Six Star Cruises Reviews

of reviewers recommend Six Star Cruises
Read Six Star Cruises Reviews

feedback@sixstarcruises.co.uk

Tell us how Six Star Cruises made you happy
Still waiting for a full refund on my cruise that was to sail on the 9th March but cancelled due to covid. Seem to be more interested in me booking another cruise or credit every time a phone them than giving me my refund.
I have used SS and never had a problem or reason to complain until now...... Updated 15 June : So it seems from lots of other glowing reviews, SS give great service if you're prepared to book another Cruise with them but not if you actually have a query or problem! Cruise booked with Seabourn, obviously cancelled, I waited to be contacted as instructed by the message customers get when they do try to call, nothing, no contact made, no email or call as it states on the website. It got to 10 days before the date we should have departed so I contacted them after I had read glowing reviews about how other customers had been helped with no problem and they were due to depart after my cruise. I eventually spoke to a Concierge and now have the Refund process in place but have to endure 90 days before I get my money back. Lesson learnt I should not have waited the 14 days and the whole process could have been started sooner. NOW ANOTHER PROBLEM! I have contacted SS several times regarding the Final Payment for another Cruise booked with them on Scenic Eclipse. The balance is due but I am not prepared to pay the 16K to find the Cruise cancelled and then have to wait another 90 days to get my money back. I eventually spoke to a Concierge again( Im not going to name) on the 9 June after I read on Scenics website that you can arrange a "Final Payment Extension", unfortunately she explained Scenic is not one of the Cruise Lines she deals with??? What is the point of managing to get to speak to someone after being on hold for a considerable time but who cannot actually help. She said she would email colleague and a contact at Scenic and would advise me by email...... Guess what another week goes by and I've heard nothing since. I am not prepared to lose my 4K Deposit. Please, please can someone just do what they say they are going to do or at least make contact. Not sure I would ever book with SS again....
Been trying to get a refund since 9 March 2020. Phone lines cut out. No longer answering emails. Cruise line advises they refunded 6star a week ago. How much longer will we have to wait for refund of money paid last November?
Very stressful, not given the correct information we required. We had to keep e- mailing to receive the information we required
I’m very unhappy with six star cruises and the difficulty I having with them in getting a refund of my money for my expensive holiday. I’m unhappy I’ve had a refund credit note imposed on me with no agreement or discussion of this. Dealing with the sales team to resolve is both frustrating and upsetting and if I hear about ABTA or ATOL well ... All I ask for is my money back within my consumer rights please. I’ve got more bookings with six star regrettably but after these will prefer to go to the lines directly as I’ve really lost confidence with this agent.
I’m very unhappy with six star cruises and the way it has tried to impose a refund credit note onto me instead of my rightful refund for my very expensive holiday. I Have had a real merry go round trying to deal with the sales department to try to sort this out I’m fed up with hearing all about ABTA and ATOL from them in place of paying my money back within my consumer rights. it’s a pity I have further bookings with six star cruises as I have lost all confidence with them . And after these will always book with the cruise line direct . It’s interesting that the scores for six six star and cruise 118 are very different on trust pilot !
Having booked through SixStar before I would normally give a better rating but not this time. Waited patiently to hear from them after Seabourn Cruise cancelled 6 weeks ago and after a web chat with Sandie who advised they were apparently dealing with customers in date order 14 days before original departure, fair enough. No contact from them so I decided to call after I read "glowing" reviews here about how efficient they had been in dealing with other customers and who it appears had affected Cruises after mine so I had stupidly waited 6 weeks. I was helped by Janet explained options and I decided to go for a Refund only to be told this would take Approx 90 days to be processed, yes 90 days, so over 4 months after the Cruise was cancelled.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service. Please feel free to reach out to us at feedback@sixstarcruises.co.uk with any further comments and we can address the matter internally. Please bear with us at the present time as we are dealing with an unprecedented volume of calls and emails, but we will ensure to resolve any issues as soon as we can.
