Soundbops Reviews

of reviewers recommend Soundbops
Read Soundbops Reviews

About Soundbops:

A new way to begin playing and learning music, uniquely designed for young children.

Tell us how Soundbops made you happy
Soundbops 5 star review on 21st January 2021
Emily DuRussel
Soundbops 5 star review on 3rd November 2020
Gillian
Having just received my Soundbops Starter kit and knowing full well that my newborn has a couple of years in ahead before she can fully utilise the kit means that I can practice to my heart's content and really become an adept teacher of Soundbops for when she is ready to learn.

All the while I'll be keeping a very close eye on any Soundbopular developments in order to keep up to date with 'bop' culture as I feel that Soundbops will greatly enhance her love for music and for her first foray into musicianship!
What a great product! It has been as much fun for us as it has been for our 3 year old daughter. We've now bought a second for my godson for his birthday!
SoundBops make having music lessons accessible to our family. It is very easy to grab a metronome on the phone and have him figure out the book. We even talk about chords and feelings which will lead to storytelling through music. This wouldn't have even occured to me without this tool. Very excited to continue working with it! EXCELLENT customer service.
Soundbops 5 star review on 21st January 2021
Hi Emily!

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are so glad you're enjoying Book 1.

We have lots more to come in our Soundbops books and you've already beaten us to one of the lessons in Book 3 - Music and Emotions.

So glad you're finding ways to have beneficial discussions through music! Love the picture too.
A fun and flexible innovation that is great for curious and creative kids to discover music at their own pace and in their own way.
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Fantastic My grandchildren love it
That's wonderful to hear, Jacqui.
The stars are given for the build quality. Because of Covid we have not been able to use it with our grandchildren and we haven’t yet been able to get it to them.

We didn’t buy the starter set - when will we get the rest of the set, please?
Six year old with a musical preference for Status Quo and The Monkees immediately produced 'Hot Cross Buns' from the book and was delighted. This has been much more successful that the ukelele she wanted last year or the plastic trumpet of six months ago.
Thanks, Ron. If you're really lucky (?), we may pop in some Quo or Monkees songs in future books!
Expensive but so worth it! My 5 year old really loves it and can play all the tunes (albeit without the right rhythm!) using the notation in the booklets. He has already started to transfer his knowledge to the piano and match the notes. I have subscribed to the book series and am looking forward to where it takes us. My older child, who plays piano, also enjoys experimenting with creating jazzy chords and transferring his piano pieces to the soundbops. The major benefit of this over other music toys is the ability to create chords and see them visually. I also hope that the colour-matching aspect will help my youngest to learn to read music as we progress through the books.
Hi Daisy,

Great to hear! The rhythm will come as your 5-year-old goes along - there are books specifically on rhythm a little later on. Fantastic to hear your older child enjoys it too! Wait until the next book comes along - it's all about pitch and it's got some great new tunes!

The Soundbops Team
Really enjoying it and the build quality has so far held up.
Hi Thomas,

That's good news. Glad you're enjoying Soundbops.

The Soundbops Team
I love them( I bought 2) but one had one set of soundbops, the other had two. Also the sound seems quite quiet on one regardless of how I turn up the volume. Patricia Hannah
Hi Patricia,

We wondered where that extra set went! Lucky you!

We're worried about the volume problem you have, though. Can we send you a replacement Soundbops? Please send us your details at returns@soundbops.com and we'll arrange an exchange.

The Soundbops Team
This product is INCREDIBLE!

Within 5 minutes of it arriving my 4 year old, who has a global development delay, independently play 3 blind mice.

The product is extremely user friendly, tactile and a really easy concept to grasp.

The book is easy to follow, well laid out and bursting full of songs to play, activities and facts whilst teaching the music need to knows.

I am blown away and couldn’t recommend this product more!
Thanks, Beccy. That's fantastic to hear. And what a great video, too! Thank you for sharing it with us.
We are delighted with soundbops. Our daughter has severe developmental delay and has poor fine motor skills but loves music. This has made Learning an instrument accessible for her.
Thank you for your kind words, Caroline. We can't tell you how happy we are to hear this.
Still early days but my 4-year old loves it. Very intuitive and just enough proper musical to make it educational without seeming so. Looking forward to moving on to more advance books too. Overall really very good and would recommend it to anyone wanting to get young kids into music.
That's great to hear, Brad. We're all looking forward to the next book sending out later this month!
My granddaughter & her parents delighted.
Hi Kathleen,

That's great to know! We're delighted too.

