Stoneacre Motor Company Reviews

27% of reviewers recommend Stoneacre Motor Company

How would you rate Stoneacre Motor Company?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

22 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Frank Bulman

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Stoneacre Motor Company in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Frank Bulman
Verified Reviewer
"The Worksop branch look after my Fiat 500L with the attention you would expect. E.g. Needed a Fiat recall for some electrical replacement in heating system,but they went the 'extra mile' and on there inspection found I needed a new front Spring. I can't praise them enough,would recommend you give 'em a look in. Thanks to staff at Worksop !"
"disgusting company stay away all vw group cars that had emmisions update they try and charge you upto 2 grand to fix egr faults when vw group head office tell them to change it for free . as a greenflag technician for years there mechanics are poorly trained . dont get ripped off stay away"
"If i could give this 0 stars i would!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!!!! I was mis-sold a motor loan i was told my finance was pcp 1 year and a half down the line now i find out from my finance company it is actually a motor loan balloon!!!!!! From the start i was completely ripped off £13500 with a balloon payment of £2000 on a bog standard fiat 500! I am now told i own the car and have to pay it right through until the end ! My car is now worth no more than £6000 and i still owe £10,000 ! Do not trust stoneacre they are con men!!! They will mis sell you!! I was told my finance was pcp !! I am now stuck in 10k debt with a car worth almost half of my debt! Please anybody reading this do not go near this place i would not want anybody to go through this!"
"Really bad dealership, first of all rang me to say they wanted to give me a good offer then tried to sell me a car for £6000 which was full of scratches, and the air con didn't work, they then tried to sell me another car and when I stupidly agreed with this they told me if I didn't get cover for the car and drove away and something happened to the car it would be on my head, they will say anything to sell cars, seem very desperate. Will never go back to buy a car with stoneacre again! I'm now in a finance I'm struggling to even get out of."
M And E Pledger
Unverified Reviewer
"Really disappointed with the handling and booking in repair Service.....from insurance claim ensuring we would be provided with courtesy car ...waiting all morning and spent 2 hours on phone to be told no email had arrived ..spoke to insurance company saga and they also said it had been sent Really bad customer service"
"After agreeing a p/ex price via photos and several phone calls detailing an honest overview of my car, a verbal agreement on valuation was made as long as a purchase was forthcoming in the next 2 days. I agreed and put a deposit down on a car and completed a 5-6 hour round trip only to find out they ultimately had no intention of honouring the agreement and hoped that as I was a captive audience I would just pay another grand out so they made more money. The customer service was also poor, the salesman attending to other customers whilst I sat waiting to complete paperwork and move forwards with a purchase. I would never use this dealership again out of principle and intend to warn potential customers of their practices so others do not suffer the same experience."
"I would give Stoneacre -5 stars if possible. Do not buy a vehicle off these absolute con men. Where do I start. I was 1 year into a finance deal with a fiat 500, took the car for a service and was told it needed £500 worth of repairs on it. Coincidently a letter came through my door the next day advising I could get the finance wiped off my current deal, keep my payments the same, not pay anything until April 2018 and get a newer car as well as a free gift. I though how amazing!! So I called Stoneacre Wallasey branch to enquire. I booked an appointment with someone called Paul for that same day. Went in that evening after work and was greeted by Glynn who told me that Paul was only on a half day. Thinking back now he was probably trying to take the commission from Paul. Glynn originally sold me the Fiat 500 so I already knew of him. I told him I was looking to get something newer. 1.4 at minimum and a 5 door. I saw a Seat Ibiza I liked the look of so took it on a test drive (was only half the test drive it was supposed to be as it was "near closing time"). I was partexting the fiat 500, Glynn told me that as the Fiat 500 had a crack in the back bumper that he was doing me a massive favour because we're "mates" and he was valuing at more than it should be. And if I left to think about it and came back a day or so later I wouldn't have got nearly as much as what he valued it as the "other lads" don't know me. Also that someone else was looking at that particular Seat Ibiza. He advised he was going to get in a lot of trouble the following day as he was doing me such a massive favour. I checked online a few days later and the Fiat value was £3700. Glynn valued it at £3600 so he actually downvalued it. Some favour! So I ended up walking out with a Seat Ibiza on HP for £5995. They added on DiamondBrite, Dent and Repairs insurance and their "warranty" so the total cost of credit came to nearly £9000. I said to Glynn I'd come back as