Southstar Plumbers Ltd Reviews

02088773363

southstars@outlook.com

43 Armoury WayLondonSW18 1HQ

Tell us how Southstar Plumbers Ltd made you happy
Failed to reply to two emails asking for help.
Called them out to an emergency water leak. Was told that any charges on top of the call-out would be agreed first. In the event they carried out work without my approval and charged £549 for 20 minute job. When I refused to pay any more than the call-out charge as the work had NOT been agreed, I got a call in the middle of the following night saying they were going to disconnect the water mains in the pavement which they did causing the vault below to flood. I reported this to police but they are still chasing me for money. COWBOYS. AVOID at all costs.
These people are crooks. They took advantage of my son hi has mental health issues. He called them out on a Saturday because a radiator had a minor leak. Instead of saying that it could wait until Monday, they took two hours to change a valve and charged him £700 pounds. Their charge out rate is £255 per hour. When we spoke to they said we can charge what they like and are doing nothing illegal. Shameless and unapologetic. They even referenced Covid 19 as a reason why they charge so much. Totally immoral people who won’t be bothered by this in the slightest but just be warned.
ftrtrttrtrtrtr
Please don't use this company.

Called them because my neighbour informed me some water was coming through downstairs, the plumber arrived within the hour (the only good thing) he was then on site for an hour after which, some glue was put around the dial/control for the waste/drainage control (that has not been in use for months and also was not the cause of the fault. This was done by a careless mistake in an un-finished bathroom by myself and my soaking wet shower flower), he proceeded to give me some long and confusing story about the payment system being broken, however this was not my issue. When I initially called them I was told it would cost £90 + vat for the callout, after the engineer had arrived i then received an email stating that i also needed to pay £195+vat for the engineer to stay for 1 hr to diagnose and resolve the issue. My bill was £342 incl vat and all I received was glue around a dial. After which on MOTHERS DAY!! I received a call saying their pay pal system was down and I needed to make a bank transfer, to which I replied I would make the transfer once the funds were returned to my account. I then received a rather rudely worded email as well as a further phone call on the Monday stating If I did not make payment by the friday of that week 5% would be added to my bill. THE ABSOLUTE CHEEK! not only had I already paid on time they were then attempting to threaten me with a higher bill even though I had made payment on the night with the engineer taking photographic proof.

I used them because this leak happened late at night and I had no other choice, as all other plumbers at reasonable rates were going to be a few hours and I didnt want to wait. Using this company and receiving the bill I did has very much taught me the value of patience.

Will not be using again. Also the PayPal payment went through fine and was never returned to my account. So if I had paid again as they had wanted I would have paid twice and it probably would have take a very long time to get a refund from these people.
I would like to reinforce what Cameron had to say about South Star Plumbing since I had a similar experience.
AVOID SOUTH STAR.
When I initially called I was asked for my card details which I refused.
No one attended the scheduled appointment or called. I did chase them up and was told their van had broken down.
They did eventually arrive the next morning. After starting the work I was presented with an invoice with their rates, which did not reflect the rates on their website and the figures quoted when I called the office.
They took a ridiculous amount of time to complete a simple task, when compared with other plumbers carrying out the same task.
They eventually said they needed parts to complete the job. They were gone for an extended period of time. On returning the item had no packaging and was open. They were unable to produce a receipt after several requests.
The cost of fixing a leaking tap, which they were unable to do and suggested I needed new taps and securing the pipes under the sink was extortionate.
What a great pity that skilled young men feel the need to cheat, steal and scam in order to make a living.
Southstar Plumbers Ltd is rated 2.82 based on 11 reviews