Sofa & Home Reviews

Read Sofa & Home Reviews

help@sofaandhome.co.uk

Wheatfield House, Old Vicarage Park, Scawby, Nr. Brigg, North Lincolnshire

Tell us how Sofa & Home made you happy
Product that I wanted was not available, but different product was organised with ease!
Excellent service. Well informed of expected delivery. Chairs arrived well wrapped.
The bistro table is the perfect size and excellent quality with a marble top and brushed stainless steel base and stand. Delivery was very good and assembly easy.
Exactly what we wanted, very good quality. Delivery was very good and very easy to assembly - in fact my wife did it before I got home and she said it was easy.
The chair was exactly what i was looking for .
Table as described, service excellent.
Great self assembled instructions good value for money desk
Arrived on time, unpacked in garden. Chair comfortable and looks good.
Easy to order and rapid delivery. Advice from Delivery company that product was on its way on a specific day would have been a bonus.
It was easy to order the product online.
Delivery was surprisingly
Quick
Contact from the delivery company advising that product was to be delivered today would have been a bonus.
Ordered Hnd table and chairs arrived earlier. Hnd made great arrangements and delivery driver was lovely. Love our new table and chairs and great price .
They organised the replacement of faulty parts from the manufacturer promptly and without any quibble whatsoever.
Having ordered online for a product that was in stock and showing delivery within 24 hours I bought a mattress that was needed quickly. I was telephoned by the not so pleasant Julian to notify me it was not in stock and wouldn’t be until August. Customer service is not great for a company who’s policy is only clearly explained in an email once payment has been taken. Had my disappointment been handled with a clear explanation with an apology, I’d have proceeded with an order of something that was available and in stock. During this difficult time, and businesses being impacted negatively. I’m shocked that a man can drive away clients in the manner, that Julian clearly does after reading reviews. Which is unfortunate for him. I am a person who was impressed with the furniture offered on the website and the prices shown. And someone who would have been a frequent customer due to my own business needs. I tend to show support to smaller businesses like this company rather than bigger companies. But I can say without a doubt that this has been my worst customer experience to date with any company I have ever dealt with. It’s a company that clearly is not concerned with keeping customers happy nor wanting returning business. I will however say my refund was processed quickly, and offer some advice. Don’t be so quick to change from the polite man you were at the start of our conversation to the rude person you were once you assumed I’d automatically want a refund. It’s cost you thousands of pounds in future orders on this occasion.
Under normal circumstances delivery times stated on the product page would be accurate, subject to stock availability. Due to COVID-19 shipping delays are putting some suppliers under tremendous pressure with stocks running out to 2 months. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT A DELIVERY DATE, PLEASE CALL US BEFORE ORDERING.
I placed an order online for six dining chairs. They did not state on the website that the chairs were not in stock or that there was a delay on the item until September.
The following morning I received a call to say they were out of stock and would not be available until September.
They had taken my money out of my account .....£570. This will not now be refunded for 7-10 days. I am appalled as I consider this to be a lot of money particularly in these difficult times.
Our Merchant Card Provider refunds with 5-10 days.
Due to COVID-19 shipping lead times can be several months, so please call us before you order for you to decide whether you wish to proceed with an order.
Don't order. Waste of time. Waiting for ages. Delivery planned and then all of a sudden canceled. The people weren't helpful. Not happy. Order somewhere else. Happy beds are much better!!
We are sorry, but our Supplier did not allocate stock to this order. We were not aware of any problems. All we can do is apologise.
Similarly to other customers, we had the misfortune of speaking to Julian about a bed we considered purchasing. He was extremely rude & dismissive when we queried a Delivery charge, as the website's banner clearly states Free UK Delivery on All Purchases (with no Asterix to indicate there are exceptions). On the description of the bed (a Julian Bowen sleeper) it also specifically says Free 2 Person Delivery. Julian told us that Julian Bowen charges Sofa & Home the Delivery fee, which has to be then passed onto the customer. When we very politely suggested he amend the website accordingly as we felt this was misleading, he became very rude & suggested we just cancel the order if we weren't prepared to pay. Another instance of this company losing sales because of the attitude of staff. Had we be spoken to in a more polite manner, we would have completed the sale & paid the delivery charge. Very disappointing.
Thank you Vicki, we have a new website and have added a link to our delivery page, to save any confusion. A delivery surcharge for certain Postcodes in Northern Ireland, Wales, Devon, Cornwall, Scotland and Offshore Islands will apply. If this applies, you will be contacted by telephone or email to discuss and approve before your order is processed.
Very easy to order delivery efficient and product exactly as expected.
Julian, at Sofa & Home, was extremely helpful and prompt in putting right GFA’s errors. Furniture was (eventually) exactly what I wanted.
The chair is exactly what we required and is very comfortable. However, we had a problem in putting the chair together. These chairs should be delivered as finished chairs because people like my wife and I who are in our 80's cannot put them together and we had to pay a joiner to do the job.
I had a very bad experience with this company . I paid through credit card on the night before and the next morning a representative Mr Julian Thomas called me at 8.30 am claiming i didn't pay for the good ...even though it wasn't even sent yet and that I was being fraudulent in a very aggressive and condescending manner. My credit card company advised my that the payment had been made and it was the company Sofa and Home that cancelled the transaction.
You are required at Checkout to complete your Purchase Card Details.
This entails your Registered Card Name, Card Address, Card Type, Card Bank or Issuer and Security Code. This prospective customer did not and the order was cancelled.
Sofa & Home is rated 4.47 based on 191 reviews