Smyths Books Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Smyths Books

Tell us how Smyths Books made you happy

"Total scam, website appears genuine and secure, email saying my card had been declined followed by fraudulent activity on my account."
"Do not use this book store!!! It is a scam for credit card fraud!!"
"Terrible company! Ordered a book, no payment was taken and it took over a week for me to receive an email saying my order had been cancelled. I’d read reviews saying they’d stolen peoples card details and made purchases so I kept my eye on my account and luckily my bank noticed payments that weren’t me so now I’ve cancelled my card. Sounds like it’s happening to a lot of people so definitely cancel your card if you’ve entered your details on their site !"
"Terrible! A V O I D !!! They held my order as pending for ten days. Then cancelled it. I could not get hold of them. In the end I had to cancel my bank card as it has been suggested they are a fraudulent company."
"After 8 days I was told the order wasn’t being fulfilled. It had nothing to do with my credit card or fraud, as implied might be a cause. I won’t be using this company again. A pity I had to give it one star rather than none."
"FRAUDULENT WEBSITE!! had received no update regarding delivery at all. emailed twice no response. then i looked at trust pilot website and found others were having the same issue. i phoned natwest to report....... i said i'd been having an issue with a book website and he responded with "Smyths books?" before i'd even had chance to tell him more !! they have this company on high alert on their fraud system"
"Ordered a book but had no response thereafter - status in order tracking just says "pending". On further investigation I found the Feefo reviews displayed on their website to be fake, and discovered the real Trustpilot reviews - thanks to these I was able to cancel my debit card before any fraudulent payments taken, though concerned someone has my other personal details. The website looks convincing! Please don't fall for it."
"Completely fraudulent. Be sure to cancel your card if you have already ordered with this fake business."
"SCAMMERS! They harvest bank details and empty peoples bank accounts! Left with nothing just after christmas, thanks. Check the reviews on Trustpilot, they speak for themselves! Really don't know how this company is still 'trading'"
"After they cancelled my order and did not respond to me. I have been informed by my bank that my bank details have been compromised and attempted purchases have been made from John Lewis and also a Go Fund Me page. Luckily the bank identified these straight away. Please do not buy from thus website."
"Do not use this company, if this even is a company. They will take your card details, tell you there was a problem with the payment or card. Weeks later your card is used to buy expensive goods. Luckily my card company noticed and alerted me."
"Do not buy from this company. Scammers. Only here to get your card details. Do not fall for it like me."
"Do not buy from this company, they are scammers. Only here to get your card details."
"This company is fraudulent. They take you card details and use them at a later date to purchase very expensive items. Be aware. Their prices are too good to be true."
"Do not use this company. Did not receive book, just a huge bill on my Amex for something I did not buy for John Lewis. Also attempted to buy stuff from Nike using my card."
"Your company cloned my card details and used them to pay for items at X-box online and JD Sports. Nearly £600!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IT IS A SCAM!!! Oh and I never received the book I ordered!"
"THIS WEBSITE WILL HARVEST YOUR CARD DETAILS DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. If it’s too late for you report them here https://reporting.actionfraud.police.uk/reporting and get the thieves shut down. FYI their MD is this guy: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11151679/officers"
"FRAUDSTERS, SCAMMERS, CARD HARVESTERS £3k of fraudulent transactions on 2 of my cards so far. Suggest you cancel any card you’ve used here (I have) and I’ve also reported to the police and given full details to the credit card fraud departments Suggest you all make the same report and maybe we can close them down for good."
"THIS IS NOT A VALID REVIEW SITE - The positive reviews on here are bogus and this website therefore cannot be trusted FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD"
"You are fraudulent and cannot spell."
Smyths Books is rated 1.04 based on 107 reviews