Smyths Toys Superstore, Peterborough Reviews

of reviewers recommend Smyths Toys Superstore, Peterborough

1b, Boongate Retail Park, Peterborough PE1 5AU, UK

Tell us how Smyths Toys Superstore, Peterborough made you happy
DO NOT BUY FROM SMYTHS.
THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER OR YOUR CHILDREN.

Shopping in store at the Reading branch 06/12/20 I have been treated very rudely and unfairly in the store by the staff when I requested to return a product I purchased 30 minutes earlier, which turned out to be NOT what I specifically requested.

The Purchase: At the games console counter in the shop I asked the assistant specifically for the official "Xbox One X Wireless Controller". He handed me a box with an xbox controller which I proceeded to purchase.

On inspecting the product 10 minutes later I found that it was not the exact "Xbox One X Wireless Controller" which I asked for and which ships with the "Xbox One X".

The label inside the battery compartment of the correct official “Xbox One X Wireless Controller” shipped with my Xbox One X, reads "WIRELESS CONTROLLER FOR XBOX ONE" and "MODEL 1708".

The product sold to me on 06/12/20 was labelled inside as "Xbox Wireless Controller" and "Model: 1914". This is the WRONG model number and NOT compatible with "MODEL 1708" accessories. This was not made clear to me when I specifically asked for the "Xbox One X Wireless Controller" that they did not have it. Also this item they sold me is not compatible with the battery packs made for official Xbox One X controllers shipped with Xbox One X. Thus I was NOT sold exactly what I asked for.

So I went back to the shop and explained the situation to the large assistant who originally miss-sold me the incorrect item. He was not helpful and refused to help. I then asked to see the manager. I was confronted by a man called Ramzi Mejri who was also utterly unwilling to help, and extremely rude in his shameful disregard for the customer and blindness to the fact that I was not sold exactly what I asked for.

Ramzi Mejri and the staff stood and argued with me for over 20 minutes the sake of £54.99, and refused to correct his and his staff’s mistake. He refused to offer a refund. He refused to be helpful. I asked him why he wanted to argue and steal my money when he was in the wrong. His rudeness continued. I asked him if I should document this experience, his rudeness, his disrespect for the honest customer and his/Smyths greed for the sake of £54.99 on review boards and social media. – He indicated that he didn’t care.

I am 100% disappointed and disgusted at this man Ramzi Mejri and the attitude at the store.

I called customer services: They did nto want to get involved.

I WAS FORCED TO REGAIN MY £54.99 FROM SMYTHS VIA "ALTERNATE METHODS". DISCUSTING COPROLITE EATING LOOSERS!

The purchase receipt reads: Item: 192246, Serial No: 09VX1668194034, Date: 06/12/20, Time: 12:18pm, Till : 107, Opr: 29642, Trans No: 00040

DO NOT BUY FROM SMYTHS TOYS.
THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER OR YOUR CHILDREN.
Have just received my parcel, after only 5days wait,, very satisfied, will definitely use you again, WEll Done. 🤣🤣🤣
Have to say the location is next to two other stores and so attracts lots of custom, very big store with isles of displays, not the cheapest company by far, but if your in a hurry it’s the place to go, even try bikes and helmets for size, always nice seeing the products assembled and displayed, you and your kids know what they’re getting, so no disappointments
Smyths Toys Superstore, Peterborough is rated 3.00 based on 3 reviews