SwimNow UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend SwimNow UK
2 - 3 Hours
Read SwimNow UK  Reviews

Tell us how SwimNow UK made you happy
My daughter Amelia's is only in her second lesson with Joanne form barnsley and I can see a massive difference she loves going already can't wait to see her flourish even more thanks again Joanne x
Although I wrote a previous 5* review (starting with “I started swimming lessons aged 24...”) I thought I should add the negatives now that my lessons are nearly over. This is in no means discouraging people from the tutors as they are still good. Just the business lack of communication can be frustrating sometimes, as they will contact you beforehand to ensure you sign up, but then one lesson got cancelled 45 minutes before the lesson (due to venue issues). Then when I missed a lesson due to unforeseen circumstances, and informed them the night before it was still charged (£45! Per 30 minutes), and didn’t receive response to my message or voicemail. This can be frustrating especially considering the amount you pay for them. A few lessons were also cut short by around 5 minutes or so 😁, saying that’s all we have time for. But it made up that I stayed in the pool and practiced on my own for a bit. If the mishap with the lesson which I wanted to cancel didn’t occur I probably would’ve recommended SwimNow to 2-3 other family members, but this makes me not want to anymore. So gained £45 but lost out on repeat loyal customer and possibly 2-4 new ones! Customer experience is key. Still I’m Happy I took the lessons and learnt to swim and hope this is taken on board as constructive feedback.
My experience of the teaching has been excellent. An online booking system for lessons would be really beneficial to ensure that you can book slots in advance. This would be really helpful for people who work/have children and have limited availability to ensure that they are able to book sessions for the duration of their course in advance.
I never thought I will ever meet such a nice person Holly helped me a lot I only attended 3 lessons and I am feeling very confident
It was lovely to see my grandson on his first taster session. Sadly the lessons are more expensive at an hourly rate of £90 than getting a pilots licence so I cannot afford to continue and will look for a cheaper option.
Pete was amazing. We use the 1 to 1 lessons for my 5 year old son. His swimming really improved in no time. We could not ask for a better.
Very good! Would highly recommend. Our son wasn't sure about swimming lessons before we took him to swim now. Heather his instructor is 1st class and our son looks forward to his lessons now. He is now confident in the water and coming on nicely.
(Glasgow) - Posted 2 years ago
I booked an assessment session for my two children, a 3 and 8 year old. I had been very clear from the beginning that both my children had zero swimming experience and had never been in a pool. Also my eldest was afraid of the whole swimming idea. Hence why I wanted to book these one to one lessons. However, when we turned up to Sports Direct (Manchester) for my children’s swimming lesson it was a completely different story. The pool was 2.2m deep and the instructor advised she wasn’t going to get into the pool with them due to an injury. My children introduced themselves and sat down by the pool. My 3 year old got arm bands and my 8 year old didn’t. She then said she was going to get them in the pool, she picked my 3 year old and dropped him in. He obviously didn’t know what was happening and went head first, panicked and was flapping around. However, he was able to push himself towards the edge and climb out. My 8 year old saw this and refused to go in, it completely put her off. I asked the instructor if she would at least hold my little boys hand and try again, which she did but my little boy just didn’t like it and pulled himself out of the pool. With my little girl refusing to go in, we decided to leave. So the session only lasted 10 minutes and not only did those 10 minutes cost £40, I paid to have my children hated the idea of swimming even more. I’ve spoken to various people, friends and colleagues and they’ve all said that you don’t just drop a 3 year old in to do his own thing, that’s not professional. I just think it comes down to the instructor that you get as I chose Swimnow because of the good reviews, unfortunately not for everyone.
Dear RAkhtar, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us, this is certainly not the type of service we are looking to provide. We would be more than happy to refund your payment in full, or give you a free assessment with a different teacher who could try another approach. Unfortunately the issues you experienced were simply a result of bad timing, our teacher had an operation that week and was teaching from the side of the pool, instead of in the water (for one week only) We made the decision to try and keep the lessons on to build continuity rather than cancel. I can see how in this instance it might have been a better idea to put your lesson back to the following week. That's my fault, I apologise. Please feel free to come back to us if you'd like to try one of our other options. Kind Regards, Alistair Mills, Owner, Swim Now Uk
From the first phone call, the customer service was first class. Understood my concerns as I'm mid 50s and had a great fear of water, cannot believe over my period of lessons how my confidence as grown. To the point, I can now swim. Being one to one lessons helped so much, I couldn't have done it without swim now and especially my personal Instructor, who i had all the way through. Thanks to Pete for getting me to this point, which at 55 never thought would happen
Instructor was amazing, great communication. Would definitely recommend.
