SwimNow UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend SwimNow UK
2 - 3 Hours
Read SwimNow UK  Reviews

Tell us how SwimNow UK made you happy
Very good! Would highly recommend. Our son wasn't sure about swimming lessons before we took him to swim now. Heather his instructor is 1st class and our son looks forward to his lessons now. He is now confident in the water and coming on nicely.
(Glasgow) - Posted 8 months ago
From the first phone call, the customer service was first class. Understood my concerns as I'm mid 50s and had a great fear of water, cannot believe over my period of lessons how my confidence as grown.
To the point, I can now swim.
Being one to one lessons helped so much, I couldn't have done it without swim now and especially my personal Instructor, who i had all the way through.
Thanks to Pete for getting me to this point, which at 55 never thought would happen
Instructor was amazing, great communication. Would definitely recommend.
I decided to learn to swim for health reasons, and have always wanted that one 2 one support. Andy is my instructor who is very patient and tries to make me feel relaxed each session while we talk about anything. I would have given a 5 but that's not on Andy, it's simply the cost. I have paid a lot of money for 6 lessons but when you have fear, someone in their 40's and a personality that is hard to break I don't think 6 lessons are enough. I can't afford to do more lessons with swim now, but Andy has started to make me trust the water, just know I will not be swimming. Packages and cost maybe should consider the requirements of the swimmer? Enjoying use of facilities, and expertise on the instructor. Thanks Andy you're definitely helping. 🙂
Susan at East Midlands is fantastic with my 2 boys aged 7&9 they both feel confident in the water have come on so well in a short space of time she changes her teaching style to suit them individually. Susan keeps them engaged by adding fun into the lesson. Highly recommend.
Massive progress in a very short space of time.
(Glasgow) - Posted 8 months ago
My daughter is very enthusiastic about swimming but she wasn’t getting enough out of school & swimming clubs. SwimNow were prompt in responding to my enquiry, without being pushy. Heather the instructor at Hilton Glasgow is fantastic! She’s polite, cheerful, never stops smiling and gets into the pool with her and assesses and helps with all aspects of her swimming. She is very flexible and we can change our day or time each week without loosing money. My daughter looks forward to her lessons each Saturday!
Moreover Heather has been great in combining my daughter’s learning with mine: in our 60 minutes lessons Heather also helps me build up my swimming skills whilst she still keeps a close eye on my daughter.
We are very happy with SwimNow and specially with Heather!
I had six lessons with Dominique in Birmingham she was an outstanding instructor. She started from the fundamentals on how to breathe correctly and technique and then worked on the strokes which helped me massively to understand the theory and practice quite quickly. She explains everything well and is such a friendly person which helped me to build my confidence. As a result I can now swim the front crawl and breast stroke. I would definitely recommend her, thanks Dominique you are a star.
I am now a confident and good swimmer. Now believe everyone can swim.
Dominic is such a brilliant and talented instructor. Can’t thank him enough.
I booked an assessment session for my two children, a 3 and 8 year old. I had been very clear from the beginning that both my children had zero swimming experience and had never been in a pool. Also my eldest was afraid of the whole swimming idea. Hence why I wanted to book these one to one lessons. However, when we turned up to Sports Direct (Manchester) for my children’s swimming lesson it was a completely different story. The pool was 2.2m deep and the instructor advised she wasn’t going to get into the pool with them due to an injury. My children introduced themselves and sat down by the pool. My 3 year old got arm bands and my 8 year old didn’t. She then said she was going to get them in the pool, she picked my 3 year old and dropped him in. He obviously didn’t know what was happening and went head first, panicked and was flapping around. However, he was able to push himself towards the edge and climb out. My 8 year old saw this and refused to go in, it completely put her off. I asked the instructor if she would at least hold my little boys hand and try again, which she did but my little boy just didn’t like it and pulled himself out of the pool. With my little girl refusing to go in, we decided to leave. So the session only lasted 10 minutes and not only did those 10 minutes cost £40, I paid to have my children hated the idea of swimming even more. I’ve spoken to various people, friends and colleagues and they’ve all said that you don’t just drop a 3 year old in to do his own thing, that’s not professional. I just think it comes down to the instructor that you get as I chose Swimnow because of the good reviews, unfortunately not for everyone.
Dear RAkhtar,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us, this is certainly not the type of service we are looking to provide.

We would be more than happy to refund your payment in full, or give you a free assessment with a different teacher who could try another approach.

