Splosh Ltd. Reviews

of reviewers recommend Splosh Ltd.
Splosh is a great company with excellent values and customer service. My favourite product are the dishwasher tabs which I buy regularly. Unfortunately I don’t rate the washing up liquid
I felt in love with your service, but the fact you gave up on refilling is likely stopping me to buy more of your products
I love that is am not using plastic bottle but the products price are pretty high compared to high street prices.
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. It would be interesting to hear which specific products you are referring to. You can contact us at hello@splosh.com
However, just to let you know that you now have the option to subscribe to any of our refills saving 10%. You can set the frequency to whatever you wish ranging from 2-20 weeks and you can pause and cancel these at any time.
We have just also launched our new value laundry detergent https://www.splosh.com/refills/value-laundry-detergent-refill the subscription price is just 16p a wash.
Don't forget that when ordering refills alone they are free delivery!
We would also suggest keeping an eye out on the website as we may have more updates coming soon!
Thank you again for your feedback.
Packaging felt excessive
Thank you so much for reply. Our aim here at Splosh is to try and reduce as much plastic waste as possible. We are very interested to know what packaging you feel is excessive as this feedback would really help our team. If you are able to email us at hello@splosh.com we could help you further understand our packaging process. Our refill boxes are designed to be small enough to fit through your letterbox and our starter boxes contain no plastic packaging and the packing chips are made from starch and so are home compostable and they even dissolve in water!
I really love reducing my plastic usage, and the mail order concept is brilliant. The best products i am receiving from Splosh are the dishwasher tablets and the laundry fabric softener. These are great, and work just as well as the familiar brands i was using before. I have noticed since i made the switch to Splosh though, that my hands are so dry, and i have started to develop a bit of eczema on my knuckles which i have never suffered with before. I haven't figured out which product it is that is doing it, as i am using the kitchen cleaner, washing up liquid and hand soap. But i have never had such dry hands before, so there is definitely a correlation.
Hi Kylie, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have these skin issues. Our products are not toxic, we use plant-derived ingredients where we can and our laundry detergents are skin sensitivity tested. A reaction to any laundry, personal care or home cleaning product is most likely caused by sensitisation to particular fragrance elements. So it may be the particular fragrance in the hand gel or washing up liquid that is causing this. We would also suggest using home compostable rubber gloves for washing up and cleaning. We do have a fragrance free kitchen cleaner that we could send you to try if you would like to email us at hello@splosh.com then we can help you further. Thank you again for your review.
Spillage of liquids
Hi Michelle, we are so sorry to hear this. This is quite a rare occurrence. We have emailed you to see if we can help resolve the situation for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
The delivery of the initial bottles was a bit of a mare, due to the delivery company delivering it to the wrong street, however, Splosh did make every effort to resolve the matter. So far the cleaners that I have used (Kitchen and toilet) seem fine and work as I would expect. I have yet to try the refills so cannot comment there. What I would request is, because I am allergic to perfumes amongst other things, I would like un perfumed/fragrance free shampoo and hand soap to be considered when extending the ranges.
liquid soap and toilet wash are not dissolving 100%, nice smelling product. Seems to work well.
