Smyths Books Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Smyths Books

Tell us how Smyths Books made you happy

"Ordered a book in January, it never arrived. Credit card I used attempted to buy £700 worth of clothing at 2:30am today, luckily the CC company blocked the transaction and have now cancelled my card!!"
"Like all other reviews ordered my books the beginning of January and never arrived. Site should be removed, exploiting people!!!! Wish I had of checked before placing order!"
"I tried to buy books before Christmas... I never received them... My card details were used to make purchases on Google play store and deliveroo... and they also tried to make larger payments on Gamestore... but I didn't have the funds in my account. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE IT IS FAKE!"
"Ordered a book before Christmas and still hasn’t arrived! Avoid"
"My book never arrived. I emailed them, didn't reply. This site is scam"
"My boyfriend bought me a book online 3 weeks ago, till this day it still hasn’t been delivered. On top of that, I emailed them ... no response. My boyfriend then informs me that fraudulent activities have been going on , on his bank card & luckily enough his bank understood and gave his money bank. I’m talking about goodies worth £300 from John Lewis. I come onto this page and see that EVERYONE is having the same problem. This site needs to be shut down."
"ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS WEBSITE NEEDS TO REPORT THEM TO ACTION FRAUD 03001232040. ALL ADDRESSES USED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS COMPANY HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH THEM."
"Wish I had read the reviews before placing my order for a book which never arrived. Can only echo other customers experiences.....no contact details. This company should be removed from the public domain."
"Absolute total scam, the website appears completely genuine and secure, after the item hadn't arrived I checked my emails to find an email saying my card had been declined, so I went back online to complete a re purchase and a few days later, I was contacted by my bank regarding suspected fraudulent activity on my account. Luckily for me my bank were completely on top of this whereas others may not be."
"Total scam, website appears genuine and secure, email saying my card had been declined followed by fraudulent activity on my account."
"Do not use this book store!!! It is a scam for credit card fraud!!"
"Terrible company! Ordered a book, no payment was taken and it took over a week for me to receive an email saying my order had been cancelled. I’d read reviews saying they’d stolen peoples card details and made purchases so I kept my eye on my account and luckily my bank noticed payments that weren’t me so now I’ve cancelled my card. Sounds like it’s happening to a lot of people so definitely cancel your card if you’ve entered your details on their site !"
"Terrible! A V O I D !!! They held my order as pending for ten days. Then cancelled it. I could not get hold of them. In the end I had to cancel my bank card as it has been suggested they are a fraudulent company."
"After 8 days I was told the order wasn’t being fulfilled. It had nothing to do with my credit card or fraud, as implied might be a cause. I won’t be using this company again. A pity I had to give it one star rather than none."
"FRAUDULENT WEBSITE!! had received no update regarding delivery at all. emailed twice no response. then i looked at trust pilot website and found others were having the same issue. i phoned natwest to report....... i said i'd been having an issue with a book website and he responded with "Smyths books?" before i'd even had chance to tell him more !! they have this company on high alert on their fraud system"
"Ordered a book but had no response thereafter - status in order tracking just says "pending". On further investigation I found the Feefo reviews displayed on their website to be fake, and discovered the real Trustpilot reviews - thanks to these I was able to cancel my debit card before any fraudulent payments taken, though concerned someone has my other personal details. The website looks convincing! Please don't fall for it."
"Completely fraudulent. Be sure to cancel your card if you have already ordered with this fake business."
"SCAMMERS! They harvest bank details and empty peoples bank accounts! Left with nothing just after christmas, thanks. Check the reviews on Trustpilot, they speak for themselves! Really don't know how this company is still 'trading'"
"After they cancelled my order and did not respond to me. I have been informed by my bank that my bank details have been compromised and attempted purchases have been made from John Lewis and also a Go Fund Me page. Luckily the bank identified these straight away. Please do not buy from thus website."
"Do not use this company, if this even is a company. They will take your card details, tell you there was a problem with the payment or card. Weeks later your card is used to buy expensive goods. Luckily my card company noticed and alerted me."
Smyths Books is rated 1.03 based on 116 reviews