Solarcrest Reviews

Telephone
Read Solarcrest Reviews

eliot@solarcrest.co.uk

Solarcrest (Distribution) Ltd38-42 Brunswick HillMacclesfield

Tell us how Solarcrest made you happy
I am very satisfied with the work produced by Solarcrest. I had a sizeable area of roof space insulated with two types of spray foam + a double unit MVHR system installed too. The alternative of insulating with boards and tape would have taken forever and would have been less thermally efficient too. Our build was a conversion from commercial to residential so the spray foam not only insulates extremely well but it covers over/in redundant cables, pipes and other inherited items that would have been an obstacle to be removed if we had boarded the roof space. The MVHR has just been commissioned and needs time for me to evaluate its effectiveness but insofar as the installation goes all is looking good to me. I would certainly recommend this method and company.
Thankyou. We're very pleased that everything was to your satisfaction and worked well for you. Hopefully you are now feeling the benefits of your new MVHR system!
More than happy with the efficient and friendly service we have received from Solarcrest!
Thanks for the review! We're always friendly! :-)
MVHR system and roof insulation. Staff were expert flexible and alive to holistic solutions rather than just "flogging a product". Wish we'd used them for our solar panels too!
Every system we install is designed individually. We're selling the complete system and we feel that there's no point if it doesn't work properly because the install was botched. We pride ourselves on the quality of the work. Thanks for the review!
Solarcrest used their expertise to provide our project with a sprayed insulation and MVHR solutions that were cost efficient and saved us time. We look forward to working with them on our next project. Ian @ Huntsmere
We're looking forward to it too! Thanks for the review.
Great service and support, you guys really helped us out of a jam! We look forward to working with you on an ongoing basis. Brad Red Property, Limited
Glad we could help! Looking forward to working with you again, and thanks for the review.
GOOD RANGE OF PRODUCTS, GOOD DESIGN, QUICK DELIVERY OF ALL PRODUCTS, GREAT LADS THAT QUICKLY AND NEATLY INSTALLED AND THEN CAME BACK TO COMMISSION WHEN WE WERE EVENTUALLY READY!
Glad everything went smoothly. Thanks for the review, and I hope you really enjoy the benefit of the system.
We needed a MVHR system for our new build and I spent a very long time trying to choose the appropriate system for our needs, and was getting no-where. As a last minute panic I contacted Solarcrest following a generic Google search. Eliot and Kathy were really helpful and within a week had a solution that met all our needs :) The cost of the their installation was not cheap, but the team that arrived on site where very knowledgeable and turned what looked like a nightmare job into a simple, clean installation. We are really pleased with the results. Thank you Eliot, Kathy and Team :)
Always nice to hear good feedback. Because we design every install individually, we can work on the toughest installs and save your nightmares! Glad it all worked out so well and hope you are enjoying the benefits of clean air. Thanks for the review.
i found the service and pricing excellent. all the team were very helpful and delivery was made on time and everything fitted forst time
Many thanks for the review. Glad we were able to help.
We chose Solarcrest to do our eco-renovation works because we wanted to do a number of different things all in one go, and they were able to offer to project-manage the whole deal. We had a cold, damp and poorly ventilated 1900's house, and wanted External Wall Insulation (EWI) as we had no wall cavities. The loft had little insulation, so we chose to have sprayed foam insulation to the rafters which gave us a warm dry loft storage space. We had Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR) to deal with the mould and damp in the bathrooms, and the generally poor ventilation of the house as a whole. In addition we had the chimneys filled with vermiculite, a light pipe fitted, re-roofing of our garage, and renewal of soffits and rainwater goods.

This kind of major re-fit is not for the fainthearted if you are planning to live in the house while the work is done. However, Solarcrest turned up as arranged, and worked solidly through until the job was done! The work was completed to our satisfaction and on budget. In the end we even elected to have additional sub-floor insulation fitted while we were about it.

The effect of the MVHR was immediately apparent with improved ventilation throughout the house. Now six months down the line, with winter weather outside, the benefits of the insulation are fully apparent, with the house holding its temperature well through the night when the heating is off.

