SMC Coach Hire Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend SMC Coach Hire
Telephone

How would you rate SMC Coach Hire ?

"NEVER EVER EVER USE THIS COACH COMPANY. Horrendous service. Hired 4 coaches for 200 people from London to Norwich. One coach never turned up, another came one hour late. Managers were disrespectful. On our return with 200 kids in heatwave sun, 3 coaches turned up. 4th never came and they tried to pull off one of the three drivers to do another job. Disgusting service!!!"
"I recently have used SMC Coach hire services, and unfortunately it did not go well for me. I came across SMC Coach hire through a friend that have used them before. The first warning my friend gave is that the coach arrived quite late (around 40 min) to take the group. Even though, I heard the advice I decided to go with them as well, thinking that maybe it was just a one off situation. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. My trip was from Bromley to Swindon and I calculated around 2:30 to 3:00 trip. We were supposed to leave at 8:00am and we would have time to arrive in the event in Swindon. My group was 15min before the departure time in front of a parking space, however when was 8:00am no sign of the coach. I waited another 10min to call the number provided by SMC Coach hire, which when I called, by my surprise I had been informed (politely) that the coach was going to be late 1:00 (AN HOUR) same problem as my friend. The reason, was because the air conditioning was not working, and they needed to provide another coach. After an hour and so, the coach arrived, parked over the road, which I needed to cross the road with 50 people excited to go to the event. The coach was terribly hot, and we noticed only one air conditioner working. We arrived quite late, as our event usually lasts two hours we missed more than half. When we arrived the driver was not happy because the group left some food on the floor (peanuts and bottle of water) and we didn’t pick up (I didn’t know we were supposed to clear the bus for them), however we were quite late for the event we didn’t have time to do it. So, he decided that we could not take any bottle of water or any food on the way back, and if we were thirsty we could ask him he would stop in a petrol station. The coach was boiling hot, and we stopped on the first station, which I spoke to the driver and CONVINCED him that we would pick the bottles of water later if we were allowed to carry them on the bus. When we got the destination back in Bromley the driver was inspecting one by one at the bus door, checking if we had picked the bottles of water. I have spoken to SMC Coach hire advising them about the bad review, and they gave me a reply apologetic, but nothing more than that, which in my opinion, they should have gone an extra mile and give a refund (as I requested), as the whole point of hiring them was to get in my event in time, and this wasn’t achieved. The points that did frustrated me was the deficiency of reliability, first the bus being late and also if I didn’t call I would not be informed (that’s how I felt), also the lack of customer service by the bus driver. I hope they really step up and improve the service, because for the moment I would spend more and go somewhere else."
"Was part of a booking from Bournemouth to Gatwick and back from Stansted to Bournemouth. Transfer out was fine, but the driver didn't show for the return journey and at 1am 10 of us were left stranded 2 1/2 from home with no options other than a £550 taxi fee. Ok mistakes happen I guess, but the company then have the cheek to essentially only refund the one leg they didn't turn up to, leaving us all out of pocket! What message does that send?! At least admit it's a mistake and you'll cover the cost to show that you care about customers and reputation but from reading other reviews it seems this is all too common. Seriously, if you're considering getting a transfer, pay the extra few quid and use a company who are reliable, and more importantly care about their customers"
"Appalling service. Contacted to enquire of how local roadworks which would restrict access to pick up point would be handled and was told. "You'll get the driver's mobile number on the day and you can liaise with him then." Clearly not a coach company but an interface - like booking.com- but useless apart from SEO. Cancelled and booked local"
"very helpful staff. in particular Josh in the back office and the driver Alan. both very well informed employees with good local knowledge. we flew in to edinburgh and SMC Coach Hire had already taken our flight number so it could monitor our arrival time. just excellent attention to detail. coach was magnificent. roomy and spotless clean. the price was excellent. streets ahead of competitors for value."
"i work for them loads the best agency"
SMC Coach Hire is rated 2.33 based on 6 reviews