Solarcrest Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Solarcrest

Solarcrest (Distribution) Ltd38-42 Brunswick HillMacclesfield

How would you rate Solarcrest?

Peter
Verified Buyer

It's rare nowadays to find a company that is as genuine and to the point as Solarcrest, they gave good advice, were prompt and professional in their attitude and kept things at an understandable level for me, the goods arrived as promised and I would use them again plus recommend them to others. With their help I installed a MVHR system to a bungalow I am renovating.
Thanks Solarcrest
Peter wright, Leek, staffs
It's always wonderful to hear something to positive about us. Thanks! The job was a pleasure and we're sure you'll really appreciate the benefit of the system.
Sandra
Verified Buyer

Excellent customer service, very helpful, prompt delivery, would definitely reccomend Solarcrest.
Paul
Verified Buyer

I'm very happy with the service and support I received from Solarcrest. Eliot and the team did a very good job of estimating what I would need from my very sketchy plans, and it was all delivered very promptly. When I had a query during the install I just called and Nathan was able get me back on track quickly. The hardware I was recommended is very good quality and I have noticed a big improvement in the air quality in my house in only a couple of weeks. I would highly recommend Solarcrest.
Pleased to hear that the system has made a difference. Thanks for the review and we were happy to help!
Verified Buyer

Ordered tuesday arrived wednesday as promised, Very helpful experience.
Thanks for your review. Glad we were able to help.
Tony E
Verified Reviewer

We had the exterior wall insulation and new windows fitted. It's like a new house. The work was done when promised, minimum of bother and very friendly operatives. Would happily recommend to anyone.
Thank you for the positive review. I hope you have been really feeling the benefits.
Tom S
Verified Reviewer

Solarcrest have transformed our house. We were previously spending lots on gas bills and were still left with a house that didn't feel particularly warm. Solarcrest spent a week on site and installed their spray foam solution into the entire roof space, they also insulated some of our internal walls - specifically our bedroom dormer which was very very cold. The difference is significant and we are now very warm and comfortable in our house. Too early to say what difference it has made to the bills yet but early indications are that we seem to be using less gas (looking at the smart meter usage every day).

We also had a PIV (positive input ventilation) unit installed which has definitely helped to reduce condensation on the windows in the house. Initially this felt like it was blowing a cold draft into the house but we quickly turned up the thermostat so that the air it blows into the house is heated at 15 degrees. The cold draft is no more and we still have the benefits of less condensation and a fresh feeling house. The compromise is that we do seem to be using more electricity now that the thermostat is turned up (around 3p / hour) but I hope that the benefits of reduced moisture content in the air should mean that our central heating has less work to do - thus reducing our gas bills. Also, we should be able to turn down the thermostat / turn off the heater as we enter the warmer months.

Overall very pleased with the outcome and the installation team (led by Richard) did a great job and left the site tidy at the end of the week.

I do feel that Solarcrest are experts in the field of insulation and ventilation - Eliot, Kathy and Richard are very passionate about what they do and seem to care very much about leaving the customer satisfied.
We're delighted that we have made such a difference to your house, and just wait until you get your gas bill! We are very passionate about providing the best service possible, and leaving people happy and living in comfortable, healthy homes. Thankyou for the review!
Dave F
Verified Reviewer

The guys were great and I am delighted with the job they did. They really knew their stuff and did everything I asked of them and more. I now have a high degree of confidence that I have very low air permeability so well worth it. If I ever do this again I will just spray insulate the superstructure instead of weeks and weeks of joiners cutting and fitting Celotex and then taping and battening.
Thanks for the review. Pleased that you are happy with the job! If you ever do this again, please do get in touch! Thanks again.
Kylie B
Verified Reviewer

As the MVHR stands now at the 30% turn on state we're very pleased with it, so can imagine it is going to be even better once it is set up properly. The house " smells" fresh and is with regards to my asthma ( as to why we chose the system) it seems to be improving it.
Delighted that the system is helping. Many thanks for the review!
Bart
Verified Buyer

Competetive and reliable contractor. Flexible and adjustable timings.
Geraint
Verified Buyer

Efficient service with good telephone back up when doing your own installation
Thank you and glad we could help.
Verified Buyer

Excellent service from concept to completion.
Thank you for the review. Glad we could help!
Nick
Verified Buyer

I needed an MVHR system for a new build and compared to a number of other suppliers I contacted they were like a breath of fresh air. Extremely helpful with suggestions on the specification and design. The system they supplied was easy to self-install with their on-line instructions. Couldn't recommend this company more.
Thanks for the Review. If something's worth doing, then it's worth doing right. And we think proper ventilation is well worth doing, and want to help people get their systems installed correctly. Glad you were happy with the service.
Marc G
Verified Reviewer

The equipment and ventilation piping was put in very efficiently and Eliot was very helpful in fine tuning the operation of the system once it had been commissioned. We have been in the house 6 months now and are very happy with the outcome.
Thanks. We pride ourselves on every install being done as well as it can be. Pleased to hear that you are enjoying the benefits!
Tim B
Verified Reviewer

Solarcrest were very helpful in realising the objects of this project within a tight time scale.
Thank you. Pleased we could help.
Bernard
Verified Buyer

Helpful staff, always available for advice,goods came on time,the plan design was easy to follow but it would have been even easier if the system parts were labeled and clear fitting instructions were included, there wss a lot of head scratching in the beginning, but after a few phone calls to Nathan everything was explained.
System works well
Pleased everything worked out. We are always on hand for technical support for self-installers. Thanks for the review.
Alan
Verified Buyer

Would definitely use again, very helpful.
Roy
Verified Buyer

Service was quick and efficient. However did need to order extra ducting and if I had any criticism, perhaps more ducting and fittings could have been built in to the initial quote. Onsite works are always more complicated than initial drawings.

However subsequent attention and telephone help was excellent, extras ordered were dispatched really quickly and difficult to fault overall. A very good service at reasonable prices.

If I build again, I would use Solarcrest again.
Thankyou for the review. Pleased that we were able to address the slight issue quickly and get your system completed.We're always on hand for technical support during the install process.
Francios
Verified Buyer

Solarcrest has installed a ventilation system as a retrofit in an old Victorian house in central london, without touching any of the historical features and without unmounting the ceilings. Impressive job and really pleased by the much freshed air in the house. I also strongly recommend the diesel particle filter.
It was a tough job, but we pride ourselves on providing the best quality finish on even the most difficult of installs! Pleased to hear that you are benefiting from the system, too. Thanks for the review.
Grant
Verified Buyer

Very approachable extremely helpful with excellent advice and suggestions - design service was quick and responsive having uploaded my floor plans to their website - supply of specified equipment was accurate and timely and installation (by myself) straight forward, but can be fiddly and awkward wrestling with the lengths of ducting - as our property is still in midst of renovation have not had the MVHR working yet, but am confident when Solarcrest attend to commission and tune the system that they will satisfactorily sort any of my installation mishaps ! Over all delighted with this company's sales service and support and would recommend Solarcrest for anyone looking for an MVHR system.
Thanks for the review. I hope it is all working well and you are enjoying the benefits of clean, fresh air.
Tom
Verified Buyer

Fantastic service from start to finish. Quick estimates and were available to answer my questions throughout the process. The MVHR system has made a real difference and has eliminated the damp problems that we had been experiencing. Would certainly use the company again.
Pleased to hear the system is helping with your problem. Thankyou for the review.
Solarcrest is rated 4.91 based on 81 reviews