Go for it!
Because every job we do is individual, we can work on most if not all properties. It can be intrusive if you are living in the property, but it also gives you the chance to take care of other jobs at the same time. We're pleased we could help and hope you enjoy opening your heating bills and seeing how much is being saved! Thanks for the review.
It's rare nowadays to find a company that is as genuine and to the point as Solarcrest, they gave good advice, were prompt and professional in their attitude and kept things at an understandable level for me, the goods arrived as promised and I would use them again plus recommend them to others. With their help I installed a MVHR system to a bungalow I am renovating.
Thanks Solarcrest
Peter wright, Leek, staffs
It's always wonderful to hear something to positive about us. Thanks! The job was a pleasure and we're sure you'll really appreciate the benefit of the system.
Excellent customer service, very helpful, prompt delivery, would definitely reccomend Solarcrest.
Thank you!
I'm very happy with the service and support I received from Solarcrest. Eliot and the team did a very good job of estimating what I would need from my very sketchy plans, and it was all delivered very promptly. When I had a query during the install I just called and Nathan was able get me back on track quickly. The hardware I was recommended is very good quality and I have noticed a big improvement in the air quality in my house in only a couple of weeks. I would highly recommend Solarcrest.
Pleased to hear that the system has made a difference. Thanks for the review and we were happy to help!
Ordered tuesday arrived wednesday as promised, Very helpful experience.
Thanks for your review. Glad we were able to help.
We had the exterior wall insulation and new windows fitted. It's like a new house. The work was done when promised, minimum of bother and very friendly operatives. Would happily recommend to anyone.
Thank you for the positive review. I hope you have been really feeling the benefits.
Solarcrest have transformed our house. We were previously spending lots on gas bills and were still left with a house that didn't feel particularly warm. Solarcrest spent a week on site and installed their spray foam solution into the entire roof space, they also insulated some of our internal walls - specifically our bedroom dormer which was very very cold. The difference is significant and we are now very warm and comfortable in our house. Too early to say what difference it has made to the bills yet but early indications are that we seem to be using less gas (looking at the smart meter usage every day).

We also had a PIV (positive input ventilation) unit installed which has definitely helped to reduce condensation on the windows in the house. Initially this felt like it was blowing a cold draft into the house but we quickly turned up the thermostat so that the air it blows into the house is heated at 15 degrees. The cold draft is no more and we still have the benefits of less condensation and a fresh feeling house. The compromise is that we do seem to be using more electricity now that the thermostat is turned up (around 3p / hour) but I hope that the benefits of reduced moisture content in the air should mean that our central heating has less work to do - thus reducing our gas bills. Also, we should be able to turn down the thermostat / turn off the heater as we enter the warmer months.

Overall very pleased with the outcome and the installation team (led by Richard) did a great job and left the site tidy at the end of the week.

I do feel that Solarcrest are experts in the field of insulation and ventilation - Eliot, Kathy and Richard are very passionate about what they do and seem to care very much about leaving the customer satisfied.
We're delighted that we have made such a difference to your house, and just wait until you get your gas bill! We are very passionate about providing the best service possible, and leaving people happy and living in comfortable, healthy homes. Thankyou for the review!
The guys were great and I am delighted with the job they did. They really knew their stuff and did everything I asked of them and more. I now have a high degree of confidence that I have very low air permeability so well worth it. If I ever do this again I will just spray insulate the superstructure instead of weeks and weeks of joiners cutting and fitting Celotex and then taping and battening.
Thanks for the review. Pleased that you are happy with the job! If you ever do this again, please do get in touch! Thanks again.
As the MVHR stands now at the 30% turn on state we're very pleased with it, so can imagine it is going to be even better once it is set up properly. The house " smells" fresh and is with regards to my asthma ( as to why we chose the system) it seems to be improving it.
Delighted that the system is helping. Many thanks for the review!
Competetive and reliable contractor. Flexible and adjustable timings.
Thank you!
Efficient service with good telephone back up when doing your own installation
Thank you and glad we could help.
Excellent service from concept to completion.
Thank you for the review. Glad we could help!
Solarcrest is rated 4.90 based on 150 reviews