the car hadn't even been cleaned and he said no, bring it back for a valet another day. Excellent customer service. So I left with the Seat Ibiza off the forecourt 2 and a half hours after going into enquire. And guess what! The full finance was not cleared off as I was in negative equity with the Fiat 500, the payments were £80 higher than what I was paying, the car was only a year and 1/2 younger, the payments were due to start this month (not April!) and I walked away with no free gift as apparently you don't qualify for that if you don't put a deposit down. I did have a gut instinct not to get it but Glynn persuaded me to with his scare tactics. The next day, I looked on Stoneacres website and found the exact Seat Ibiza I had purchased online for 4995. I went back into Stoneacre Wallasey as I was not happy with this and was told by Glynn and Dez (Business Manager) that the price on the website was genuine human error and someone was going to get in trouble for it. Then I was told it was because the car was moved from Wrexham to Wallasey. A cars value does not increase by £1000 because it's been moved from one branch to another. After leaving them to look into it they came back to me a few days later and said they would send me a cheque for £1000. The same day the Seat Ibiza's handbrake failed at the top of a steep junction and caused the car to roll back and nearly smash into the car behind me. There was also various other issues. After nearly crashing I was less than happy with the car and spoke to legal advisors who said the car is faulty, you have the right to reject it as you're within your 30 days. So I wrote Stoneacre a letter to do exactly that after being told by the service department that they were "too busy on Saturdays" to look at the fault. I took the car and letter into the dealership that weekend and handed the letter in, they gave me a courtesy car and said they'd look at Seat over the weekend and come back to me on Monday. I told them to not send the £1000 cheque as I was rejecting the car. I hadnt received a call by 5pm on Monday so I called and Glynn answered. His exact words were "there's no fault with the car, we've fixed it all up for you and we're going to apply the diamond brite tomorrow for you then you can come and collect it" I told him I was not taking the car back and he became very hostile and said "it doesn't work like that". I advised I knew my rights and ended the call. Then called back later on a spoke to a very patronising sales manager called Liam. He said I had no right to reject, he wasn't sympathetic or apologetic for the issues I was having. So seeing as the manager lacked such basic customer service, I asked for the number for Head Office. Called the Head Office and spoke to the Assistant compliance manager, Craig Wilson. Yet again, no apology or customer service skills just very patronising and unwilling to listen. He advised they don't agree I have the right to reject however they would unwind the finance as a "gesture of goodwill". Even though they'd vaguely told me "something to do with the brakes has been replaced" but would not tell me what it was. It's funny that a car that's not faulty had to have brakes replaced. He advised very bluntly that I would need to pay the negative equity of 1758.23 for the difference of the value of the fiat 500 and the settlement figure with the finance company in order for them to unwind the deal. I attempted to get assistance from the Finance company however they came back to me to state that Stoneacre had not put the agreement as Hire Purchase (as they told me when I bought it) they had done it as a personal loan. So the finance company could raise it as a complaint but could not force Stoneacre to unwind the deal. They send me the £1000 cheque a few days later (probably a week and a half after telling them not to) so I called the dealership to query why. They didn't have a clue and told me to call Craig. Called Craig and he had no idea. Does anyone have a clue what is going on in this company? I personally think they wanted me to cash the cheque so that I would end up owing them more money. They also kept calling me and leaving sales voicemails about new deals they have on cars and they can get me into a newer car with payments the same. Why? I initially disagreed to pay the negative equity as why should I? I wouldn't have been in this situation had they not mis-sold me a faulty, dangerous car. But with the time running out on having the courtesy car and needing to get to work daily, i went in to Stoneacre Wallasey on Saturday and agreed to pay, in protest, the negative equity balance so they would unwind the agreement and I could be done with Stoneacre. After paying it and Glynn telling me "we're still mates" I was advised by him that the finance had been paid off and everything was sorted. I left feeling relieved that an absolute nightmare 4 weeks was over and I could focus on enjoying my new vehicle that I bought from a reputable local garage. Called the finance company today to be told that they have had no contact from Stoneacre regarding the complaint since 2/11 and it hadn't been paid off. Called Wallasey and Liam told me that it takes 3 working days to go through cancellations and the finance would be paid off "sometime next week" but could not give me a date. Yet again, very short and very patronising. He told me Glynn must have been confusing the old finance agreement being paid off. I advised