Solmar Villas Reviews

of reviewers recommend Solmar Villas

Tell us how Solmar Villas made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
We booked with solimar villas and initially great to deal with until it comes to getting a refund due to a global pandemic that your country state not to travel and the country you are going to states they don’t want travellers (Spain) at the moment we are due to travel Saturday 30th of May and clearly we can’t for weeks now we have tried for a refund only to be told claim travel insurance we owe you nothing as villa is available on contacting visa, ombudsman, CAB, and my travel insurance all say that solimar are being unlawful in not offering a refund which under government health act and advise we are entitled too. This to me is a company who are trying and hoping people give up the fight and they keep the customers money!!! The ombudsman has advised should I not get the outcome I’m looking for to contact them to raise a formal complaint to solmar regarding there dealings with this during what is a testing time for everyone. The cheek of them to ask us to claim through holiday insurer when they should be insured themselves for this type of thing and also When I asked where my money I paid them was the reply was people have mortgages to pay!! Yes we do!!!! DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!
Stayed for a week in Kassiopi, Corfu, Villa Athina back in June 2019. The location of the villa and the views are fantastic. The harbour itself is beautiful and has a great range of bars and restaurants.

Unfortunately the villa itself is far from luxury despite the hefty price tag that it demands. It is tired and needs updating. Broken sun loungers, broken sun umbrellas, broken pool table, broken cues, broken table tennis bats, dirty underwear from previous occupiers left in the drawers, horribly uncomfortable mattresses, thick dust in some places, flooded bathrooms which were not attended to during our stay.

Security seriously lacking; found a couple had wandered in and were watching us in the pool, we then later found them actually in the villa having a wander around so we felt we had to keep the place locked up even when we were just sunbathing in the grounds. CCTV was not even connected or wired in (cut wire), doors difficult to lock. Got back to the villa one day to find a masseuse had let herself in to try and sell us massages, she had the code to get in the gate presumably from Solmar Villas.

Could have done with the cleaner coming more than once during our stay even just to empty bins.

Found it impossible to get hold of Solmar Villas using all number provided, and the supposed rep didn’t visit us not even once during our whole stay.

We made the most of the great location and restaurants but ultimately the whole holiday was spoilt but Solmar Villas and their appalling customer service.

I would strongly recommend you do NOT book with Solmar Villas.
Solmar quoted us a price for a 'heated pool' when we booked a villa in Portugal with them. We then noticed they hadn't included the 'heating' in our booking so we asked them to do so, and the price was increased from that quoted! Then when we arrived in the resort they forgot to turn on the heating (which was finally turned on 3 days later). However the heating made no difference to the temperature of the pool, yet Solmar would only compensate for the time the pool had been 'off'.
Incidentally when we paid for the 'heating' extra on their website, the site took multiple payments from my credit card, finally maxing it out and incurring charges.
This company is unreasonable, amateurish and their systems are useless.
Solmar Villas is rated 1.33 based on 3 reviews