Sport Lived Reviews

of reviewers recommend Sport Lived
Read Sport Lived Reviews

About Sport Lived:

Sport Lived is a gap year company which arranges for young people to play and coach sport in Australia, New Zealand & South Africa!

info@sportlived.co.uk

Juliet Huddart-Ouabdesslam
Sport Lived 5 star review on 24th July 2017
Clare Davies
Julie Walsh
A very well organised programme. Socials were great fun and staff abroad were extremely helpful when getting us jobs and changing our programme. A great atmosphere at Space Hotel and staff were friendly and helpful. Overall an amazing experience.
Sport Lived were great, everything from start to finish was easy. All the staff were very supportive on both sides. It was a great experience and I would reccomend it to anyone looking to play sport down under! The people I ended up living with were great, and the cricket club I was at made the whole experience even better! A friendly club that welcomed all us English in with open arms, helping us to develop skills and have fun at the same time! Can’t wait to go back as soon as I can!
Had a fantastic 6 month trip to Melbourne to play cricket. The club Toorak Prahran were very welcoming and involved us as Aussie players. Sport Lived organised lots of events and were on hand if we needed help thanks to Cathy and Jessie. The complete trip was well organised by Sport Lived. Would defiantly recommend them.
I had an excellent time in Melbourne playing cricket and would recommend. One great advantage is the assistance one gets with setting up bank accounts etc. Furthermore the ability to make friends is great with you staying with them for a considerable amount of time and for me that was in Space Hotel where we had the same people in my room. My cricket club was excellent and were a great bunch of lads who will be friends in the future. The ability to play 2 day cricket was a highlight also along with academy training sessions that would go the extra mile. SL are also very flexible and well worth doing.
Personally, I really enjoyed the program. It was exciting to meet people from different countries, learn from them and create bonds with them. Playing in the hockey club was so different back at home and I loved learning and challenging my self to adapt to their play. It was high speed, one touch and everyone was welcoming. The accommodation was not really what I pictured, but in the end I liked meeting random people in the kitchen and talking to them. I also enjoyed having everyone around, that made me realized how much I miss my siblings and that I don’t like being the only child left. Although we did have 4 to a room, it did get quite smelly and messy, but not as much as the lads, in there. Melbourne it self is astonishing. There are new things to try and you have to dig deep to find the cutest places. Living in the city was a huge change for a country girl like me. A bit overwhelming at first but them I started to fall in love with Melbourne. I will for sure go back after uni. It was a fantastic to be able to experience this at such a young age. The academy program was ok. We had a few issues with the PT and our nutritionist but otherwise I enjoyed the skill sessions with Graeme. I think it could be a little more intense than it was. The work out sessions toward the end are amazing and I learned a lot of info on how to lift and what workouts work what muscle. Also adored the ice baths!!! Overall, I would recommend this program to my friends because you get to travel and play the sport or coach the sport you love. It was a great experience I will never forgot and everyone there are outgoing, towards the end it made it seem like they were my second family only after 6 weeks.
Right from the get go they looked after us before and during Melbourne. The staff out in Melbourne are available 24 hours a day and are there a lot at the beginning of the program to make sure you have all your necessary documentation etc. the club I was set up with where amazing and I could not have asked for a better club that made me feel so welcome from day one and I couldn't of found them without Sport Lived. Lastly but certainly not least the people I lived with where amazing and I have made friends for life and it helped so much having a ready made group of friends as soon as you arrive.
I have been so impressed with the help and Sport Lived gave Sam and us both before leaving and during his time in Melbourne. It really made it a pretty stress free experience as a parent, knowing that Sam was having a great time but that there was a safety net there if needed. Would really recommend it as a great Gap year option for anyone who loves sport.
I spent 10 weeks coaching cricket in Melbourne and had an amazing time. SportLived helped support me and the group I was with.
Freddie loved his time in Australia with Sport Lived and is already planning his next trip. Sport Lived were excellent from the off and made sure our lad was well looked after. When we visited over Xmas the Sport Lived staff invited us to the socials and made us very welcome.