The Soundbops Team
Have no personal experience of Soundbops as bought as presents for f year old granddaughters but I gather both are delighted with them. Having great fun and playing duets together over zoom with little brother adding some vocals!
Hi Dr. John,

That's so good to hear! And fantastic that they've formed a band already!

The Soundbops Team
Well designed product and the book of songs is good. Kids (age 6 and 3) enjoy playing it and it’s an easy way to help them to understand music. The 6 year old likes being able to play the songs himself.

The main reason I don’t rate it higher is the fact that it’s battery operated rather than being plug-in or rechargeable. It’s expensive to keep buying batteries and also doesn’t seem very environmentally friendly.

I also think the monthly books are expensive at £10 per month.
Soundbops is such a fantastic way for kids to learn music. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was really impressed to see my 5 & 7 year olds playing simple songs like Twinkle Twinkle after about ten minutes (they've never played an instrument before). The system really chimed with my kids and they seemed to intuitively understand how it worked. As an adult with limited understanding of music, I could see that this is a fab way for kids to start to understand the theory and practice of playing music. All kids should have access to one!
Soundbops 5 star review on 6th November 2020 Soundbops 5 star review on 6th November 2020 Soundbops 5 star review on 6th November 2020
I became involved at the Kickstarter phase mainly because I found the concept original and exciting. Also, as a teacher, I was drawn to the mix of learning and fun.

It was obvious from the start that backers were not invisible but made to feel involved. There are frequent e-mail updates about the progress of the product, reasons for delays, next steps or adapted timescales. Backers are consulted on changes and given the opportunity to voice opinions and give feedback. Adaptations are explained clearly with emphasis on how these would improve the final product.

Over and above the regular e-mail updates backers can receive frequent FB updates and access an informative website. There are photos and videos of the product at various stages of development and manufacture as well as demonstrations on how it works and film of children using it for the first time at home and at school. During lockdown there was also the thoughtful addition of an online music session and other child friendly initiatives.

Frequency and variety of communication has made the experience of being a backer much more involved and interesting than I had expected. The company’s approach is thorough. Above all, it is a company which respects and trusts its backers.

I am very excited that my SoundBops will be arriving soon. I can’t wait to introduce it to friends with children or grandchildren and friends who are teachers or musicians. I may also see if it can work its magic on a musically challenged adult like me!
Thank you so much, Christine, for this fantastic review! We hope you love your Soundbops when it arrives. Happy Bopping!
I was drawn to this product back at the Kickstarter stage and really liked the concept. Michael and his team have been pretty clear throughout the process, giving bad news as well as good in frequent posts, so I have felt well enough informed along the way. Although it has taken time to get to this stage, seeing how the product has developed has actually been interesting and the changes made look like the product and the associated song books have really improved. So I am genuinely looking forward to getting my hands on them.
Margaret, thank you so much for this lovely review. We're excited to send Soundbops your way very soon!
This is such a great product. Within 5 minutes of my daughter ( who is 5 yes old) using it, she had already grasped the concept and understood how to lay out the notes for each song. The way it is designed makes it easy for children to understand and the colour and letter recognition was linked in with what she is learning at school.
She was so excited to play and learn each new song and was adamant that she wanted to do it on her own. From setting up the notes to choosing and playing a song, each step she did independently which helped build her confidence. It was so good watching her engage in something and enjoy playing it for a long period of time.
I can't rate this highly enough.
Quote from my daughter
" this is loads of fun. What song will I choose now?"
" I did it all on my own. I didn't need any help".
" it looks so cool"
Soundbops 5 star review on 8th October 2020
Thank you so much, Gillian! We are so glad your daughter enjoyed trying out Soundbops and playing lots of songs. We love this great photo too!
Soundbops is rated 4.91 based on 22 reviews