SLV.Global Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend SLV.Global

Tell us how SLV.Global made you happy

Telephone
Gabby
"If you are thinking about SLV.Global, stop thinking and book your placement now! I promise you, you will never regret it! Over my one month placement I acquired invaluable practical psychology experience, I made friends from all around the world, I learnt a language I never thought I would learn, and I fell in love with a culture, its people and... its food! Thanks SLV.Global and bon voyage to those reading this :)"
Sioned E
"The most life changing cultural and rewarding experience having the opportunity to work within an amazing team and in a field thaI I am most passionate upon. I did not realize how powerful non-verbal communication is until I joined the SLV.Global in Bali with the language barrier and the individuals who have severe mental health issues or hearing impairment; this is one of the valuable skills that I have developed for my future career in mental health A lot of the team had graduated or were graduating in psychology however this placement is beneficial for all areas working within mental health or individuals with learning disabilities. The weeks were occasionally challlenging, yet it was definitely worth every minute of it by making that small yet significant differnce on the individual and I would do it 100 times over if I could. SLV.Global were very supportive during the four weeks and I cannot thank them enough for the inspiring cultural experience outside of the westernised world. Not only has this developed my skills for my career yet I have gained amazing friends and memories that will last a life time!"
Maddalena
"I did a month of volunteering with the SLV global in Sri Lanka as mental health advanced placement. It was a unique, strong and intense experience. The team in Sri Lanka has been exceptional, everyone has a strong predisposition for this unique and splendid work. I worked and took part in various creative projects with volunteers and the team in Colombo, working with them and within the psychiatric ward was great. After this my professional and personal experience, something has changed within me and in my life. A month of emotions, a month of relationships, of hugs, of solidarity, of smiles. A unique experience absolutely to be redone. Thanks Slv global for this great opportunity."
"Meeting other psychology students at different stages of their degree was definitely invaluable to share ideas about our future!"
Thanks for your feedback, Alkistis! It was great having you on the team. Please keep in touch and best of luck with the future!
"The experience was very good. I did feel that there was hardly any diversity amongst volunteers. I feel greater efforts need to be made to include and reach out to volunteers in more universities, especially volunteers that are have more diversity in age and ethnicity."
Thank you so much for your feedback on your time in Sri Lanka! It's great to hear that your overall experience was positive. We are constantly striving to reach out to more students, graduates and universities as a whole; especially internationally. Many of our volunteers do come from UK universities as the UK is where SLV.Global is based, and where we started. We're always looking to spread the word and would love your help if you have any ideas about how we might be able to reach more people! Thanks again for the feedback and we are more than happy to help you with anything you need from us in the future. Thanks :D
"overall the projects are fantastic. The psychology placement is probably the weakest project but gives people something great for their CV. I however feel if it going to be called a psychology placement then there really ought to be more hours at NIMH and Halfway house. While I realise they are very intense places and the language barrier makes it difficult to build proper therapeutic relationships I feel that if people were visiting daily rather than once a week they would be able to gain a lot more as would the patients. In order to do that I realise you would have to change the placement a lot and I feel that making the number of people on the psychology placement much smaller and it something only for the most dedicated volunteers to do would greatly improve the project. I don't think it would take away from the over all number of volunteers as the other projects run are of a very high quality, better than some other organisations I know about."
SLV.Global is rated 4.64 based on 175 reviews