Playing football in Melbourne was an awesome experience. The city is amazing and I met so many new friends who I still keep in contact with. The socials were so fun and they gave me a chance to try new things in a new country. The Sport Lived team were there if we needed any help and definitely made me feel comfortable on the other side of the world.
Our son had a great 6 months in Melbourne and his cricket seems to have benefited as he is now in the "elite" training core for his Uni! The flat was well located; he got on well with his flat mates (several he is keeping up with now) and enjoyed flat life - perhaps too much; they played indoor cricket with oranges and we lost most of our flat deposit! He looked forward to the socials Sport Lived organised and, the major sporting events they were given tickets too were mostly top class; sitting in the equivalent position at the Melbourne tennis championships to the Royal Box at Wimbledon can't be bad. Our only concern was that earning money to keep afloat proved tougher than anticipated and at one time threatened to derail the enterprise. There were opportunities to travel (the Great Ocean route) and for sorties outside the City but don't spend Christmas in Melbourne -apparently "it's closed". Sport Lived were our "comfort blanket" for what was, for our son, a hugely maturing, fun and memorable experience. He can't wait to go back and see all his Melbourne friends again!
We booked some way in advance for my son to travel to Melbourne and play a full season of rugby with Melbourne RFC. Unfortunately, two months before travel my son ruptured his ACL whilst playing for his local club and had to have reconstructive surgery. Sport Lived gave us the opportunity to cancel - however, we made the decision that as my son had organised a year out for this purpose, and he had no other plans, we would continue with the trip minus the rugby matches! My son found the accommodation top class (Space Hotel) and Jessie and Kathy wonderful - Kathy organised some brilliant days out for the. Due to a last minute price increase (the Brexit vote!) he had to stay in a four man room and not the two man room, as organised. I would say that for a six month stay, a two man room would have been preferable. The rooms do not cater solely for SL - my son did have a constant change in room mates (not SL) - not always favourable! The rugby players (there were only a couple of them) arrive between seasons. When my son arrived, he said there were far more SL summer attendees, which he preferred. Three months into his six month trip, he said it was much quieter and less attendees for the winter sports (plus Melbourne weather does start to deteriorate!). Overall, he had a great experience - we would recommend SL to any sport loving individual who is interested in combining travel and sport for their gap year.
Had a great time in aus!
Awesome experience! Everyone involved was incredibly friendly and helpful.
Brisbane was amazing, playing with the red heavies was exactly what I needed. Everyone at the club was friendly, and made me feel at home. The quality of coaching and players really pushed me to work hard and become a better player. Sport lived was well organised and John was an absolute legend taking us surfing and to see a few reds game amongst other activities he organised for us.
Sport Lived looked after my son and seemed to give just the right balance of supervision and independence. Great transition between living at home and Uni.
Our son did both cricket and football whilst out in Melbourne. He had a great time there and was kept very busy with the coaching and playing opportunities that Sport Lived had arranged. I felt he was well looked after, and the local representatives were very quick in responding to the one or two questions that we had. All in all an excellent way of spending part of a gap year.
My son enjoyed his stay in Brisbane and was looked after well
Sport Lived 4 star review on 5th September 2017 Sport Lived 4 star review on 5th September 2017 Sport Lived 4 star review on 5th September 2017
I went on the Sport Lived rugby union academy programme in Brisbane and had a fantastic experience that will stay with me forever. The coaching I received over there from both the Academy itself and the University of Queensland Rugby Club was top class. Unsurprisingly many professional players and even Wallabies have come from the setup at UQRFC. There were a few inconsistencies in what was advertised as included in the Academy, for example there was no nutritionist but there were sports psychology classes. The sportlived contact out there, John Mitchel, was brilliant, helping out with anything and everything along with organising some excellent socials. The premium accommodation I stayed in whilst I was there was very high quality and I would definitely recommend it. I would strongly recommend a Sport Lived programme to anyone thinking about going on a high level sporting gap year!
Sport Lived 4 star review on 4th September 2017
Just being able to have a once in a lifetime opportunity that perhaps not many people will get to experience coaching and refereeing abroad in their chosen sport or activity.
Sport Lived is rated 4.58 based on 81 reviews