Speed Screed Limited. Reviews

of reviewers recommend Speed Screed Limited.
Read Speed Screed Limited. Reviews

About Speed Screed Limited.:

We are a Multi Award Winning Floor Screeding Company. We offer our services across the UK and we offer our Clients with a 10 Year Guarantee.
We are CHAS, SMAS and Constructionline Accredited. All our work meets or exceeds The British Standards.
ISO 9001:2015 (Quality) & ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental)

+448002425589

andy@speed-screed.com

5 Ebor Court
Trinity Park
Retford

Tell us how Speed Screed Limited. made you happy
The job they did for me was perfect. The guys worked really really hard, They were very efficient. I would absolutely recommend them to others. Great Team
Everything ran smoothly. Mario was a great guy. I would use Speed Screed again 100%. I would recommend
The screed looks really nice and smooth. I have no complaints, everything looks fine. I would recommend them to others.
Everything went alright on the day. The screeders left the site as they found it. I would recommend Speed Screed to other. I Would use this company again sometime in the future.
The guys worked really hard. I would give the guys on site a full out of full. I would recommend them.
The screed all looks pretty good. Everything went to plan. I would give this company a 5 out of 5. I have already recommended Speed Screed to others.
Speed Screed did a good job. They left the site fine, no problems there. I would recommend them to others.
Great turn around time from first contact to works being complete. Great price and the team that carried out the works were respectful and most importantly did a fantastic job. Would 100% use them again.
The project went very well. The site was tidy when they left. I would recommend this company. I would use them again in the future.
They do a good job. I would recommend them. We have used Speed Screed for the past two years.
Just had my screeding completed by Speed Screed and the full team were fantastic right from the estimating team with Jack and Joe through to the operations manager Dyan. The lads on site were very clean and tidy would definitely recommend and have on future jobs.
Speed Screed have just completed a project on my home and I couldn’t be happier. Smooth process from start to finish, I spoke to one of the Estimators who took down my requirements and I received my quote within the hour, I opted to use Speed Screed and went ahead booking in the job. Dyan contacted me to confirm the job was booked in and contacted me again prior to the job being completed. The lads who turned up on site were brilliant and left my site clean and tidy. Any future projects will be going straight to Speed Screed.
Very poor customer service and quality of work. A date was made to lay the floor screed and the materials were delivered the day before, all fine. The night before they were due Dyan WhatsApp'd me to say the clutch on the van had gone and they were trying to get a hire van. Another WhatsApp later saying they were not going to make it, it would have to be the following day (Friday) which i do not normally work, so had to make a special journey from Guildford to Poole especially to meet the screeders.
I met the screeder and his labourer on site and they knew nothing about the breakdown!!
I showed them around the floor to be screeded which had underfloor heating laid in four different circuits. All of the circuits had been filled with water and were pressured to 3 bar. Whilst looking around the floor the Eastern European guy said 'you've got a leak'. There was water spraying from a hole in one of the pipes. It transpired that the labourer had laid a plank of wood from the garden onto the floor- the plank of wood had a screw protruding out which had made the hole.
I raced around Poole to find a roll of underfloor heating pipe long enough to replace the circuit. Eventually i found a roll long enough for the circuit and returned to site to remove the damaged pipe and re lay the new. Unfortunately this circuit could not be tested. In future conversation from Dyan he asked why i had replaced the pipe and not carried out a repair!
I was aware that the original floor ran out of level but i was going to rectify this by the means of latex screed. The Datum point was given to the screeder but he has not kept to this and has run his new screed 20mm out of level from the front of the house to the back. Your brief email back to me mentioned the blockwork. No conversation was ever had regarding this and i am not sure what this has to do with a Datum point. I now have a small lip where the Bifold doors are to be installed. Furthermore i have great concerns over the integrity of the screed at the low end. Not sure now how much coverage of screed there is over the underfloor heating pipes.
Some parts of the screed have started to dust up. When mentioned to Dyan he said it should have been covered with protective sheets. NO, the reason it has dusted is because the screed was too dry. I was there when the screeded told the laboured this! There was also some inconsistency with the mix. You could clearly see different colours of screed when it was first laid.
I have requested a site meeting to discuss matters but this has been ignored. I foolishly paid 100% upfront so now have no leverage against them.
Thank-you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry for falling short of your expectations on this occasion.
Speed Screed take quality very seriously and are the only screeding company in the UK that is
• ISO9001 Quality System Management accredited
• Best Practice Representatives in the annual Construction and Engineering Parliamentary Review
• Offers a 10 year guarantee
• and we always aim to provide the best service to our clients. We regret that we didn’t deliver our greatest services to you and your project.
As part of our ISO9001 Quality System Management, we completed a Pre-Start Checklist. This document ensures that both parties are aware of any potential issues before the work commences.
It was identified that the proposed finished floor level was out by 15mm between the existing floor and the brickwork. The implication of this was that to hit both required datums, the floor could not be laid level. The issue was discussed with Mr Berry, and he authorised the work to proceed in full knowledge (site checklist attached).
After the work was completed, we arranged for our senior foreman Lee to attend site as requested by Mr. Berry to discuss the issues highlighted. It was again established and agreed that the floor was out by 15mm as stated in the Pre-Start Checklist which Mr. Berry Signed.
One option to get around the 15mm difference in the two original datum points, was to latex the screed (latex was already required due to thin floor coverings being laid).
As a gesture of good will Speed Screed paid for the cost of latex required to deal with the datum issues.
It is very unfortunate that an underfloor heating pipe was damaged during the process, and Speed Screed covered the cost of the underfloor heating pipe and the labour to install it.
Speed Screed can only work with the substrate and datums provided, reporting any potential issues for client consideration.
All of Mr Berry’s feedback has been considered by the whole team here at Speed Screed. Speed Screed are the only screeding company in the UK that is ISO9001 accredited and we always aim to provide the best service to our clients.
A great friendly company you can trust. First class service and advise!
Very Good Job. They left everywhere clean and tidy. 5 out of 5. I would highly recommend them to others.
The lads did a lovely job and I am very pleased with what they did. Good set of lads and they just got on with it. Really Good Job.
Speed Screed Limited. is rated 4.74 based on 163 reviews