no, he told me the agreement for the Seat Ibiza was. So I told him I expect it to be settled and also emailed Craig Wilson. Waiting for a reply on that one tomorrow. Also the previous Fiat 500 had its fair share of issues after buying it. It had a leak near the engine which was causing me to breakdown constantly. The car was advertised as a start stop which never worked. After the battery going flat and getting RAC out as i was stranded, they informed me the car was fitted with a normal Toyota battery rather than a start stop one. But I was naive to query it as it was my first car. Another example of mis-selling vehicles. I don't expect many people will read this full review so to cut a long story short DO NOT buy a car from these con men. DO NOT let them bully you into thinking paying 27% APR Is normal if you have bad credit history. If you do buy a car from them, expect problems and probably a faulty car. Expect to pay £2000+ more than the car is worth. Expect horrendous customer service. No follow up calls. No apologies. Sheer unprofessionalism. Don't let them bully you into adding all the "necessary" extras (Diamond Brite on a used car for £995, warranties that cover hardly anything). And if you do have to complain, do not expect a response. Don't bother emailing the "managers" or directors as they won't reply. Or even the concerns email address, they will tell you to then not reply. I honestly don't know how these people sleep at night ripping people off the way they do. All employees clearly have no conscience. I have worked for some bad companies but nothing compares to this. I have never written a bad review or any review for that matter but the amount of issues I have had I would not want another single person to experience something like this. Please support local, trust worthy garages. I have bad credit and have purchased a car Hire Purchase with an APR of 5.6%. Stoneacre made me believe this was not achievable for my circumstances. The only time you can expect contact off this company is when they want money from you. If you have any concerns or issues you will not hear from them and will have to constantly chase. Do not expect to be in business in 10+ years if you continue to treat customers like this and rip people off the way that you do."
"Peterborough Jeep branch .Wanted to purchase a used car from them at the price advertised on the internet.Checked pricing with sales on arrival and test drove car liked it but said could i think about the extras . Rang next day to place deposit but told them i did not need finance or extras and was told a mistake was made and price was suddenly £3000 higher. I was not pleased and did not purchase at the inflated price. Would steer clear of this company as it seems to me they only want to seel under finance and with all the extras and blame there salesmen not getting it right with the quote when you dont take up the extras."
"So bad... really they couldn't care less about any customer. The after service is totally horrendous but they dont care cause its about sales figures not customer service. Would never use again. When you complain the reply is amateurish & just avoid the point of the complaint. They Think joe public is stupid and theres no regulation for service only trading standards but their not interested in service just sales. Surprise stoneacre great at sales. ££££££ ????"
"Terrible customer service experience at the Sheffield branch. I had called the Wolverhampton branch to enquire re. a specific car as they advertise free nationwide delivery. Was told I needed to ask the Sheffield branch if they would transfer it. Went into Sheffield branch the next morning after ringing in advance. Told by salesman that the car was not for sale, despite it being on the forecourt in Wolverhampton, me having spoken to the branch, and it being advertised on the Internet. Salesman claimed the car was not in a saleable condition. It needed too much work doing to make it profitable. They either have the worst business plan or more likely, that was a complete lie and they just didn't want to pay to transfer it over, although they advertise this proudly as a free service on the website. Salesman then tried to sell me same model and make of my existing car they had on site despite me clearly being interested in a different make and model. I suggested another car I had seen online again at a different branch. I was told I could have it on credit with £138 monthly payments. I had to press for further details, to find he was trying to charge me over £8000 for a car priced just over £4000. He then told me I had a bad credit rating so didn't qualify for the 0% finance, which I'm pretty sure no one ever 'qualifies' for, as they make these claims without showing any of the evidence. He said the best I could get was 17.9% APR, which still wouldn't amount to paying double. Salesman then repeatedly told me it was my fault that I had a bad credit history and it was nothing to do with them. He then had the cheek to suggest I'd perhaps missed some previous payments. Funny that I already have a mortgage, previous 0% APR loan, and qualified for a low APR loan in seconds shortly following this. Throughout the ordeal, he repeatedly scuttled to his manager's office, no doubt to come up with more lies. He unfortunately lived up to all the negative stereotypes of a salesperson - rude, arrogant, sexist, condescending and a liar. I will be making a formal complaint."
