SLV.Global Reviews

Telephone
Read SLV.Global Reviews

02070961718

info@slv.global

Tell us how SLV.Global made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
SLV.Global 5 star review on 28th February 2019
SLV.Global 5 star review on 21st July 2017
Sioned rhys
SLV.Global 5 star review on 17th July 2017
More Photos & Videos
I absolutely loved working at the different Projects in Sri Lanka. It could be qite demanding sometimes, but the nationals and SLV were really supportive and helpful. I learned a lot while working with so many different People with different abilities. But of Course it wasn't all about working, there was so much else to discover in Sri Lanka together with the other lovely volunteers.
SLV.Global 5 star review on 16th July 2017
Hi Mara, thank you so much for your fantastic review! :) you were a wonderful addition to the January 2017 team and we wish you the best of luck for the future - keep in touch!
I attended the week long placement in India. Yasintha, Manju and Sri were great coordinators ensuring everyone was enjoying their time and getting to truly experience India. I learnt a lot about the different culture and how that influences mental health treatments, whilst also getting to meet and hang out with a great bunch of people. Will be recommending the trip to my Psychology friends in Australia :)
Hi Sam, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! You were a fantastic asset to the India team and we're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your week with us and learnt lots about mental health in a different culture! Please let us know if we can ever help you with anything at all. Best of luck for the future!
The two months I spent in Sri Lanka were incredible. My home stay was wonderful, all the people were lovely and the food was delicious, I still have vegetable roti cravings!! It was probably the most intense time of my life but the work was so fulfilling I woke up every morning excited for the day ahead. The weekends were the cherry on top of the cake, being able to explore such a beautiful country and experience some things I never thought I would. The best being scuba diving along side giant sea turtles! I would recommend this experience to anyone. It gave me such a confidence boost and inspired me to go into teaching which is something I never thought I would pursue. Thank you SLV!
SLV.Global 5 star review on 14th July 2017
Hi Hannah, thank you so much for your fabulous review! :) We thoroughly enjoyed having you on the team last year and are so glad to hear that you have fond memories of your time on placement. Scuba diving with giant sea turtles sounds absolutely fantastic! Let us know if we can ever help you with anything and please keep in touch!
Amazing opportunity that provided great experience while giving me the opportunity to travel and meet lovely people.
Thanks for sharing your experience! It was a pleasure to have you on the team. Please keep in touch and all the best for the future.
Amazing opportunity with an incredible team. Yasintha, Manju and Sri were a great support and I had a wonderful time getting to know them as well as my fellow volunteers.
SLV.Global 5 star review on 13th July 2017
Thanks for sharing such a lovely review and picture, Hayley! We loved having you. Please keep in touch and all the best for the future.
Slv India was an amazing experience that has changed my life. I have gained skills that I would have not been able to have gained from my home country. The coordinators out there- Yasintha, Manju and Sri- were phenomenal.

The only things I would raise is that sometimes head counts were not done which left some people alone and behind and that information given prior to the programme was different to what was actually, for example the clothing needed, SIM cards, and a few other things. However it is still in its infancy stages the India programme so for these to be the only concerns shows how amazing the programme was.

I'm so happy to have experienced this and have also gained life long friends :)

Will definitely look to do more with SLV.
Hi Rebecca, thank you so much for your lovely review! It was fantastic having you on the 2nd July 2017 India team and we are so pleased to read that you had such an amazing experience. Thank you also for your useful feedback about the program- as you mentioned, the program is still in its infancy, so any comments you have are extremely helpful to us! We are aware of the head count problem on your team and we are in the process of finalising all of our India documentation. Best of luck for the future and we would be delighted to have you involved with SLV.Global again if your commitments allow! :)
I had such an incredible experience learning about the cultural aspects of mental health. Learning about the various ancient practices such as Yoga, was also extremely intriguing. I have made such wonderful friends, who will forever remain close to my hearts. Thank you SLV for this opportunity, it was life changing.
Thank you for sharing your experience. We loved having you on the team. Please do keep in touch and best of luck for the future.
The team made us feel very welcome and were extremely helpful and happy to be so. They made sure we were all comfortable and happy with what was going on and how things were going to work. I have definitely been recommending this program to others and will continue to do so. And maybe even participate in another of the programs.
Thank you so much for the lovely review, Ashley! We would love to have you back! Please do keep in touch and best of luck for the future.
My experience with SLV is something I will always value and appreciate! Not only did I have the opportunity to gain practical skills and knowledge about dealing with mental health care, but I also got to meet and work with an amazing team. All the projects were very organised and I got the chance to familiarise myself with educational and fun activities when dealing with vulnerable groups of people. I definitely hope I can go back one day!
Thanks for your dedication to the team and sharing your experience. We would love to have you back! Please do stay in touch and best of luck for the future!
Thank you SLV! What an incredible experience! I don't really know how to sum it up in a paragragh. I tried to tell a friend about it over facebook and ended up writing a 2000 word essay!! Shadowing a Psychiatrist was fascinating and travelling to some of the most breath-taking places was so much fun but the people I met are definitely what I will treasure the most. I was so inspired by everyone I met, the incredible people on the projects we went to and the other SLV volunteers and staff. You could walk into a project feeling blue but by the time you walked out be grinning ear to ear. The SLV staff and over volunteers were so supportive and kind and overall it was just so much fun!
Thank you so much for being a part of the team and taking the time to share your experience! We're thrilled to hear that you were affected in such a positive way. Please do stay in touch and all the best for the future.
I've just returned from a 5 week placement in Sri Lanka and had the time of my life. The support and information provided by SLV both pre-departure and whilst I was there was incredible. I met so many inspirational and exciting people, including both service users and fellow volunteers. I learned a lot about Sri Lankan perspectives of mental health from the diverse projects I was placed on and from discussions with Clinical Psychologists during the field trips. I would definitely recommend SLV to any psychology student who is thinking about it. I've yet to meet anyone who regretted it or had a bad experience- but I have met people who regretted not signing up! It's difficult to describe in words how valuable this experience has been, I wouldn't change it for the world. Thanks SLV!
Hi Lynsey, thank you so much for your lovely review! We loved having you on the team and wish you the best of luck. Please keep in touch :)
At first 3 months seems like a long time to be away from home, but as soon as you set foot in Sri Lanka and meet all the amazing people there, you realise that you've found yourself a new family and 3 months is no longer enough. I have met life-long friends who are just as adventurous as me, we have lived together and laughed together, sharing all the wonderful trips, projects and fun along the way. I would definitely say, do not hesitate to join SLV Global.