I understand that every business has been disrupted by Corona virus, however most companies at least eventually get around to answering emails. I emailed our Specialist Travel Concierge 2 weeks ago and we have been promised a reply and are still waiting. What is the purpose of dealing with SIX STAR cruises when you simply cannot get hold of them in a time of a problem. Even there Live Chat does not work. Even if people are working from home, they should be able to respond electronically to customers. Six Star Cruises are happy to take your money and thereafter they simply leave you to try and sort your problems out. Really disappointed. The wheel will turn when the virus is controlled and customers will remember their past experience when choosing another cruise.
Revised review Since I posted my experience re our cancelled cruise March 18th I would like to offer an update. After exchange of emails and phone calls from Sheila and Dan I now have definite information regarding our credit. Dan has been particularly helpful in explaining the situation and now have clarity on situation. I therefore thank the team for their help in getting this sorted and will be happy to book future cruises with Six Star Cruises.
I have booked several high end cruises with Six Star in the past and had great customer service, but my recent experience has been beyond terrible. We decided to cancel our (fully paid for) June cruise due to the Covid-19 situation, knowing that we would lose our 20% deposit under the cancellation terms of the cruise line. However, when enquiring about cancelling, I was informed by Six Star that I would in fact lose 100% of the entire holiday cost - 20% of the cruise fare to the cruise line and everything else to Six Star. I would urge anyone booking with Six Star Cruises to ask for written confirmation of the booking terms and conditions prior to making any payment - and it is no use checking the Six Star T&Cs on their website or on their Six Star headed booking confirmation, because (to us) they cited a different set of T&Cs - of a different company (called The Cruise Club) and allege that it is these T&Cs which applied to our booking. In the event, the above did not come to pass because the cruise line itself issued a future cruise credit, direct to us which Six Star does not have access to, which covered the cruise itself (although not the ancillary transport and other costs). Good to know that the cruise line behaved honourably, even though the travel agent behaved so disgracefully. We will be taking this further, and I will update this review with the legal findings when they are available. I see from the other reviews that Six Star respond to the 'positive' reviews, but not to the 'negative' ones. Despite many requests and my clear dissatisfaction with the service I have been given, I have had no contact whatsoever from anyone senior within the company. Six Star will never again benefit from my business - not that they seem to care!
Paid for a cruise late November 2019. this is cancelled due to Covid virus. Requested a refund. Just had email giving me a credit note and saying I will not get a refund until after 31 July. Disgraceful way to treat customers. Many thousands out of pocket
Due to the corona virus our cruise with six star cruises departing 18th March 2020 was cancelled. Took about a week to get info on refund/credit. Every contact I have had since is because I contacted them first. Been told it could be up to 90 days to be settled (it should be 2 weeks) but at this stage I need clarity about what is going to be credited and what is being refunded, to date I am almost £12000 of of pocket and that does not include pre booked seats on the flights and shore excursions. Believe me I know they are working under immense pressure but that does not negate their responsibility to get the wheels in motion and keep me informed on a regular basis. Its interesting to read that those on future cruises are happy with their plight as they were offered future cruises. I was not given that option at the time of cancellation. The people I have spoken to are very approachable and doing their best but they appear to have no authority to issue immediate credits, particularly for the flights, hotels and transfers. On sending emails to my known contacts all I get is "out of office" message which adds to the frustration. When will someone in authority give me assurances that I need that I will get my money back. The longer this goes on the less likely it appears that I will. My last email dated 30th March has still not been replied to.
Booked a Silverseas Cruise due to sail next week through Six Star which has been cancelled. Told I may have to wait 90 days for my refund. Still trying to sell me another cruise in June don't expect they will wait 90 days before I pay. More chance of getting a booking for a Red Sea cruise from Moses. Avoid like the plague obviously have serious cash flow problems.
