Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group Reviews

896 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

Who are we?

Student Computers new Building
We have been successfully trading since 1996 and we are one of the UK’s most competitive online retailers. Since 2008 we have been thriving in Refurbishment, overstock products and end of line to bring the most competitive prices on the web for your day to day technology. We are based in Birmingham, Minworth in the heart of the West Midlands.

We are very fortunate to have a wealth of experienced people who understand the mistakes that have been made in running an online business and using this best practice approach we look at every order as if it was for ourselves.

No Hidden Charges

Many companies lure you into the checkout where you get to the payment screen and you are forced to pay 1.6% for a PayPal charge or for using your credit card. We do not charge a thing as we want you not only to save on the order you are placing with us but not to hide anything. What you see online is what you pay.

Our Team

We have over 25 Technicians processing just over 500 products every day. We have a Customer Service team answering 100’s of calls and emails per day. Our Customer Service team are also trained to handle Sales, Technical advice and Returns. We do not transfer you to different departments like most companies. We like to deal with your query hands on!

What makes us different?

We offer a huge range of services ensuring you have the best experience when ordering.

UK Customer Service Team
0121 Local Telephone Number to call us on
Live Chat
5 Star Service
Over 10 Years of Online Retail Experience
Full tracking service that keeps you updated via email and SMS text messaging.
Next day delivery reporting, including a 1 hour delivery slot.
Why not put us to the test.

Our aim is simple, to be the best.

Thank you for taking time to read about our company.

All the team.

salesteam@studentcomputers.co.uk

Student Computers, T/A Spotbuyer Ltd
Spotbuyer Limited,
First Avenue,
Minworth

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group?

David
Verified Reviewer

Needed to buy a good to very good second hand iPhone 6s for my Mother in law.... she doesn't use it enough to warrant buying new and being tied to a contract for ever and ever... A+ grade handset... price that was spot on and delivery was the following day... Doesn't get better than that... I've used Student Computers before and will again...
Verified Reviewer

Kept me up to date with my order, speedy dispatch and delivery. Product was as described. Packaging was secure and fit for purpose. Would use Student Computers again and would recommend them to family to friends.
Unverified Reviewer

Bought a Samsung monitor for my sons birthday to play his Xbox one on fast prompt delivery he has not been off it since would highly recommended buying from student computers
Unverified Reviewer

Bought the Beats Studio Wireless Matte Black. Excellent product. Original Product as I was able to register and update online.
Verified Reviewer

Easy purchase very competitive on price and delivery.
Unverified Reviewer

I ordered the beats pill on the Sunday and when I called on the Wednesday I was assured it was being dispatched that day and when I called on the Thursday to check progress and to see if I could have a tracking number I was told it was still not dispatched this is not the way to run a business S
Morning Graeme,

Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you occurred regarding the dispatch of your order, this was an internal error which we are of course deeply apologetic for

I do hope you now have the item and all is okay with the unit, should you need any further assistance from ourselves please do contact us prior and we will ensure this is done for yourself as a matter of urgency

Katherine
Unverified Reviewer

I bought an A+ refurbished Apple Watch and it arrived in perfect condition with all the packaging. The delivery was also quicker than estimated. I have already recommended Student Computers to family and will be using them again myself in the future.
Katie
Verified Reviewer

Bought an iPhone 5c with listed fault. Fault minimal, great replacement for daughters broken phone at a cost I could afford. Very happy customer.
Brian
Verified Reviewer

Excellent service. Prompt delivery at very competitive price.
Verified Reviewer

Epsom XP-630. Excellent price works brilliantly so far, only had it one week. No complaints.
Verified Buyer
Verified Buyer

Fast delivery, good product condition except the product I bought didn't turn on.
Afternoon Joshua,

Again I can only express our deepest apologies for the issues you have had with the controller you have purchased from ourselves and I completely understand the frustration this may have caused yourself

I can confirm we have processed a full refund for yourself for the controller which I hope you have received?

Should you need any further assistance please do get in contact with ourselves directly on 0121 202 0022 and we will ensure to aid you as swiftly and efficiently as possible

Barry
Unverified Reviewer

In all fairness up until this week when i had an issue with the laptop i bought from Student Computers i would rated them highly.

I bought a decent spec machine (2TB Drive. 8GB Ram, Core I5) refurbished at a great price complete with a 12 month warranty.

The deleivery service was very quick, the laptop had the slight mark on it as detailed before buying it and until this week i had no real issues with the machine.

1 month out of warranty i started having issues so tried a factory reset several times but each time after going thorugh all the reset etc the machine keeps hanging on boot up (not getting as far as boot). After around 8 resets i emailed Student Computers to explain the issues and that it was now out of warranty asking if they could carry out the repairs for me anyway (fully expecting to pay).

What i did not expect was an email back saying 'we are deeply sorry you are having issues with your laptop but we do not carry out repairs outside of warranty as we specialise in Apple"

They don't tell you this when buyng a Windows based machine and an initial great buying experience (with my first ever refurb machine) has now been .

All in all would i have gone back to them before this? Most definately a YES and had already recommended them to friends and collegues.

Would i ever use them again? Most definately a NO and would advise anyone thinking of buying from them to think long and hard as my machine lasted around 13 months and this company aren't remotely interested.
Stuart Clasper
Verified Reviewer

I ordered a refurbished Ipad mini 1 which arrived promptly, securely and nearly as good as new. Very pleased with our purchase and would recommend this company.
Tyrone Busch
Verified Reviewer

I got exactly what I saw and delivered promptly as described on the site. Top Job!
Jim, Lancashire
Verified Reviewer

Very pleased with Microsoft designer Bluetooth mouse. A plus condition as described.
Mick
Verified Reviewer

elite controller arrived quickly very good a grade condition very happy
Verified Reviewer

Amazing service. iPad arrived quickly, perfectly packaged, no reason I can see why it was so much cheaper than from a store. This is my 4th purchase from student computers and I always look here first for any of my family's computer needs.
Unverified Reviewer

I purchased an unlocked iPhone and when I received it the phone was locked. The company asked me to return, which I did (this process took over 2 weeks from purchase) Student computers eventually said they did not have the phone I ordered and could not replace it....what a waste of time....I am still waiting for a refund so that I can purchase a phone from a reputable company. Yes they apologised, however they still have my money and no compensation for such a shoddy service.
Afternoon,

Please accept our deepest apologies for the dissatisfaction you feel in regards to issues you have had with your order

Sadly this was a listing error on our side of things for the mix up with the phones which again we can only apologise for, I can confirm today we have received your unit back with ourselves and we have processed a full refund for yourself - please do contact us if you are having any issues accessing the money and we can assist yourself as much as possible

We do of course prioritise customer satisfaction and are deeply saddened that you have had a negative experience, please do contact us on 0121 202 0022 if we can help you any further

Daniel
Unverified Reviewer

Ordered a beats speaker and it came the next day even though it wasn't expected for 3 days and it didn't have any scratches or dents. Overall, I very pleased.
Unverified Reviewer

We ordered a refurbished Epson EB450wi projector recently for the school. The projector was dispatched and arrived in a few days as promised, we installed it and it worked without a problem (and with 6 months warranty we have extra peace of mind). Very impressed with the service.
Student Computers - Spotbuyer Group is rated 4.75 based on 896 reviews