Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group Reviews

Read Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group Reviews

About Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group:

Who are we?

Student Computers new Building
We have been successfully trading since 1996 and we are one of the UK’s most competitive online retailers. Since 2008 we have been thriving in Refurbishment, overstock products and end of line to bring the most competitive prices on the web for your day to day technology. We are based in Birmingham, Minworth in the heart of the West Midlands.

We are very fortunate to have a wealth of experienced people who understand the mistakes that have been made in running an online business and using this best practice approach we look at every order as if it was for ourselves.

No Hidden Charges

Many companies lure you into the checkout where you get to the payment screen and you are forced to pay 1.6% for a PayPal charge or for using your credit card. We do not charge a thing as we want you not only to save on the order you are placing with us but not to hide anything. What you see online is what you pay.

Our Team

We have over 25 Technicians processing just over 500 products every day. We have a Customer Service team answering 100’s of calls and emails per day. Our Customer Service team are also trained to handle Sales, Technical advice and Returns. We do not transfer you to different departments like most companies. We like to deal with your query hands on!

What makes us different?

We offer a huge range of services ensuring you have the best experience when ordering.

UK Customer Service Team
0121 Local Telephone Number to call us on
Live Chat
5 Star Service
Over 10 Years of Online Retail Experience
Full tracking service that keeps you updated via email and SMS text messaging.
Next day delivery reporting, including a 1 hour delivery slot.
Why not put us to the test.

Our aim is simple, to be the best.

Thank you for taking time to read about our company.

All the team.

salesteam@studentcomputers.co.uk

Student Computers, T/A Spotbuyer Ltd
Spotbuyer Limited,
First Avenue,
Minworth

Tell us how Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group made you happy
DODGY COMPANY DO NOT USE!!!!!

I have bought a few pallet loads of tech from this company over the past 4 years and never had a problem with these people, until they sold me a pallet of beats headphones as “untested customer returns”, out of the 200 or so pairs in the pallet, only a handful could actually be repaired, the rest were totally destroyed and would never have been accepted as a return in a shop due to the diabolical condition they were in.
In total I lost about £2,500, not including the time I sat down trying to sort this mess out.

god knows how many people these fraudsters have robbed, but if you’re reading this review, don’t make the same mistake I did
Distrust any company that asks you only to post positive reviews !

It took me 3 weeks to get a refund after they sent me an iPad that was diagnosed remotely by Apple to be faulty. Also, their courier company DPD were dreadful - the ipad sat in their local distribution centre because apparently their scanner was broken ! I ended up having to go and get it. Dreadful service all round.
I’m experience with this company what horrible I recived an iPad 2 which had scratches all over it the screen always went black blank and was very slow.. kind of confused why it was for sale.
Ipad i bought is too slow and freezes all the time ..
Thr head phones already had issue when i just got it.
I purchased a pair of Beats Solo 2 headphones and when they arrived they were faulty - only music cane through one ear!!
Hi Sharon
Really sorry to hear of your problem.
The beats solo headphones cable only works in one direction.
Can you try turning the cable around and plug the opposite end into the headphones.
Hope this sorts it otherwise please call our office on Monday 0121 202 0022
Selling used items as new. Second replacement windows dvd arrived with activation code scratched off. persuing through bank and contacting trading standards.
Hi Euan,

Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you have had with the activation codes, we can only assure you that these items were not knowingly listed incorrectly, we do have a vast amount of different gradings on our website to show the effort we spend into ensuring our customers do get the correctly conditioned items which they have purchased and I deeply apologise you received a faulty and unusable item twice

Further to my email to yourself, I have refunded you in full for this unit and we have launched a full investigation into this, if you would like to discuss this further please do call me on : 0121 202 0022

Again I cannot apologise enough for this

Jordan
"I ordered two 4 metre cables only to be sent two 1 metre cables branded and packaged as 4 metre ones.\r\nLuckily I paid via PayPal and opened a dispute.\r\nI was contacted and asked to send photos which I did but did not receive any explanation as to why I had been sent the wrong cables in wrongly packaged boxes.\r\nI got my refund via PayPal but as a result of the service and no explanation I have no confidence in this company "

*This company still hasn't explained why I was sent the wrong cables but has spent alot of time trying to "bully" me into changing this review and finally resorted to sending me twelve emails in succession requesting me to do so. It's simple....if you relieve poor service with no valid excuse you receive justified poor feedback. Bullying doesn't alter that, good service and fair explanations do"

As you have harassed me into altering my review then here you go!
my left ear speaker does not work.
Morning,

Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you have had with the headphones you have purchased from ourselves

We had not received contact from yourself that you have had issues with the units however I have now sent you all the return details along with a free postage label by email to get this item back with us - we will repair/replace this for you

Again my deepest apologies for any inconvenience caused

Jordan
I ordered the beats pill on the Sunday and when I called on the Wednesday I was assured it was being dispatched that day and when I called on the Thursday to check progress and to see if I could have a tracking number I was told it was still not dispatched this is not the way to run a business S
Morning Graeme,

Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you occurred regarding the dispatch of your order, this was an internal error which we are of course deeply apologetic for

I do hope you now have the item and all is okay with the unit, should you need any further assistance from ourselves please do contact us prior and we will ensure this is done for yourself as a matter of urgency

Jordan
In all fairness up until this week when i had an issue with the laptop i bought from Student Computers i would rated them highly.

I bought a decent spec machine (2TB Drive. 8GB Ram, Core I5) refurbished at a great price complete with a 12 month warranty.

The deleivery service was very quick, the laptop had the slight mark on it as detailed before buying it and until this week i had no real issues with the machine.

