Startline Motor Finance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Startline Motor Finance
Read Startline Motor Finance Reviews

Tell us how Startline Motor Finance made you happy
I have repayed on time every month without fail, yet I've had false details reported on my credit file resulting in a negative impact on my credit report, i've recency had my vehicle written off by my insurance company so I requested the early settlement figure and near fell of my chair when I saw I'd save about £6 off the total remaining balance if I repayed early plus an additional £180 end of agreement fee, as if they didn't make enough from the interest on the loan and the set up fee at the beginning, absolutely shocking, anyway I arranged the cheque to pay off the balance to be sent to them and its taken them 4 weeks to update my account with the payment so now the cheque payment sent is higher than the current settlement figure due to another payment being debited from my bank and they now owe me the over payed money which they are not very forthcoming with, all in all a really terrible company, customer service is below poor and I cannot and will not recommend anyone to this company, its a competitive market out there so shop around and bypass these cowboys 🤠.
I ring up every month to make additional payments to clear the balance. The operator either pretend that they can’t hear what I’m saying or they tell me something different. This is the first time I’ve had finance and only went with start line because they offered me the best apr which was 15-16%( Iknow this is still high). I was lucky enough to have the money to pay off extra every month or I would be stuck with them for 3 years. But every time I rang them to make a payment there would be an issue. They didn’t want me to make the payment, they would reduce the monthly direct debts payment so I would end up paying longer with them. The phone would crackle, they would pretend they can’t hear me. Confusing stuff about payments. I would avoid them I only used them to start my credit rating. THEY DONT WANT YOU TO PAY THE BALANCE OFF EARLY!
I pay over £280 per month and that takes only £8 off the actual loan amount. The remaining £272 is charged as interest! I do not recommend this company at all. It takes advantage of people who have not yet built enough of a credit score due to being a young age or people with bad credit ratings. Please don't be exploited like I was. Find a finance company with a fairer interest rate.
Brilliant service first class well done
Good company to go with.
Rude customer services team who are extremely unhelpful. Wouldn’t use them again or recommend them to anyone!
Sent everything out pretty quick
I had finace from this company. £3000 over 5 years which in total with intrest would be £6000 paid back. Was easy to arrange .then the shock of paying the loan off 2 years early to only save £100 from the total. Please read any paper work they send you. As you are going to pay most of the monies back if you pay early.
Good company for young people that want to get their first car on finance, very helpful.
On my third separate complaint to the financial ombudsman. The 2nd complaint was acknowledged by Startline as their fault (I was offered £30 in vouchers for hours and hours of stress and inconvenience). Avoid avoid avoid - if you use this company I assure you it will be a significant regret for you! You have been warned. Customer since august 2018, and never again!!
Always keep you informed about account and very friendly on the phone when making enquiries about your account.
Absolutely disgraceful company so much so they need to be avoided at all costs please keep away be WARNED
Fast & friendly service 👍
From the start of my finance Startline Motor Finance have been very helpful always answer enquires and help over come problems when they cropped up. Highly recommend!!
Great communication from the very start All queries answered and actioned straight away Great price Overall great trusted company 10/10
Really pleased with the service from the very start Communication has been spot on and all my queries have been answered and actioned straight away Great price Overall great company 10/10
He struggled for years with my finances and Stallone didn't hesitate and give me a loan for my car their amazing 5* all the way
Been waiting for a call back for 2 days now, shocking services they have addimitted their in the wrong but still trying to blame me and not helping to get my car back.
Too enable finance to start was a quick and simple procedure However Had the car for 15 months and had catastrophic engine failure resulting in 2k garage bill When spoke to startline.. i was told.. we cant help you.. this is the risk of buyimg a second hand car... you are sealed into a contract and if you do not pay... we will repo the car... plus we still need your monthly payment... Thanks real helpful startline I will never use or recommend this company again
I’ve had a great experience with Startline, all agents are very professional & helpful. Easy and simple to get hold of also.
Startline Motor Finance is rated 3.95 based on 42 reviews