Swinfen Hall Hotel Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Swinfen Hall Hotel

Tell us how Swinfen Hall Hotel made you happy

"No thanks. I don't want to."
"Very nice accommodations. Spacious room and outstanding staff. The only disappointment - a big one - was the tasting menu. Microscopic proportions that were just ordinary at an exhorbitant price."
"What can you say the food was exceptional, macaroons exquisite we salute you!! We were so impressed we booked to go back following week....."
"The Sunday was excellent from the warm welcome to the outstanding meal , service , room and cleanliness of the place but unfortunatly the Monday morning only scraped by as being acceptable breakfast was sadly disappointing in the way it was served and definatly not up to the standard expected also I don't know if there was a sausage shortage or if its your usual policy but people were refused a extra sausage even when they weren't having all of the other items on offer. There seemed to be a shortage of staff around the hotel being on hand to offer assitance in the morning and on checking out ."
"It is always a pleasure to visit Swinfen Hotel. We had a great afternoon enjoying a delicious and more than plentiful Afternoon Tea. The staff were attentive as always."
"A beautiful venue which has been restored elegantly. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful and caring if their guests and any requests they had. In my own case they helped set up my wedding cake and even provided tea for my husband and myself. Outstanding service. Rooms immaculate. Beautiful setting."
"Swinfen Hall and all staff were exceptional! Couldn’t have made my friends and family feel more welcomed My 50th birthday party 🥳 went beautifully and I’m so happy we chose Swinfen hall for our venue! Food brilliant staff wonderful 5* 100% recommended by my friends and family."
"Had an overnight stay hotel and surroundings are gorgeous staff very helpful and friendly we were well looked after would love to go back"
"We were simply looking for somewhere to break a long journey for the night and found Swinfen Hall more or less by accident. We were very pleasantly surprised - if anything it seems to undersell itself! The hotel is a lovingly restored early 18th century house with a fascinating history. It has only about 20 bedroms and stunning grounds, including a deerpark and walled vegetable garden. Our bedroom, no. 212, was large and spotlessly clean with an excellent bathroom and amazing double aspect views over the grounds. The public rooms are really interesting and beautifully restored. The staff were all delightful and helpful. Dinner is a more or less fixed tasting menu of 3, 5 or 8 courses which only changes seasonally, with little choice. We are foodies and thought the five course menu was really excellent, very imaginative and delicous, mostly featuring very local produce (some from the vegetable garden). The wine list was quite broad and reasonably priced. The only disappointment was the bread, which did not seem to be up to the same standard. Breakfast was what one would expect - leisurely and very good. We understand that there is another bistro style restaurant, which we did not try. The lack of variety in terms of dinner could be an obstacle to staying for more than a day or two. And there is no lift, so it would not be suitable for people who are disabled or have difficulty walking. Now a rant. The public rooms were filled with idiotic, vacuous wallpaper musak - and the musak was different from room to room. Why on earth don't people who take so much trouble to restore such a lovely house not understand that it has its own atmosphere and doesn't need such inanity? Rant over.Show less"
Swinfen Hall Hotel is rated 4.67 based on 9 reviews