Southern Mortgages Reviews

of reviewers recommend Southern Mortgages
Read Southern Mortgages Reviews

About Southern Mortgages:

In the heart of Southend-on-sea, Southern Mortgages is built on the grounds of strong financial knowledge, a wealth of experience and a fierce passion for saving people money. Whether you’re a first time buyer looking to secure your new home, or a buy-to-let professional looking to extend your portfolio, you’ll be in safe hands with our expert mortgage adviser team to make your financial situation as hassle-free as possible. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch today, and find out what we can do for your loan or mortgage.

Tell us how Southern Mortgages made you happy
Making my life easier!
Alot of things in my life are a struggle at the moment, however getting a mortgage with the help of JC financial solutions couldn't have been easier, James helped me work through paperwork and understand everything that I need to know, he made promises which he kept to and I've been left happy and blessed. James and his team were amazing and lovely to work along side. I would highly recommend JC financial solutions
This is the third time that we've used James. He's very professional & makes sure we are clear every step of the way. We won't be going anywhere else!
Mortgage Agreement

JC Financial Solutions have recently helped my wife and I secure a mortgage to buy our new home. We had to work through our finances and choose the right mortgage for us but JC Financials, and in particular Sue Briscoe were there every step of the way. They’re experts in their field and took their time to research our individual circumstances but most importantly are dedicated to customer service. Sue Briscoe has been my mortgage adviser and at times my personal advisor. I cannot speak more highly of the team, working with JC financials has definitely taken the stress out of buying a house!
Highly recommended

My husband & I have been clients of JCFS for sometime now & they always go the extra mile to make things easier & keep us up to date. I'd have no hesitation in recommending them to my friends and family.
Informative, helpful and friendly company.

Can't sing the praises of this company enough. Very informative from start to finish with my mortgage and explained everything every step of the way. They also helped arrange my life insurance cover too which was hassle free.

They took a lot of the stress out of sorting my mortgage that I thought I was going to get and I can't thank them enough.

I will definitely be recommending them to everyone I know.
To get a mortgage.
How did James Courtenay help you?
From start to finish with our mortgage. Could not have gone through the process without him.
Absolutely.
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
Uncertainty over which mortgage to get.
How did James Courtenay help you?
Was very honest about the various mortgage products available helped us to make a decision that felt right.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
Yes we are happy with our current mortgage.
Nothing springs to mind
Needed a mortgage.
How did James Courtenay help you?
Advised on the various types of products available, provided options that met our needs and then assisted with the application process for the chosen mortgage.
N/A
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
James assisted me in getting my first mortgage.
How did James Courtenay help you?
Never having bought property before, I found the various mortgage products on the market confusing - James explained the different types of products in a very clear and easy understand manner. He listed pros and cons of the different products to make them easier to compare and find the one that is best for my circumstances. He also found me financial protection that was a lot more affordable than I thought it would be.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
Yes - I have found an excellent mortgage product with protection (which I did not think I'd be able to afford).
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
I was in a position where I needed to remortgage my property as well as sort out my finances at the same time.
How did James Courtenay help you?
He listened to my ideas and needs and how I needed to sort my finances at the same time. He spent a lot of time explaining everything to me in 'layman's terms' so that I understood what I had lined up. And actually found me a better deal than I first anticipated.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
The outcome was better than I was expecting.
What could they have done better?
Nothing. James really spent time explaining my options and why he was recommending the plan that he did. Thank you for your help James.
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
Myself & my husband needed to remortgage our home.
How did James Courtenay help you?
James talked us through our options & gave us a clear understanding of what we could do. He explained things very clearly & made sure we understood everything. Nothing was too much trouble for him & he even returned my call one evening to deal with a query that I had. He made the whole process stress free.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
Yes, we got the remortgage that we wanted & at an excellent rate.
What could they have done better?
There is nothing more we could have asked from James, he covered everything & we were very impressed with his services
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
Looking to remortgage into retirement.
How did James Courtenay help you?
James discusses the different options available to me and my wife, explaining the pros and cons and then made a recommendation to us.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
Yes. We have got our mortgage sorted out until it's repaid in full.
What could they have done better?
Nothing... He kept us up to date through the whole process.
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
We used James Courtenay for a mortgage on a new house purchase.
How did James Courtenay help you?
James provided a fast and efficient service getting us a mortgage to meet our needs.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
We are very pleased with what James arranged for us.
What could they have done better?
I was more than happy with his work.
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
Looking to buy a property with my partner in the next few months.
How did James Courtenay help you?
Showed me the whole range of options on the market and some new products too that were suitable for me.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
I've seen what I can borrow and over which timescale.
What could they have done better?
Nothing really, I was after print outs so I could have a hard copy of our discussed points and he happily supplied all the relevant material
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
I have a very complex salary and bonus structure so needed some professional advice in order to obtain the best mortgage for my requirements.
How did James Courtenay help you?
James provided me with some great advice and sourced me a product that was absolutely perfect for my needs.
What could they have done better?
Nothing, service provided was faultless and wouldn't hesitate in recommending James to anyone.
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
I was buying a house and needed mortgage advice.
How did James Courtenay help you?
Helped me to find the best mortgage deal for me.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
Yes - a good mortgage option enabling me to purchase the property with minimum monthly payments
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
We required advice and assistance to secure our first mortgage.
How did James Courtenay help you?
James arranged a home appointment the next day after our call. He was informative and helpful. He explained everything thoroughly, took our paperwork away and had our Mortgage in Principle the following morning. Every step of the way James kept us informed, answered all of our questions incredibly promptly - no matter what time we emailed. He chased up all parties for us and we picked up our keys within 3 months! James made the whole process smooth and stress free. We couldn't recommend his services enough.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
We received exactly the offer we were hoping for, quickly and efficiently.
What could they have done better?
We couldn't have hoped for a better service than that we received.
What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser?
To be honest, I really hadn't considered using a financial adviser - I thought I would be able to find the best rates myself. I was, however wrong, it became clear quite quickly that a lot of the rates advertised on the websites never materialised in reality - and so I contacted James.
How did James Courtenay help you?
James listened carefully to my requirements and came back with a fantastic deal, exactly within the parameters I had asked for. He offered unbiased and clear advice and helped me negotiate the myriad of things to sign. James took an awful lot of the work that I would have had to have done away from me - submitting things, chasing things, filling in forms on my behalf. He made this entire process seamless and simple. In short, I would highly recommend his services, he is WELL worth the money - in terms of what he saved me in time/effort/making sure things are correct, notwithstanding the money saved by going with an expert who understands this market more than I could ever wish to.
I certainly have, yes.
What could they have done better?
Nothing. I wish I had contacted James at the beginning of this process and saved myself the initial headache.
fixed rate had finished.
How did James Courtenay help you?
provided his professional advice on which mortgage was best suited for us.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
yes provided fantastic professional service.
nothing
New mortgage.
How did James Courtenay help you?
Found us a new mortgage.
What could they have done better?
Nothing he was excellent with great communication with his client
Southern Mortgages is rated 5.00 based on 70 reviews