SLV.Global Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend SLV.Global

Tell us how SLV.Global made you happy

Maddalena
"I did a month of volunteering with the SLV global in Sri Lanka as mental health advanced placement. It was a unique, strong and intense experience. The team in Sri Lanka has been exceptional, everyone has a strong predisposition for this unique and splendid work. I worked and took part in various creative projects with volunteers and the team in Colombo, working with them and within the psychiatric ward was great. After this my professional and personal experience, something has changed within me and in my life. A month of emotions, a month of relationships, of hugs, of solidarity, of smiles. A unique experience absolutely to be redone. Thanks Slv global for this great opportunity."
Hi Maddalena, thank you so much for your review! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time on placement, learning both professionally and personally. You were a fab part of the team and we are so happy to have you as an SLV.Global Ambassador! Thanks again 😊
Molly
"My experience as part of the 4th July team in Bali last year was invaluable. Not only did I learn so much about mental health, special needs and how to plan and deliver projects but I was completely submerged into a beautiful culture and welcomed into a community and family with open arms and the warmest of smiles. The people I met and the experiences I encountered I will truly never forget. The four weeks were great for opening my eyes to which aspects I do and do not enjoy about working within mental health and special needs, and this has been invaluable in my decisions for my future career plans! The SLVGlobal team were nothing but supportive and helpful and have continued to be since my time with them last year."
Hi Molly, thank you for amazing review and picture! It was lovely to read about your experiences and how this has helped you on a professional level. Please do keep in touch and we wish you all the best for the future :)
Sioned R
"I volunteered in the 4th July placement 2016 and would never look back. Not only did I learn and develop so many new skills including team work, presenting, taking the initiative, project management and planning and resources, I made life long friends in which I've since had reunions with people from all over the world - from England, Ireland, wales Singapore and America! The experience I gained is so valuable and rewarding, and to have shared this experience with such amazing, like-minded people is very special. Thanks SLV for an incredible experience!!!!"
Hi Sioned, thank you so much for your fantastic review! We absolutely loved having you on the team last July and are so pleased to hear that you learned and developed so many new skills and made such strong friendships. We would be delighted to have you on the team again and wish you the best with your future plans. Please let us know if we can ever help you with anything :)
Unverified Reviewer
"I had such an amazing time I wish I was back there in Sri Lanka. Experiences I could never have had at home and I've made life long friends."
Hi there, thank you so much for your lovely review and gorgeous photograph! We're so pleased to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with us in Sri Lanka. Please let us know if we can help you with anything in the future and do stay in touch!
Mara
"I absolutely loved working at the different Projects in Sri Lanka. It could be qite demanding sometimes, but the nationals and SLV were really supportive and helpful. I learned a lot while working with so many different People with different abilities. But of Course it wasn't all about working, there was so much else to discover in Sri Lanka together with the other lovely volunteers."
Hi Mara, thank you so much for your fantastic review! :) you were a wonderful addition to the January 2017 team and we wish you the best of luck for the future - keep in touch!
Hannah
"The two months I spent in Sri Lanka were incredible. My home stay was wonderful, all the people were lovely and the food was delicious, I still have vegetable roti cravings!! It was probably the most intense time of my life but the work was so fulfilling I woke up every morning excited for the day ahead. The weekends were the cherry on top of the cake, being able to explore such a beautiful country and experience some things I never thought I would. The best being scuba diving along side giant sea turtles! I would recommend this experience to anyone. It gave me such a confidence boost and inspired me to go into teaching which is something I never thought I would pursue. Thank you SLV!"
Hi Hannah, thank you so much for your fabulous review! :) We thoroughly enjoyed having you on the team last year and are so glad to hear that you have fond memories of your time on placement. Scuba diving with giant sea turtles sounds absolutely fantastic! Let us know if we can ever help you with anything and please keep in touch!
Hayley
"Amazing opportunity with an incredible team. Yasintha, Manju and Sri were a great support and I had a wonderful time getting to know them as well as my fellow volunteers."
Thanks for sharing such a lovely review and picture, Hayley! We loved having you. Please keep in touch and all the best for the future.
Unverified Reviewer
"The experience of working and meeting new people"
Hi Tori, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. You were a fab part of the team! We wish you all the best for the future and please keep in touch :)
SLV.Global is rated 4.67 based on 169 reviews