Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group Reviews

Read Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group Reviews

About Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group:

Who are we?

Student Computers new Building
We have been successfully trading since 1996 and we are one of the UK’s most competitive online retailers. Since 2008 we have been thriving in Refurbishment, overstock products and end of line to bring the most competitive prices on the web for your day to day technology. We are based in Birmingham, Minworth in the heart of the West Midlands.

We are very fortunate to have a wealth of experienced people who understand the mistakes that have been made in running an online business and using this best practice approach we look at every order as if it was for ourselves.

No Hidden Charges

Many companies lure you into the checkout where you get to the payment screen and you are forced to pay 1.6% for a PayPal charge or for using your credit card. We do not charge a thing as we want you not only to save on the order you are placing with us but not to hide anything. What you see online is what you pay.

Our Team

We have over 25 Technicians processing just over 500 products every day. We have a Customer Service team answering 100’s of calls and emails per day. Our Customer Service team are also trained to handle Sales, Technical advice and Returns. We do not transfer you to different departments like most companies. We like to deal with your query hands on!

What makes us different?

We offer a huge range of services ensuring you have the best experience when ordering.

UK Customer Service Team
0121 Local Telephone Number to call us on
Live Chat
5 Star Service
Over 10 Years of Online Retail Experience
Full tracking service that keeps you updated via email and SMS text messaging.
Next day delivery reporting, including a 1 hour delivery slot.
Why not put us to the test.

Our aim is simple, to be the best.

Thank you for taking time to read about our company.

All the team.

salesteam@studentcomputers.co.uk

Student Computers, T/A Spotbuyer Ltd
Spotbuyer Limited,
First Avenue,
Minworth

Tell us how Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group made you happy
Ordered a Geneva speaker and was not as advertised. Claimed to have some functions but model received was not as advertised.
Received a refund after some back and forth.
Wrong item was shipped
My email was immediately put on spam even though I was polite and not overly insistent in any way
The product provided, a 3.5mm headset adapter for Xbox ???? controller does not seem to work as advertised. It works OK for headphones, but the microphone input doesn't seem to work.
Hi,

Please do contact us on 0121 202 0022 so we can resolve any issues you are having with your purchase, our deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused

Kind regards

Jordan
Fast delivery, good product condition except the product I bought didn't turn on.
Afternoon Joshua,

Again I can only express our deepest apologies for the issues you have had with the controller you have purchased from ourselves and I completely understand the frustration this may have caused yourself

I can confirm we have processed a full refund for yourself for the controller which I hope you have received?

Should you need any further assistance please do get in contact with ourselves directly on 0121 202 0022 and we will ensure to aid you as swiftly and efficiently as possible

Kind regards

Jordan
Part of the product was missing
Sent the wrong item and did not have the correct item in stock. On the positive side their communication concerning the return was good and was postage paid.
Customer service wasn't interested in hearing about errors on their website, apparently it's my fault that I didn't read the two conflicting bits of information on the same page (one sentence in the item description saying that the product was in its original box, and another sentence half way down the page saying it wasn't). Quite rude and not interested in solving the issue.
Hi Sam, please accept our apologies for the admin errors. We have had no emails from yourself regarding the above matter though. If you would still like to return these products then we are of course happy to accept them back. Kind regards. Lewis
Scratched game disk arrived, no reply to my request for a replacement approx 2 weeks later. Unfortunately have to leave a poor review, shame.
Delivered to address other than ordered, never had this with other companies.
We delivered to your PayPal address which came through to our system. Unfortunately as per our emails to yourself we cannot change this due to PayPal rules. Again our apologies but this was out of our hands

Useless.
Hi, please contact us. We have had no email or phone call from yourself regarding an issue. 0121 202 0022 or sales@studentcomputers.co.uk
Item was "lost by my hermes" it took a week to receive the item which actually would have been safer sending via royal mail first class signed for. It was a small adapter in a tiny envelope. I had a colleague who brought the same exact adapter and apparently his was lost by my hermes too. not a good company if they cant get a simple envelope to you within a week. sort it out and if this is happening with my hermes who have a good rep at losing things DONT USE THEM!. safe to say i wont be using again

Lee
Hi Lee, yes the issue with the transport companies losing items is a pain but completely out of our control. I can see a replacement was sent out to you, was this received safely to you?
Purchased an Ipod Touch 8gb,Item itself was OK but I purchased it for my twin grandchildren with a view to purchasing another it it was suitable. The Ipod came with the back panel clearly belonging to a 16gb version.
Contacted customer services but they first told me I had received the 16gb version by mistake when I explained it was an 8gb they said they could do nothing about it. When I mentioned purchasing another they didnt even offer me a discount.
Terry Bostock
Brighouse
Be prepared to be disappointed; the condition of the iPod nano was poor, covered in scratches. The guy I spoke to at the returns centre even said that the condition was poor. Be sure you want to spend your money on very used goods
As per our emails, we understand that you assumed these was new when they are listed as Refurbished. The item you purchased was a Grade B- which is our lowest grading. A full refund has already been processed for you, any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us

Lewis
All started really well. Delivered promptly. Computer was obviously not checked properly before it was sent to me as there is something wrong with it. Scrolls pages up by itself while you are using it. Even when typing text keeps scrolling up and moving and then everything had to be deleted and retyped. Very frustrating. Very disappointed. I was told I could return it and you would look at it but I have already installed all my personal data so worried about either losing my data or somebody else getting hold of it.
Hi Sara, as per our emails to you your return is still setup and as we would like to resolve this issue for you. Your returns REF 26103 is still setup and active for you. As for any personal data, this should not be lost as it seems to be an issue with the mouse pad. If you do return this to us we would make sure that no data is lost.

Lewis
The staff were extremely helpful with my order but the item was not in a good state when received - the back was scratched, it did not charge and there was food lodged in the volume control.
When I contacted them, they immediately offered a replacement, which I decided not to accept, so they then issued an immediate refund.
Excellent service: it's just a shame the product let them down.
Hi Mrs Watkins, again we would like to apologies for the product you received. This should never have arrived to you in this state. If there is anything else we can do please do not hesitate to contact us.
Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group is rated 4.76 based on 1,232 reviews