I have been a loyal customer of Six Star Cruises for the past 8 years, booking 6 cruises, our friends and family have also been introduced to cruising and booked through Six Star. However I have had the need to cancel a cruise with them for the very fist time due to an unexpected illness - I would add for a departure more than 120 days away. I read their terms and conditions and also those of my cruise company and was expecting to be charged £150.00 pp, plus an admin fee. But oh no, suddenly when you cancel you are no longer bound by their cancellation terms but a company called WTH who storm in and take the whole deposit and furthermore an extra amount for Six Star Cruises to be held by them and to be used on my next booking. Although I was happy with Six Star and their concierge service over the years I will never, ever use them again. Although we were not charged anything from Oceania Cruises with whom we had our cruise booked, Six Star took all of our £2200 deposit. After a complaint from me they reluctantly refunded £500. So I have lost so much money for something that was quite unexpected. Never again.
Worried a travel concierge has moved Machu Picchu from Peru to Argentina so concerned about the rest of our booking arrangements too especially transfer & hotels as we are both 75 & this is the trip of a lifetime to celebrate this & 56 year wedding anniversary
They were charming when I made my booking for a couple of days in Rome followed by a cruise on Royal Clipper. But, hotel in Rome had not been confirmed by them and we were left sitting on the hotel steps all afternoon. Eventually, new hotel,then,despite several reminders, the transfer to the boat failed to arrive. I found them really difficult to get any help from and to communicate with. Even worst,getting the refund for the taxi we had to organise and the small cost of a guided tour we had to miss, was excruciating. Any small compensation for the ruined time in Rome was out of the question. Royal clipper was great and anyone should book directly with them, NOT six star cruises.
You would not believe the stress and inconvenience we have had to undergo during our recent holiday as a result of booking through Six Star Cruises. To our dismay 75% of the excursions arranged on our behalf in 2019 by Six Star Cruises have failed to show up. Our most recent cruise was also blighted by misadvice given to us by various Six Star Cruises concierges concerning our disembarkation arrangements. It also became apparent to us that while trying to sort this latest mess out, that the Customer Relations Department at Six Star Cruises is under resourced. Whilst 'phoning the Customer Relations Department from over five thousand miles away we were put on hold for up to half an hour before the music stopped and our call dealt with (but not the problem). To our cost and inconvenience we have found the service from Six Star Cruises to be unreliable.
Thank you for your review, feedback good or bad is essential to help us identify areas where we need to improve. I am pleased to note that we have now resolved your complaint. Please be assured of our intention to deliver exceptional customer service every time.
Have used this company on several occasions and always been extremely happy with the service. However, the wheels seem to have come off! I emailed on 8th November regarding flights for a cruise in 2020 that has been fully paid for, and got a standard 'out of office' reply from the concierge. No problem there. Except I have subsequently emailed twice, and left a voice message for the concierge to call me ..... still waiting for a response. Not what I expect for an £11k cruise. If the concierge is unable to respond then someone else should be doing so on her behalf.
Following my experience I would not recommend Six Star Cruises to anyone. We're due to go on a Cruise holiday on Monday next week. Since we booked in February 2019 our booking has been fraught with problems, all caused by Six Star Cruises. They failed to confirm our booked excursions in our invoice and final confirmation. On two separate occasions for two different flights they failed to notify us of changes or make the necessary changes to the transfers. I had to chase up Six Star Cruises today to ensure we got out final documents before our departure. When we did get them a voucher was missing for one of our two excursions. The booking experience with Six Star Cruises has been most stressful and caused a lot of inconvenience to put right. If we had not found out about our flight changes by chance our cruise holiday would have been in tatters. I've made an official complaint to Six Star Cruises via their "feedback". They have failed to provide a reliable service. If you choose to book with them you do so at your own risk.
cannot be trusted
Good Evening, Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear you feel this way. If you would like to contact us on 0207 138 8302 our customer relations team will be more than happy to assist and gain more insight to your review. We look forward to hearing from you.
Six Star Cruises is rated 4.79 based on 3,447 reviews