Switch Electronics Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend Switch Electronics Limited
Read Switch Electronics Limited Reviews

Tell us how Switch Electronics Limited made you happy
I'm happy with my recent order and don't normally respond to requests for reviews but was considering writing to you about something that has frustrated me greatly over the last couple of years. It is not a problem with switch electronics in particular (in fact I gave up on rapid and used switch because I felt it was slightly better). Although I think you are in a strong position to do something good about it. In a nutshell, the layout of the old paper catalogues was much quicker and easier to use. At least in the case of discreet components. When searching for a resistor now online, I am confronted with hundreds of photo's of identical parts and the filters are not always suitable. I have wasted several hours recently trying to find out some basic information. I think the problem stems from the fact that you don't know if you've seen the whole range or not. A practical example, say I calculate that I want a resistor array to be 1k9 and 0.26W. I would like to find the list of resistor arrays rated at a suitable wattage and then select the nearest resistance available, satisfied that I have selected the closest one available because I have seen the exhaustive list. Recently, this happened and I had to wade through an awful lot of pages because you never really know the nearest resistance value to what you want. Try it yourself. I thought 2k2 was a common resistor size but not with resistor networks it would seem. I would have realised this in seconds by looking at a list but instead keep searching for something that doesn't exist. Before the demise of maplin, they stopped printing catalogues for components a few years before, my local one in Liverpool had to keep an old well used catalogue for parts reference because it was too time consuming to use the computers to do the same thing. What I am suggesting, since no one seems to want to print catalogues anymore is to produce catalogue pages in the format of the traditional paper ones online, even if you don't put up to date prices on them, it is nice to see an exhaustive list without hundreds of unnecessary pictures and even out of date prices just for a relative idea of pricing. Last time I checked, toolstation do this online, you basically have the paper catalogue pages online for you to flick through. It is then easy so see what is and (just as importantly) is not available. I don't know much about website design but it would seem that a lot of places have gone over to this thing of flicking through hundreds of pictures rather than have a sort of tree structure of menu's and I imagine it is because it lends itself to smartphone users, but not really researching electronic components. Sorry to go on a bit, I'm very happy with the service and my moaning is more about the way websites have gone in general. I struggle just as much with this sort of thing now in my working life, as a maintenance engineer of 20 years. all the best steve.
Excellent and efficient service and reasonable postage costs. I am very satisfied.
Great service and prices
Very good service
With RS Components and Darnell now charging £5 delivery on orders under £20 and Maplin gone, Switch Electronics has been very useful to me they do exactly what they say they will do. Well done!
Well packaged components, individually labelled for ease of identification. Package arrived promptly.
fantastic service and quality
Good prices and service. Items arrived next day.
Got my order fast and all my questions answered.
Very prompt service
Very helpful. Slight hiccup with stock levels, sorted quickly with great communication. I would definitely recommend this company. I will certainly be using them again.
Fantastic service and great quality products.
Great easy to use website, well packed and fast delivery.
I have bought from Switch Electronics many times before and always found their service and quality to be excellent. Being only a hobbyist when it comes to electronics, I don't order in large quantities but find the postage rates very reasonable. I originally bought from them via an online auction but found much better prices and quantity of stock on the website and regularly leave excellent feedback fr them. I use an online payment rather than a regular account with them and have never had any problems with orders and delivery has always been very quick. I would recommend them to all and will be buying from again, but in the meantime would like to thank them for the excellent service and all the best. Thanks again.
I did not place a large order but was very happy to receive it the next day . Fast and efficient service.
Very impressed with the service from these guys, first time I've ordered from them but will definitely be using them again, i bought a Hammond enclosure and it arrived next day, made a small mod box which I'm very pleased with, the paint finish is very tough and looks great, definitely recommend.
Outstanding service. Ben on the service desk helped me to identify exactly what I needed and it arrived without delay at a very good price.
This supplier is a new find for me I have already placed 3 orders by time of reviewing Excellent service in all respects & really keenly priced I have no problem at all in recommending to others Bev
I can't give a satisfactory response as I have yet to receive my item!
Got the package quickly. Good quality relays 😊