Southgate Timber Co Reviews

8PM

Tell us how Southgate Timber Co made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Live Chat
"Good quality timber, functional online ordering system, and helpful staff. Have ordered from them a couple of times for delivery to a residential address in London, and was very happy both times. They texted me to let me know when my delivery window would be, and arrived promptly both times."
Are you Southgate Timber Co? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Southgate Timber Co receives. Reply Free
"Spoke with Mark a few times and found him very knowledgable and helpful. Product arrived within 24 hours of ordering. Would use again"
"The guys at Southgate Timber really helped me solve a tricky problem where i needed a 3meter long room threashold custom made as only shorter lengths were available elsewhere. I approached them with a simple (bad) drawing and with their expertise and knowledge they helped me get the design right first and then choose the correct wood (light oak), they then machined and delivered the threshold for a very reasonable cost, its a perfect fit, looks incredible and wouldnt have been done without their assistance."
"Mark and his colleagues are very efficient and reliable."
"I carried out quite a bit of research to find a company that would give me what I wanted. I was undertaking a fairly large decking project in my back garden so wanted the word quality to be top notch. I am so glad I went with Southgate Timber. Mark and the staff were very very helpful in advising me on wood, quantity, build, treatment etc. The Yellow Balau I received was second to none, and for my builder to be impressed thats saying something. Thanks Southgate Timber. I would thoroughly recommend you to anyone."
"I ordered 2k of Ballau timber. When i came to install the decking wood i found that 30% of the wood had severe woodworm. Some of the wood was warped or watermarked from long and bad storage. And finally I found LIVE TERMITES. Of course i complained but those complaints were ignored. DO NOT BUY TIMBER FROM HERE."
"Ordered and paid for hardwood decking posts but when our builder went to collect he had to reject them due to black marks cracks and water marks spoiling their appearance. He emailed photos and we were appalled. He was only offered longer posts which were fine but cost a lot more and we did not need that length so waste of good wood and money. Emailed the company but no response this is no way to do business.. Will not deal with this company again and not recommend."
"We were searching for a while for the right timber for a job in the garden. Mark was very helpful and we have just ordered some gorgeous red cedar for our planter project! Cant wait for it to arrive. Thanks Southgate timber!"
"I ordered £800 worth of western red cedar for a fencing project, it should have been top quality for the price but 10% of the boards were write-offs, big knots holed through, rough finish not PAR, or just plain damaged. Got a refund in the end but took plenty of arguing with customer service. Simple solution, check what you send out first."
Southgate Timber Co is rated 3.78 based on 9 reviews