"Where to start? Stoneacre are really the worst car dealer i have ever experienced. They are rude, don't return your calls, lie to you, dont take responsibility when things go wrong and its their fault. Fobb you off. They dont even deal with complaints correctly. Staff have a couldnt care less attitude. Glad i made the decision to go elsewhere. Their customer service is set in the stoneages its not ok to be arragant in the 21st century. Very upsetting experience."
"Don't bother wasted a full day at fiat liverpool car 2 weeks old noise behind the radio no attempt made to repair aftersales more Arthur daily or fix it again Tony what a bunch of cowboys."
"Once again Stoneacre customer service is appalling. I recently wrote a review stating the issues I was having and by magic I got a call from the salesman couldn't apologise enough promised to get it all sorted and would order my key that I had been waiting for and was promised as it had been supposedly on order for six weeks. So he said he would contact me in seven days to say either the key had arrived or not and if so he would and quote get everything sorted and with a courtesy car. Fourteen days later has he rung NO !!!!.so as his text message on buying the car said THANK YOU FOR TRUSTING Stoneacre WITH BUYING YOUR NEW CAR really I wouldn't trust them to sell me a cup of tea"
"I purchased a Suzuki Alto It required some prep work Mot and paint work They said the car would be ready towards the end of the week I said I would collect it on Saturday Late Friday evening I got a call to say don't come first thing as they needed to finish it So Saturday morning I set off when I got a call to say they maybe another hour So I said by the time the paperwork was completed it would be ready I did the paperwork and was then told they had forgotten to MOT the car so can I comeback Sunday I came back to find that the paintwork was not done properly and they had to rebook it back in on Thursday as they had a better painter on that day I took the car and was told it was taxed but after a few days of checking it wasn't I brought the car to be done and asked make sure it's taxed and to remove a green stain on the seat which was so bad my wife wouldn't sit on it I got a call on Thursday to say it would take a few more days A week later after hearing nothing I got a call to say it would be ready the following Tuesday as they had been waiting for paperwork to tax it I was promised it would be cleaned and fuelled So on Tuesday I collected the car It hadn't been fuelled I had to do it myself The stain hadn't been sorted I had to purchase stain remover and do it myself They promised me a second key after a month I'm still waiting and they said they would call me no they haven't So sorry would I buy a car from Stoneacre Dewsbury again it's a big no from me"
Heather Loader
Verified Reviewer
"I bought my car from Stoneacre in Middlesbrough and I have to say they are brilliant! They deliver what they promise and they are lively to deal with! Special mention to finance manager Mark knaggs!"
Jennifer Grant
Unverified Reviewer
"I bought a car from the Doncaster York Road branch in February 2016. At the time I was told that the car had full service history. When I went to collect the car I was told that the service book was still in the service department which was now closed. The salesman promised that this would be sent out to me along with the MOT certificate, a free service voucher and a diamond brite care kit. I received the care kit but no free service voucher, no MOT certificate and no service book. I emailed the Doncaster branch in April and got no response. I sent a message through the concerns form on the website and I was contacted by a gentleman (Carl Prescott) at the Doncaster branch ensuring me that he would send the information that I had requested. He emailed me a screenshot of a .gov website showing when my MOT was due (no actual certificate) and a free service voucher. When I asked him about the service book he said he would look for it. This was on 12th April 2016. When I hadn't heard anything I emailed again and was told that he was still looking for it. I then didn't hear anything for a number of months until I contacted Carl again to see where we were with this, only to be told that the service book had been posted months ago. I find this very hard to believe considering the fact that it took so long it find it and I was never told that it was on its way. I have also recently contacted Stoneacre about a query with the lifetime warranty but I am yet to receive a reply. Please see the list of email communication at the bottom of this review (all emails can be provided if required). Also, when I bought the car I asked if the rear door had ever been repaired as it looked like the paint was different. I was told that this was not the case, the car had not been involved in an accident and was perfectly