I love the concept of reusable packaging for detergents/toiletries, something which hasn't been possible since Body Shop stopped offering refills in their shops in the 80s. I'm not too fussy about a spotless home or my whites being 'whiter than white', but the scent of the products I find rather offputting, particularly the shower gel which I did not reorder. My other criticism is of the pomegranate washing up liquid - again I'm not keen on the scent, I'd prefer something 'fresh' rather than fruit flavours (I've tried the other one but thought I'd try the range) - I followed instructions but it still comes out quite gloopy and I needed to dilute further. I'd love Splosh to succeed, given the lack of facilities for collecting 'hard to recycle' packaging, but am hesitant about recommending because of the above. On the delivery side, there has been the problem (already reported) of the post office not delivering through my (large) letterbox because several boxes were rubberbanded together, probably by them. I've got round this by ordering items a few days apart, but that's more admin for me! On the plus side the customer service is excellent and price is good if you work out the cost per use. Thanks for listening to feedback and keep up the good work! Mary
Cleaning products for the house are great - have tested dishwasher liquid, toilet cleaning, kitchen and bath cleaning - all fab and strong 4 stars - will buy again. Unfortunately the product for the body a disaster - my son got an allergic reaction to the hand soap and I had to throw this away after 2 days of use. The body soap make me smell like a floor cleaning product - threw away after 3 days use - just doesn't do the job. Still love the idea and concept of this brand and hope yo will develop your products further. KR/Paula
The products we have tried are good, the downside I think is the price. We converted because we felt guilty about the plastic and wanted to take that out of the equation as best we could. The products I find no better or worse than the regular products we replaced from the supermarket. The prices I find much higher. I can't bring myself to order the dishwasher tablets yet, I can always get finish dishwasher tablets for around 12.5p each on offer (which they permanently seem to be) in comparison splosh's dishwasher tablets are 25p each (currently looking at the 'smol' tablets which are 15p, much closer to what I'd expect). Similar story when you compare original source shower gel to Splosh shower gel. Happy to use the Splosh gel but it's costing me double! I'm no expert just a typical nube who has become aware of plastic issues through Hugh's war on plastic & David Attenborough... a member of the general public looking to do better, there are stacks of us but times are hard! Regarding the bottles, our washing up liquid bottle lid has broken after 4 refills of use (just the cap at the top) but the rest of the bottles have been fine. I really hope Splosh are working to keep the product as economical as possible so more people can afford the product, I know they are a small company and that can make it harder to compete, I love the concept and our plastic waste has reduced massively but I fear the masses won't make the change until prices are comparable (no point comparing to RRP's it's the permanent offer prices that everyone buys at).
I really like the idea of being able to buy concentrated refills and save on packaging and that's what attracted me to the company in the first place. I absolutely LOVE the jasmine laundry powder whic, like all of the products, has a very pleasant but not too overpwoering scent. However the problem I have is with the refills - I have refilled my washing up liquid a number of times and every time it is almost impossible to get the concentrate and the water to mix. I follow the instructions to the letter and add hot water etc. but it doesn't seem to matter what I do, it remains as mainly a very thick layer at the bottom with a thin watery layer on top. I have arthritis in my hands, so squeezing the bottle to get the thick goopy 'liquid" out really hurts my hands. Because of this, I am reluctant to buy other refills which need mixing and as such, that rather defeats the object of your company. It is a great shame as i love the principal, but it just doesn't work for me....
Great idea unfortunately my second order took ages to come and I had to go back to supermarket laundry powder , your customer service was great though when I called about it and I will continue to use your products
The products are OK. I like the foor cleaner on my wood floors but it doesn't have the cleaning power to deal with all the mud the dogs track in on my utility room floor - it's a non-slip tiled surface and really hard to clean. The washing-up liquid is OK. I really didn't like the laundry detergent and so now I've got 2 containers made of thick plastic that I have no use for. I now try a sachet of a product before buying the bottle it's meant to go in. (Floor cleaner is fine in liquid detergent bottle!)
Very happy with the Splosh concept and environmental cause but the replacements I bought were leaking and most of the box wet.
Love the idea behind refillable bottles but really don't like the laundry products. Didn't seem to get clothes as clean as other brands and the smell was awful. Kitchen cleaner was brilliant, have already bought refill, so was washing up liquid.
I like what has come when it eventually did. Just a shame I had to buy more washing up liquid whilst waiting for it to come. Will get there eventually.
Great products, with a great eco concept. I am very environmentally aware and love the idea of the refills and returning the pouches for recycling. Unfortunately I have had lots of issues with delivery and items not being received..., so please sort this out.
Delay in delivering my first order but now it's here the dishwasher tablets are good. Possibly a bit pricey but better cleaning results than other brands. As always you get what you pay for.
The products are good and I am happy with quality. But the delivery takes far too long. I’m still waiting for an order I placed over 1 week ago.
Splosh Ltd. is rated 4.85 based on 1,803 reviews