Unfortunately the issues you experienced were simply a result of bad timing, our teacher had an operation that week and was teaching from the side of the pool, instead of in the water (for one week only)

We made the decision to try and keep the lessons on to build continuity rather than cancel. I can see how in this instance it might have been a better idea to put your lesson back to the following week. That's my fault, I apologise.

Please feel free to come back to us if you'd like to try one of our other options.

Kind Regards, Alistair Mills, Owner, Swim Now Uk
Had my assessment lesson last week with Jenna . At first I felt a bit uncomfortable with members of the hotel guests using the pool but that soon disappeared when I got in the water, and all my attention was on my lesson. Straight away I was made more confident, by just walking the length of the pool unaided. I was then floating on my front with a float aid. Hopefully this is the start of something good. As a 54 year old none swimmer ,who has a great fear of water. Iv booked more lessons with Jenna who I find extremely caring and encouraging
Thank you for the wonderful service. My daughter loves Dominic and the lessons, and I noticed a very good progress in her swimming skills.
Dominic my teacher was excellent. I have never swam before I took the lessons and in a short time, i learnt the basics of swimming and a few more techniques.

I would definitely recommend.
Very good service and my swimming has really improved just over 6 lessons. I would give a 5 star review but I think they could improve in three areas
1. Take video's on before and after because you would be able to see how much improvement you've made.
2.Give more praise and encouragement ( I thrive and perform better when I'm given good feedback)
3. A clear plan on what areas you'll be focusing on over the 6 sessions
FANTASTIC!! I was so apprehensive being 47 and needing swimming lessons but I was made to feel very comfortable. The instructor (Angie) is so friendly but professional at the same time. I can't recommend SwimNow enough! I had a great time and feel so at comfortable and confident in the water, thanks Angie!!
(Durham) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Dawn,

Great to hear that your feeling more confident in the water. You and Angie have done a great brilliant job together Thank you for the great review.

Best Wishes, Alistair Mills, Owner, Swim Now
I had an amazing experience with Swim Now. Using the excellent one on one coaching has given me a new found confidence in my own ability to swim. As an instructor, Toby was both professional and engaging; he was able to create lessons that were fun and focused. His manner when teaching was always on a personal level, and he was able to teach to every one of my specific needs, to ensure that I got the most from the course. Toby always went the extra mile, after every session, by sending me tips I had learned in the lesson that I could use in my own personal swimming time. Overall, using Swim Now was an excellent experience, with superb coaching and very friendly service. I would definitely recommend this, not only to those who are beginners to swimming, but also to anyone who (like me) is experienced at swimming but wants to improve their abilities.
My son Jude has really come on in just six lessons with Tobi in Liverpool. Tobi has a real skill in building trust with a child that can be anxious in situations that are unfamiliar. I would highly recommend SwimNow, 5*.
I would really recommend SwimNow to anyone who wants to learn swimming, and would
benefit from one-to-one support. My instructor is so nice and patient with me, constantly encouraging me and giving me advice on how to move in the water. At first I was really nervous to go into the water but I can feel my confidence slowly increasing and I am thoroughly enjoying my lessons.
I have just completed my crash course swimming lessons and would like to give some feedback.

I took early retirement at the end of December and one of my aims was to learn to swim and gave myself a target of 1 year. I have had lessons in the past to no avail as a have a fear of water on my face.

I have had 6 lessons and can now swim breaststroke, put my face in the water, swim under water and sit on the bottom of the pool. This may seem trivial to a lot of people but to me this is fantastic as I have overcome my fears and no longer panic when I am in water.

My tutor Oliver has been fantastic, understanding my fears and concerns and setting the pace to suit me. During every lesson he has encouraged me and given me confidence in my ability to swim and ensured I have conquered a barrier e.g. face in the water, swimming across the pool, some of which I completed without realising. I have left every lesson feeling proud of myself, eager to tell others of my progress and keen to attend my next lesson.

As I have said I have had lessons previously none of which came close to the standard I have received in these 6 and wanted to feed this back to you especially as I have achieved my aim of learning to swim a lot sooner than expected.

Over the next few months I will continue to use the skills I have learnt in my lessons and do intend to take further lessons later in the year to further expand my swimming abilities.
Obviously the lessons will be with Swim Now.
Learning to swim as an adult has been a challenge for me.Thanks to my instructor Tobi who is patient understanding and professional I can now swim. Swimming has totally changed my life am fitter healthier I have more energy my diet has changed and I've lost weight.from having a fear of the water all my life the water has now become my life.I cannot imagine my life without swimming in it.Thank you Tobi and Thank you Swim Now for changing my life.
SwimNow UK is rated 4.81 based on 333 reviews