straight. The salesman said that the service department had checked this over and everything was OK. The car had to go to a body shop to have the bumper repaired and I had a phone call from them to say that they wanted to make me aware that the car had been involved in quite a serious accident with a lot of sub-standard repairs. The bodyshop said that the dealer that I bought the car from should have made me aware of this at the time of purchase. This is the second car that I have bought from Stoneacre and the reason I went back was because the service was so good the first time (from Stoneacre Seat Doncaster). This time the service has been incredibly poor and I feel I have been mis-sold the car at an extremely inflated price for a car that has been involved in an accident and it would appear has no service history. List of email correspondence: 24/02/16 - Email to Jamie Carr requesting missing documentation - no reply 05/04/16 - Email to Sales requesting missing documentation - no reply 11/04/16 - I completed the 'Concerns' form on the Stoneacre website 12/04/16 - Email from Carl Prescott with a screenshot of the MOT information on the gov.uk website, the most recent Stoneacre service reciept and the free service voucher 12/04/16 - I replied to Carl Prescott asking about the missing service history 12/04/16 - Email from Carl Prescott saying that he would speak to the salesman and keep me posted 11/05/16 - I emailed Carl Prescott to ask about the whereabouts of the service booklet 11/05/16 - Email from Carl Prescott saying that they were trying to locate the service booklet 06/10/16 - I emailed Tony Choppin, Craig Wilson and Jade Hale asking for someone, other than Carl Prescott to contact me to try and resolve this 07/10/16 - Email from Carl Prescott saying that the service booklet had been posted months ago and showing screenshot of HPI check for the vehicle 07/10/16 - My partner replied to Carl Prescott expressing our unhappiness at the service received and the lack of the service booklet 07/10/16 - Email from Carl Prescott to my partner asking to speak on the phone 07/10/16 - My partner replied to Carl Prescott asking to continue to correspond via email should we need to take the matter further. No reply. 18/02/17 - I brought my car to Stoneacre Doncaster for a service. My partner and I explained the problems that we had experienced to the gentleman that was dealing with the service of the vehicle. He was very apologetic and said that he would like to try and put things right for us. He gave a business card with the name of the Dealer Principle and said that he would send him an email and ask him to get in contact with me ASAP to try and resolve the matter. He also said that he would contact me in the next few days to make sure that we had had a response and were satisfied with things moving forward. I have heard nothing since. 19/03/17 - I emailed Stoneacre Doncaster service department through the contact form on the website asking if parking sensors were covered by the lifetime warranty as mine had developed a fault. As yet I have received no reply. 27/03/17 - I have posted on the Stoneacre Doncaster Facebook page asking if the parking sensors were covered by the Lifetime Guarantee. I received a response very quickly asking if I could direct message them and they would pass the details on to the service department. The message has been sent so I will wait and see if I get a reply."
John Phillips
Unverified Reviewer
"All I can say is don't bother, after sales is shocking, repair quality and timing is rediculas. My used 3 year old car is fault after fault, it's been to 3 different stoneacre dealers for repairs, owned the car for 50 days and been in the garage for 22 days so far and on going. They won't refund or exchange the car and say I have to let them keep fixing these different issues."
"I've been waiting for approval of a repair under warrantee by Stoneacre Worksop / Doncaster (bonnet rusting on the underside) for a 2 year old Fiat Panda since August 15. I've contacted them in person / by email / phone easily over 15 times. I've reported concerns to head office, made a formal complaint and still no progress. Of all the times I've contacted them I've only had the promised reply 1 single time, by a receptionist. Its well over 100 days and they still haven't approved it, yet alone fixed it - Utterly pathetic in my view."
"I just wanted to take the time to say a huge thank you to Lee Bell for serving us with such patience. A really nice guy who proved to be very helpful. I would certainly recommend buying a car from this gentleman. His colleague Sean (apologies if not spelt correctly) also seemed to be a really genuine guy. Mr Tony Garvey"
"Excellent service & friendly attitude at Stoneacres Middlesbrough when I bought my Kia Sportage on 07/06/15 by all concerned thank you"
Stoneacre Motor Company is rated 2.09 based on 22 reviews