Southern Mortgages Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Southern Mortgages

About Southern Mortgages: In the heart of Southend-on-sea, Southern Mortgages is built on the grounds of strong financial knowledge, a wealth of experience and a fierce passion for saving people money. Whether you’re a first time buyer looking to secure your new home, or a buy-to-let professional looking to extend your portfolio, you’ll be in safe hands with our expert mortgage adviser team to make your financial situation as hassle-free as possible. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch today, and find out what we can do for your loan or mortgage.

Tell us how Southern Mortgages made you happy

"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? Myself & my husband needed to remortgage our home. How did James Courtenay help you? James talked us through our options & gave us a clear understanding of what we could do. He explained things very clearly & made sure we understood everything. Nothing was too much trouble for him & he even returned my call one evening to deal with a query that I had. He made the whole process stress free. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes, we got the remortgage that we wanted & at an excellent rate. What could they have done better? There is nothing more we could have asked from James, he covered everything & we were very impressed with his services"
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? Looking to remortgage into retirement. How did James Courtenay help you? James discusses the different options available to me and my wife, explaining the pros and cons and then made a recommendation to us. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes. We have got our mortgage sorted out until it's repaid in full. What could they have done better? Nothing... He kept us up to date through the whole process."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? We used James Courtenay for a mortgage on a new house purchase. How did James Courtenay help you? James provided a fast and efficient service getting us a mortgage to meet our needs. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? We are very pleased with what James arranged for us. What could they have done better? I was more than happy with his work."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? Looking to buy a property with my partner in the next few months. How did James Courtenay help you? Showed me the whole range of options on the market and some new products too that were suitable for me. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? I've seen what I can borrow and over which timescale. What could they have done better? Nothing really, I was after print outs so I could have a hard copy of our discussed points and he happily supplied all the relevant material"
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? I have a very complex salary and bonus structure so needed some professional advice in order to obtain the best mortgage for my requirements. How did James Courtenay help you? James provided me with some great advice and sourced me a product that was absolutely perfect for my needs. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes. What could they have done better? Nothing, service provided was faultless and wouldn't hesitate in recommending James to anyone."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? I was buying a house and needed mortgage advice. How did James Courtenay help you? Helped me to find the best mortgage deal for me. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes - a good mortgage option enabling me to purchase the property with minimum monthly payments"
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? We required advice and assistance to secure our first mortgage. How did James Courtenay help you? James arranged a home appointment the next day after our call. He was informative and helpful. He explained everything thoroughly, took our paperwork away and had our Mortgage in Principle the following morning. Every step of the way James kept us informed, answered all of our questions incredibly promptly - no matter what time we emailed. He chased up all parties for us and we picked up our keys within 3 months! James made the whole process smooth and stress free. We couldn't recommend his services enough. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? We received exactly the offer we were hoping for, quickly and efficiently. What could they have done better? We couldn't have hoped for a better service than that we received."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? To be honest, I really hadn't considered using a financial adviser - I thought I would be able to find the best rates myself. I was, however wrong, it became clear quite quickly that a lot of the rates advertised on the websites never materialised in reality - and so I contacted James. How did James Courtenay help you? James listened carefully to my requirements and came back with a fantastic deal, exactly within the parameters I had asked for. He offered unbiased and clear advice and helped me negotiate the myriad of things to sign. James took an awful lot of the work that I would have had to have done away from me - submitting things, chasing things, filling in forms on my behalf. He made this entire process seamless and simple. In short, I would highly recommend his services, he is WELL worth the money - in terms of what he saved me in time/effort/making sure things are correct, notwithstanding the money saved by going with an expert who understands this market more than I could ever wish to. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? I certainly have, yes. What could they have done better? Nothing. I wish I had contacted James at the beginning of this process and saved myself the initial headache."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? fixed rate had finished. How did James Courtenay help you? provided his professional advice on which mortgage was best suited for us. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? yes provided fantastic professional service. What could they have done better? nothing"
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? New mortgage. How did James Courtenay help you? Found us a new mortgage. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes. What could they have done better? Nothing he was excellent with great communication with his client"
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? Re-mortgage and life cover, also house contents and buildings insurance. How did James Courtenay help you? Firstly the advice given, he understood exactly what I required and dealt with it all swiftly, smoothly and friendly. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Perfectly. Got exactly what I was looking for and probably more!. What could they have done better? I honestly couldn't suggest anything that he could have done better! He gave honest, educated advice and it went through quicker than even he thought it would!"
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? I had very little understand on mortgages and needed a good adviser who made it very easy and clear to understand. How did James Courtenay help you? James walked me through all options available on mortgage deals, he made everything clear to understand and I felt satisfied with the information and advice that he gave me. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes I have seen the outcome I was looking for, maybe even a better outcome than first anticipated, the advice was brilliant and made me feel confident with my decisions."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? My policy was up for renewal. How did James Courtenay help you? He went above and beyond to get me the best possible life protection cover for me and my children. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes it has all gone through and with the policy I now get 4 free cinema tickets every week as well as a free Starbucks coffee. Happy mum. What could they have done better? Nothing he was fantastic"
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? I was looking to try and get a better deal on my existing mortgage. How did James Courtenay help you? James was extremely helpful, professional and thorough. He clearly did a lot of research for me and really concentrated on my needs. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? I am now considering various options which James has offered to me. What could they have done better? I cannot think of anything James could have done better. His whole approach has been very professional."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? I wanted to move home and to do so needed to maximise the amount I could borrow. How did James Courtenay help you? James listened to my priorities and found me what I was looking for. He explained the cost implications of what I wanted to do and the various options available to me. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes definitely. I was able to make an informed decision with the information James gave me. What could they have done better? Nothing really... James kept me up to date as things progressed and stayed with me right until I'd completed my purchase."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? Taking out a Mortgage. How did James Courtenay help you? He researched the best options based on our situation and explained the pros and cons of the options that he was putting forward or us. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes, James was a huge help and had a wealth of knowledge meaning that he could answer any questions that we had and increase our understanding of the mortgage process. He was also extremely efficient throughout the whole process."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? Needed to get a better rate on my mortgage. How did James Courtenay help you? So easy as James came to my house and went through the process. He kept me informed throughout and had my mortgage offer very quickly. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? I've got my mortgage offer and just waiting for it to go through next month."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? Mortgage advice. How did James Courtenay help you? mortgage brokering. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? I needed a BTL mortgage. How did James Courtenay help you? He met with me to discuss my requirements and took care of everything from start to finish. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Yes, absolutely. What could they have done better? I cannot fault the service I received from James Courtenay."
"What were the circumstances that caused you to look for a Mortgage Adviser? I was looking for a remortgage so went on Google for a local Mortgage Advisor. James' name csme up. How did James Courtenay help you? He helped to remortgage our property. What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for? Absolutely. James helped us and kept us informed every step of the way. Even when he was on holiday!. What could they have done better? Nothing."
Southern Mortgages is rated 5.00 based on 60 reviews