1 month out of warranty i started having issues so tried a factory reset several times but each time after going thorugh all the reset etc the machine keeps hanging on boot up (not getting as far as boot). After around 8 resets i emailed Student Computers to explain the issues and that it was now out of warranty asking if they could carry out the repairs for me anyway (fully expecting to pay).

What i did not expect was an email back saying 'we are deeply sorry you are having issues with your laptop but we do not carry out repairs outside of warranty as we specialise in Apple"

They don't tell you this when buyng a Windows based machine and an initial great buying experience (with my first ever refurb machine) has now been .

All in all would i have gone back to them before this? Most definately a YES and had already recommended them to friends and collegues.

Would i ever use them again? Most definately a NO and would advise anyone thinking of buying from them to think long and hard as my machine lasted around 13 months and this company aren't remotely interested.
I purchased an unlocked iPhone and when I received it the phone was locked. The company asked me to return, which I did (this process took over 2 weeks from purchase) Student computers eventually said they did not have the phone I ordered and could not replace it....what a waste of time....I am still waiting for a refund so that I can purchase a phone from a reputable company. Yes they apologised, however they still have my money and no compensation for such a shoddy service.
Afternoon,

Please accept our deepest apologies for the dissatisfaction you feel in regards to issues you have had with your order

Sadly this was a listing error on our side of things for the mix up with the phones which again we can only apologise for, I can confirm today we have received your unit back with ourselves and we have processed a full refund for yourself - please do contact us if you are having any issues accessing the money and we can assist yourself as much as possible

We do of course prioritise customer satisfaction and are deeply saddened that you have had a negative experience, please do contact us on 0121 202 0022 if we can help you any further

Jordan
Sent me an appliance with a faulty battery. Asked them to resend one with a working battery and they could pick up the faulty one. Resent another again with a faulty battery even though i asked them to test appliance before sending. They just settled for a refund once i returned them when all i wanted was a working product.
Afternoon,

We are of course deeply apologetic that the item was received to yourself faulty twice and will review our testing procedures to ensure an issue such as this would not occur again.

We do rate customer satisfaction our highest priority and are devastated you are disappointed with your experience with ourselves, if you are interested in any of our products or need any further assistance please do give ourselves a call on 0121 202 0022 and we can ensure the best deal for yourself to make up for the previous inconvenience caused

Jordan
The controller was definitely not A+ refurbished. The buttons and triggers were sticky, and less responsive as they should have been. The main issue i had was that were was a huge about of yellow grime in between the the Left bumper and Left trigger. All it took was to get and ear bud and scrape it out, but this shows that i highly doubt they even refurbished it, and if so why would this be there, and marked A+! Ripp off! The delivery was ok, and the it did arrive, which is the only reason it gets a star!
Morning, please accept our deepest apologies. We are devastated on how this has arrived to you. We would like to have this resolved for you, could you call us on 0121 202 0022 and I can discuss this further with you? If not please email us and we can resolve that way. Look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards. Lewis, Operations Manager
The Apple Pencil was faulty not working. It costed me a lot of effort and talk with apple till it was confirmed that the problem was in the product itself and not from the iPad .it costed hard reset to my iPad with buying external USB to backup my data from my iPad. Now the pencil has been sent to apple to deal with it. I was under the impression that you inspect your goods before sales. I tried to write you email but always auto-rejected !!!
I would not recommend anyone to deal with you.
Hi Dr Soliman, we have received no email from yourself. Can you confirm the email address you was trying to send this to please? Your product was a Brand New product, we do not take products out of the packaging and test them if they are new I am afraid. If you have any issues dealing with Apple then please contact us via phone 0121 202 0022.

Lewis Rice
Manager
Packaging damaged - internal box split therefore earphones should not be graded as described.
Disc was scratched upon arrival, will not install.
Telephone to customer service reveals that in order to return item, I have to purchase a padded envelope myself at cost to attach a return label to.
I get sent goods that are faulty and have to supply own return envelope, shoddy.
Purchased A+ Graded Lenovo Desktop from studentcomputers.co.uk paid with paypal. received it next day first thing i noticed was it was poorly packaged. the desktop itself was also in poor condition looked more like a grade c to me and it didn't even boot up because it was faulty. so i returned it. it was not easy getting a full refund i had to contact paypal. Avoid
Hi Mr Ahmed, the desktop was listed as a Grade B+. The packaging should of been better and should have arrived safely to you. The return was setup with ease and a collection of your product was also raised straight after the bank holiday. Once received back the order was refunded in full.

Lewis
Terrible service and customer care. Was misled (lied to) about getting replacement TV after the first one was delivered but damaged....items are delivered by Courier but have no additional protective packaging to avoid damage in Transit.Customer care give you false information about quantities. I was told don't worry we will send you out a replacement TV as soon as we receive the damaged TV back despite me pointing out no more were showing on line the reply was " don't worry we have hundreds in stock" most alarmingly though that people considering to buy from this company they offered me the same damaged TV that clearly looked to have been dropped for a £20 reduction....the TV should of been scrapped and not tried to be re-sold again. If I knew this was the type of thing they are happy to do to customers I wouldn't of touched them with a barge pole in the first place.....buyer beware!
Hi Wayne

As per our last emails to yourself we tried to resolve this matter with you. We can only apologise for the experience you had with ourselves, a collection of the product and full refund was provided

Lewis
I bought Print Artist Edition 24, but it would not install. I kept getting error messages - Error 1406 - could not write value to key etc, Error 2932 etc, etc. It is a pain in the neck, but I shall have to return it to Student Computers.
Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group is rated 4.76 based on 1,232 reviews