Definitely an unforgettable experience.
Hi Vivian, thank you so much for this lovely review! :) We absolutely loved having you on the team and we're so pleased to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Best of luck for the future and please do keep in touch.
I took part in the mental health programme in India in June and would like to thank SLV.Global for an amazing week! I have learned so much, and really enjoyed the different workshops we were able to attend. I loved the weekend trip to Mysore, and I am so grateful to the SLV.Global team for making my trip so enjoyable!
Hi there! Thank you so much for your wonderful review - we're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time on the India team and gained a lot from the experience. Best of luck for the future and do keep in touch!
It's been nearly a year since I took part in SLV Bali and I still reminisce fondly on my experience all of the time! My 4 weeks in Bali involved spending lots of time on amazing projects and working with and getting to know amazing people! SLV gave me an experience I will keep with me for life - an experience which has helped me feel prepared for the future and opened the door for a lot of opportunities since SLV. Moreover, SLV was a great opportunity to make friends for life too! Not a day goes by when I don't feel extremely grateful and fortunate to have taken part in such an incredible, amazing and unique opportunity!
Hi Sasha, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We appreciate everything that you did whilst being a part of the team in Bali and it's great to hear that you have gained so much from placement. Please do keep in touch and all the best for the future!
SLV.Global offers a great chance to discover other cultures and develop your skills in psychology.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Please keep in touch and we wish you all the best for the future.
I did the mental health placement in Sri Lanka and learned so much from my experience there. We were given the opportunity to work with a huge range of people and given a huge insight into mental health from a different cultural perspective. Sri Lanka is an amazing country and it was lovely getting to know the locals and spending time in the local community. I would definitely reccomend this placement to anyone looking for experience in the mental health field and love exploring different cultures!
Thank you so much for such an amazing review Eileen! You were an amazing member of the team and we wish you lots of luck for the future. Please keep in touch!
Thanks SLV.Global for an amazing week. The India trip was packed full of brilliant sessions and I learnt loads. I loved the yoga and mindfulness aspects of the week, as well as the weekend in Mysore. The SLV.Global staff were so welcoming to us. Thank you!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We're so glad you enjoyed the workshops and the mindfulness sessions. Please keep in touch, all the best for the future!
The India program was really amazing! Absolutely loved attending workshops on mental health and participating in the yoga and meditation sessions. The weekend trip to Mysore was a great way to end the wonderful week with amazing people!
Hi Chandni, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure to have you on our team in India and we're so glad you enjoyed the workshops and the yoga sessions. Please keep in touch, all the best for the future!
Absolutely loved every moment I spent in India the slv.global team were brilliant and the programme taught me so much from both an academic perspective and on a personal level thanks so much for this incredible opportunity
Hi Emma, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure to have you on our teams and it's fantastic to hear that you feel like you've gained from the experience, both academically and personally. Please keep in touch, all the best for the future.
I did both the mental health placement in Sri Lanka and the educational programme in India. I gain so much experience from both experiences within the field of global mental.
The placement in Sri Lanka gave me the opportunity to work with a range of different people, which has helped me a lot when applying for jobs back in the U.K.
The teaching placements also gave me transferable skills for both teaching and mental health, as I now feel much more confident with my public speaking and organisational skills. Especially since returning to the U.K. and delivering mental health workshops in my job.
The placement in Sri Lanka and programme in India were extremely well organised and the staff made me feel supported during both my trips with them.
Thank you SLV.Global!
Hi Billie, thank you so much for you commitment to both teams and taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure to have you on our teams and it's fantastic to hear that you have been able to apply your knowledge gained into your work. Please keep in touch and we wish you all the best for the future .
SLV.Global is rated 4.58 based on 180 reviews