reported this company to Google. They will rip you off. Do not use them.
Booked taxi that never arrived, kept sending u we links . If I wanted an uberni would have gone direct however as explained to them they do not operate in my area . Left with no taxi very very poor
This is what they state on their website..... We are currently seeking Taxicode partners across the UK. Taxicode is the UK's largest and most successful national minicab booking service. We work with over 400 taxi companies in over 500 towns in the UK. Taxicode is the UK's most advanced online lead generation and taxi booking platform. However... THEY ARE NOT UK BASED. They are company in Holland making a lot of money by overcharging the customer under paying the taxi hire firms and keeping 45% of refunds from prebooked cancellation. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - Also going by the name of Bookataxiride.com and Esher minicabs. DO NOT USE.
It’s a total rip off! They take they will charge you 90pc of the fare if you cancel!! Please read the T&C’s!!! 7. CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS AND REFUNDS “If you cancel your booking between 2 days to 10 days prior to the Journey date in your Booking, you will be entitled to a refund equivalent to 10% of the value of your booking. “
I wouldn’t even give them 1 star we were due to be picked up from a rural location at 11.30 pm only to have our taxi cancelled at 10.20 pm via email!!!!! Which would never had seen only for the fact we waited for our taxi to arrive and it didn’t !!!! When my partner phoned to explain we where in the middle of nowhere with no transport links their attitude was very much tough, then had the cheek to send an email offering a £5 discount next time!!! Guess what, there won’t be a next time EVER and I’ll be telling anyone who will listen not to use them unless you want a very very long walk home !!!!!!!!
Taxi ode is the worst service provider, I recently Made a booking thru them for my trip for Windermere to London, I had paid upfront 3 weeks in advance . On the day of travel 1 hour before trip they cancelled my taxi . I called them Several Times but no reply. They are very u professional. Recommend everyone not to book thru them. Don’t go with their prices they don’t fulfill the service.This company should Be blocked by Taxi Authorities in Uk. They still haven’t refunded my full amount.
Please, don't use this company! You may as well take your money and burn it. Booked a return taxi to Birmingham airport for our first holiday abroad as a family. I had an email confirming they had assigned a driver, BB and Aces cars. I googled the company and was very concerned at the awful reviews they had. I immediately emailed TaxiCode with my concerns, and they reassured me that airport runs always run smoothly, nothing to worry about. I thanked them, saying it was only because with the pick up at 3am, we really would have no way of getting there if there were any problems. Guess what? As myself, partner and two daughters stood at the foot of the stairs, cases packed, excited to leave, NO taxi arrived. I phoned BB and Aces cars 20 mins after the pick up should have been, to be told there was no record of me whatsoever, and they 'don't even do that area'. I was devastated as they had taken £149 out my account for a service I never received! Thank god my sister answered her phone in the early hours of the morning and my brother in law kindly took us. I emailed them several times over the course of my holiday, something I didn't want to be doing, and they had the cheek to ask, 'did I want the return leg of the journey?' How on earth could I trust them to turn up? I said no, knowing I was now was also waving goodbye to the second half my money. BUT, weeks later I haven't even received the full refund for the first half, even though the (taxi that didn't arrive! They have so far put £30 in my account, and that's it! I've just emailed again, but this is like getting blood out of a stone. What an absolutely sham of a company, and how incredibley cruel to take peoples money then leave them high and dry. My next step will be trying through my bank. Worst service I've ever received from any company, ever. And to think, I actually said in one of my emails that if they sorted my refund, whilst I wouldn't give favourable reviews for the company (obviously!), I would for their customer service. But that's dire as well.
Do Not Use - they take your cash without providing a service They have effectively a no refund policy buried in clause 7 of their T&C's. This is unfair as a matter of UK consumer law and unenforceable- however they have you hard earned cash at the point and a consumers you are powerless. The Competition and Market Authority Guidelines are clear on this : "Businesses can keep your deposit or advance payments, or ask you to pay a cancellation charge, only in certain circumstances If you cancel the contract, the business is generally only entitled to keep or receive an amount sufficient to cover their actual losses that directly result from your cancellation (eg costs already incurred or loss of profit). Businesses must take reasonable steps to reduce their losses (eg by re-selling the goods or services). Non-refundable deposits should only be a small percentage of the total price. Cancellation charges must be a genuine estimate of the business’ direct loss."
Exactly the same experience as Claire below. One ok experience however.. Last night booked taxi in advance as we knew area was very isolated and limited in taxis. Waiting at hotel for taxi, checked email and they'd cancelled both our taxis for the evening an hour beforehand. Absolutely no other taxis available at that time, we ended up having to beg someone to come out on the promise we'd pay him double for both journeys. Disgusting service. Never again
Booked twice with Taxicode 1. First time went OK despite being late collecting us from the airport. 2. Second booked secured - 8 going to the races, received an email 2 hours before collection saying booking cancelled! WILL NOT BE USING AGAIN
I booked a taxi with Taxi code for Friday the 5th of July. It was to the Bath Priory going for a birthday meal. i cancelled the taxi more than a week in advance because of my husband's illness. the cost was £121.50 and I got a refund for £12.15 which is 10%. I have contacted them but they refuse to do anything about it. this is very bad practice and I would not recommend this firm to anyone !
I had the same problem as below. date booked in error tried to cancel immediately but was told I wouldn't get refund. No refund policy available when booking. Booked with same taxi company direct was £19.50 cheaper!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!
When using on a phone, the 24 hour clock is not visible meaning my taxi was booked for 5.30pm and not 5.30 am as needed. When cancelled with 12 hours notice, I was advised I would receive a refund. A month later I am now being told I will not receive one. Their refunds policy is terrible and the price they offer is the same as a local mini cab service so not worth it!
I booked through Taxicode hoping to get a cheaper price on cabs to the airport. The job was given to Trio Cars in Illford. I had booked a return journey to Gatwick airport. I was due to get collected from the airport at 18:40 on a Friday night. I paid for meet and greet however the driver was not there. As per Taxicodes policy, I contacted the cab company directly, who told me the driver was parking up and would be with me in ten minutes. I waited 20 minutes to be informed that the driver was no longer answering his phone. Trio cars advised me to get a cab home. I challenged them on why they told me my car was parking, they refused to answer and continued to tell me to get in a cab. I asked whether they would refund the additional cost of the cab, for which they would give no definitive answer. I ended up having to pay an additional £115 for a cab, on top of the £132 I had already paid. When i raised this with Taxicode, they refunded me the cost my cab would have been but not the additional £55 I had to pay. Instead they told me to raise it with TrioCars. When I raised this with TrioCars, they lied and told me the driver had an accident, then backtracked and said that he had just not turned up. So not only are they unreliable, they are also liars. Neither company are willing to take responsibility for my loss.Each passes me on to the other. The whole purpose of using a site like Taxicode is to get a better rate and easier process when booking cabs. Unfortunately this has not been the case. Neither have been helpful and I've ended spending a lot more money then necessary. I am not sure why Taxicode continue to use Triocars, when they have so many terrible reviews. This, in my view, is irresponsible and puts customer's at risk of losing money like I did. Needless to say, I will never use their site again, nor will i recommend it to anyone.
Do not use this company! They are dishonest and will do everything to steal your money. I had to make an adjustment to my booking and called in before the transaction was processed, and the agent on the phone stated it was not yet processed. As soon as I made a request to either adjust the booking or cancel the agent went ahead and processed the booking and refused to refund the money. Very shady company!
Taxicode is rated 1.05 based on 131 reviews