SLV.Global Reviews

Telephone
Read SLV.Global Reviews

02070961718

info@slv.global

Tell us how SLV.Global made you happy
SLV.Global 5 star review on 28th February 2019
SLV.Global 5 star review on 21st July 2017
Sioned rhys
SLV.Global 5 star review on 17th July 2017
More Photos & Videos
SLV has helped me both personally and professionally more than I can put into words. It was a real challenge for me to be so far from home, my family and friends and to really throw myself into something completely different and new. I don't regret a thing. A brilliant experience, met some fantastic people and made lasting friendships. Thank you SLV.
After much research into volunteering I found slv to be the most ethically driven, as they continually provide care and teaching to individuals using detailed lesson plans that volunteers take over rather than constantly reteaching the same material as with most volunteering companies. I also gained invaluable experience in the national institute of mental health which is hard experience to find. it was very oorganised and helpful, the best experience of my life so far. Woukd definitely recommend.
Slv was the best thing I have ever done! Sri Lanka is not only amazing but the work that slv does clearly makes a difference and it is very noticeable! I just want to thank slv for allowing me to help them and without them I would not have been offered the job I've just got within a psychiatric rehabilitation hospital! So thank you again slv and definitely try it! You'll not regret it
I spent 4 weeks with SL Volunteers and it was a truly amazing experience having unrivalled access to so many different facilities and learning about an entirely new culture from a perspective I would have not have had without SLV. The projects are engaging yet challenging which makes the reward even greater. I would fully recommend to anyone interested. Go for it!
My experience with SLV was amazing and I would highly recommend volunteering with them! The country was lovely, the local people were amazing and the other volunteers made Sri Lanka seem like a home away from home. I thoroughly enjoyed the projects as they were tailored to suit you - if you wanted to run activities in mental health institutes, you could, and if you wanted to teach sports, you could.

Everyone I met there from children, patients and staff on the projects, to locals we met during the weekends, to "amma" (Sri Lankan for mum) and her family, were extremely welcoming and provided me with a great experience of Sri Lankan culture. Furthermore the SLV team are great and our project co-ordinators provided continuous support throughout.

Thank you SLV for an amazing 6 weeks :)
I had a fantastic time volunteering with SL Volunteers Sept-Dec 13. The projects were fun and interesting, if a little challenging at times. In particular, the mental health placement was a unique and invaluable experience that I will always remember. Learning about Sri Lankan culture whilst living and travelling around Sri Lanka was also a great experience, not to mention the many friends I made along the way.
I spent 3 months with SLV starting in September 2013, as part of the fairly recently established psychology placement. When i arrived, I moved into a house with 10 fellow volunteers; I was quite apprehensive at first, but within the first few days I was having the best time getting to know everyone and finding my way round. My projects were varied, each challenging me in a unique way, but this made it so much more rewarding when I found my feet and I soon fell in love with every single one of them. Sri Lanka is an incredible country, and gave me the opportunity to do so many things; I can honestly say that it was the best decision I have made to join SLV. Though you don't ever quite get used to the heat or the mosquito bites, it is a small price to pay when you come out of it having had so many fun and eye-opening experiences, learnt so much, and have met the most amazing people, who will be friends for life!
I had such an amazing time working in Sri Lanka with SLV. At the risk of sounding cliche, my experiences were life changing, from all angles, educational, personal and professional. Although the placement was extremely challenging at times, this made it what it was; and it gave me the opportunity to experience Psychology from an entirely different perspective and from a different culture too. I enjoyed every aspect of the placement, whether that was working on the wards at NIMH or teaching English in the Youth Centre. Everything contributed towards a future career in Psychology. The staff at SLV are fantastic! From the team in the London office before you depart, to the team in the SL office, the field staff, supervisors and project managers. You are supported every step of the way and given advice and guidance when you need it. Overall I loved my time with SLV. It had provided me with experience necessary to find a job in England but also taught me what a beautiful, welcoming country Sri Lanka is. I would recommend all Psychology graduates to apply for a role with SLV it is the opportunity of a lifetime!
I cannot recommend the psychology placement enough- I had such an amazing, varied experience and really did enjoy all of the projects. 12 weeks wasn't long enough!!!!!
Volunteering in Sri Lanka for five weeks was a truly wonderful and unforgettable experience. The country itself was beautiful, the other volunteers were a dream and the projects were everything I could hope for - very rewarding and varied. Although, at times, certain projects can be challenging you never feel as if you are left to go through them alone with support from the co-ordinators and the whole team making you feel very supported and secure during each project. There isn't a moment during my placement that I would change and working with SLV is something that I would highly recommend to anybody. Thank you for everything SLV!
I volunteered in Horana, during the summer of 2013 for 5 weeks. It was an amazing and very worthwhile experience. SLVolunteers are a brilliant organisation, have a wonderful ethos and they provide excellent training and support to all their volunteers before and during the volunteering experience therefore I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to volunteer abroad.
SLV.Global is rated 4.58 based on 180 reviews