Speed Screed Limited Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Speed Screed Limited

Eaton House, 3 Amelia CourtTrinity Park

How would you rate Speed Screed Limited?

69 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Joan Ashurst
Had underfloor heating and screed laid in my kitchen by speed Screed they did a super job. Very happy with the results. Would recommend the company.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Speed Screed Limited in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Joan Ashurst

Audrey Mitchell
Unverified Reviewer

Great quality flooring, super service.
Hayley
Verified Reviewer

Fantastic company to deal with, friendly staff who are extremely helpful.
Verified Reviewer

Very quickly reply to emails
Verified Reviewer

Extremely disappointing that Speed Screed would not visit to investigate a potential screed defect. I would not recommend.
Project Background:
18 months ago, Speed Screed completed a large commercial project for George Hurst & Sons Limited, and unfortunately this 150-year-old business went into administration (attached image) leaving a long of creditors without payment for their services.

Within the last week we were approached by Gemma Hinchliffe from NPS Group (Barnsley based architects practice), who requested a site visit to examine an area where some carpet tiles had lifted.

Despite not having been paid we respond by saying that we would be happy to visit site and produce a report, however considering not having been paid for the work in the first place (due to George Hurst going into administration), there would be a charge.

Travelling time to site, accessing the prevailing conditions, and producing a report on those findings would take in the region of 5-6 hours, plus fuel costs. A professional survey rate of £300 is well below standard industry survey rates.

NPS Group have no contract with Speed Screed, and to demand that we attend site at our own costs when we have not been paid for the work leaves me at a loss.

If our original invoice is settled in full, then we would be happy to attend site at no cost, as we would if requested by any client.
Tom Holland
Unverified Reviewer

Happy as always with the job Speed Screed did for us. No problems the guys get a speedy job done!!!!Will carry on using the company in the future. 5 star work.
Chris Cramley-Hawke
Unverified Reviewer

The project completed by Speed Screed was fine. There were certain access issues but logistics sorted that out. The lads were great and the job was finished and site left clean and tidy. 5 star job lads!!!!
Chris C
Verified Reviewer

Screed was laid well, guys were great. Waited 17 days to be sure the fast drying screed was dry as we had plastering completed before having the moisture test completed by Speed Screed which cost me £550+VAT. the guys who arrived didn't know the product and advised another 7 weeks as they said the moisture content was too high. Spoke to speed Screed on numerous occasions and they very rarely returned my calls. finally after 8 days the operations manager said he would confirm via e-mail that the moisture content was fine as the moisture testing technicians had given the wrong information but then finished off by stating that the floor covering contractor needs to complete a moisture test. now considering i'm the contractor who paid their bill in good faith and that i'm the one laying the floor, what the hell did I pay them £550 VAT for? I've used this company many times before and experienced a problem before. when there is an issue they want to not be culpable in anyway. the operations manager hasn't replied to my e-mail or returned my calls. I will definitely NEVER use them again. Awful customer service for such an important part of your building project.
Hello Chris,

We are glad that the screed was laid well, and you had no issues with the quality of the workmanship.

I'm sorry to hear that there has been confusion with regards to the moisture reading; the test was conducted and gave a reading of 2.6-3.0% (as per the report sent to you). The moisture reading was carried out by an independent moisture contractor, and not Speed Screed (all technical information was passed to the contractor).

This information should then be used in conjunction with data supplied by your flooring contractor/flooring manufacturer (the percentage moisture from the test against the required percentage moisture from the flooring manufacturer). The test result was within the guidelines of 95% of floor coverings; however, how moisture tolerant a floor covering is should be determined by the floor manufacturer. There should a target moisture content from the manufacture of the floor covering, and then the test is to see if the moisture meets the required reading.

It should be noted that how quickly a screed dries is dependent on the environment in which it is placed, and it was noted that plastering works took place after the screed was laid, which would have introduced large volumes of moisture into the said environment. Notwithstanding the additional of extra moisture the screed still performed to expected guidelines.

Kind Regards,

Speed Screed Ltd
Rod Lewis
Unverified Reviewer

The screed job was excellent and the guys were very polite and left the site tidy. I would use Speed Screed again. Excellent service 5 stars.
Jon Hager
Unverified Reviewer

Speed Screed did a brilliant job. Couldnt fault the work and the guys cracked on and got the job done!!! Already recommended you to my customers. Will be in touch for our next project for sure. 5 star service.
Chris Lowes
Unverified Reviewer

Really happy with the project completed with Speed Screed worked with you several times before and always a successful result. The latest project was a little tricky but the staff dealt with it well and the project got completed on schedule.
Rosemary Muruzzi
Unverified Reviewer

Very happy with the job completed. Had a small issue with a delivery truck that was slightly large to get to the site but the issue was resolved quickly and efficiently. The men were friendly and polite. I would recommend Speed Screed!!!!
Martin Wright
Unverified Reviewer

Very happy with the job completed, the staff were very polite and friendly. The area was left clean and tidy. Good job done by the speed screed team.
Wayne Holtom
Unverified Reviewer

Only used them once at Coors brewery, Burton on Trent. Superb job done. Couldn't do enough for us.
William Murray
Unverified Reviewer

Speed Screed have completed many projects for us but unfortunately this job had a few issues with the finish. Happy with jobs they have done previously, but wasn’t happy with this project.
Roy Blake
Unverified Reviewer

I am very happy with the service I received from Speed Screed, they always deliver a 1st class job. Always a good set of lads sent to site and I will always use them to price any jobs I have that need Screeding. Only thing I could maybe say is there were lots of materials left behind after the job, not sure is they may be over estimate when quoting.
Steve Lawrence
Unverified Reviewer

I wouldn’t go anywhere else other than Speed Screed. I have used them on a couple of jobs now and both sets of lads which were sent out to do the job were absolutely spot on. They also left the site clean and tidy when they packed up and went home. The firm runs extremely smoothly, the quotes are easy to understand and the prices they give are as expected. The lads come to site on the day which is proposed and get on with the job with no problems. I highly recommend this firm.
John Thatcher
Unverified Reviewer

I have used Speed Screed 4 or 5 times now over the past couple of years and will carry on returning. This firm runs like clockwork and never have any problems. Always a good set of lads sent out to site.
Malcom Bramhall
Unverified Reviewer

I’m happy that I went with Speed Screed, the guys come to site did the job and left, they were very quick and just got on with it. I will be using them again in the future.
Unverified Reviewer

I would definitely recommend Speed Screed to anyone who requires Screed. I am very happy with how the Screed has turned out and the guys that were sent to site were very nice. There were a bit of sand left behind but weren't a problem at all just got rid of it. I will be using them again in the future for sure.
Speed Screed Limited is rated 4.83 based on 69 reviews