Excellent swimming lessons from Ian. My grandson had lost all his confidence after the COVID break and Ian got it back in his first lesson. He looks forward to his lesson every week and he is coming on in leaps and bounds. Thankyou.
I am fed up with being told you must learn to swim. It may save your life it's good exercise. I hate water we are land creatures I wont drown as I dont go near water. I can exercise just as well on land. It costs too much tobe able to practise on a regular basis That's in addition to the cost of lessons. I will firmly stay on the side of the pool drinking my cold beer. I'm nearly 70 and have managed this long without swimming no reason to change.
Great service, prompt call backs and appointments. Joanne is great with the children they are always excited to go. She has the ability to get the best out of them making their lessons fun but also challenging their skills! Thank you, we are so pleased with their progress so far!
David is a fantastic instructor. My daughter is 5 and had very little experience of swimming pools. She smiled the whole way through her first class and is progressing quickly.
My young son came on leaps and bounds within just a couple of lessons. Cannot thank Joanne from Barnsley enough! She is brilliant with my son it’s only his second lesson and already he is swimming 10m on his back. Joanne’s teaching methods are fantastic giving him so much confidence and enjoyment! Would definitely recommend anyone considering 1:1 sessions with her
My son (aged 6) has loved his lessons with Amy who has been consistently patient, encouraging and kind with him. He has made massive progress in 7 lessons and has hugely benefited from the 1:1 nature of the lessons. He is so sad that they have now come to an end; he says “Amy is the best swimming teacher”.
Andrea is a brilliant coach to be with she has truly helped me gain some confidence in the water and taught me the basic life skills of swimming. I thought I’d never be able to overcome my fear of water however I really enjoyed the teaching and learning. I definitely recommend her as a swimming instructor whether it’s to improve your swimming or start as a beginner shes patient but also listen and encourages you.
I started my swimming lessons in Manchester, I’m aged 24. I’ve always wanted to learn how to swim and consider it a great exercise, however due to a near death experience at the age of two abroad I’d always been fearful of the pool. I decided to face my fears and book 1 to 1 and as said by other reviewers I’m so happy I did. Dom my swimming instructor is an amazing coach, and very calmly steers you in the right direction. I had my second lesson today and I was swimming, without the float and learning the front crawl with my hands. I’m actually amazed at the progress- I had it within me all along but it takes a great coach to get it out of you. I’d attempted group swimming lessons but it’s not the same- these are structured and the coach is able to focus on you only. Bit pricey, but other companies are charging the same, I shopped around a bit. Well worth paying if you have spare cash one month/ worth saving up for, as you learn this skill for life and with a good quality structured lesson and lesson coach. Also thanks Dominic 🙌🏻.
I was lacking confidence in the water but the instructor put me at ease immediately. Within three lessons I had learnt better strokes, how to stay bouyant in the water, and how to breathe when doing the front crawl. After a long and debilitating illness I couldn't believe how quickly I progressed. I am so excited that the next time my grandchildren come to visit I am going to be able to keep up with them in the pool, especially my six year old granddaughter who is like a little mermaid.
I decided to learn to swim for health reasons, and have always wanted that one 2 one support. Andy is my instructor who is very patient and tries to make me feel relaxed each session while we talk about anything. I would have given a 5 but that's not on Andy, it's simply the cost. I have paid a lot of money for 6 lessons but when you have fear, someone in their 40's and a personality that is hard to break I don't think 6 lessons are enough. I can't afford to do more lessons with swim now, but Andy has started to make me trust the water, just know I will not be swimming. Packages and cost maybe should consider the requirements of the swimmer? Enjoying use of facilities, and expertise on the instructor. Thanks Andy you're definitely helping. 🙂
SwimNow UK is rated 4.82 based on 678 reviews