Six Star Cruises Reviews

of reviewers recommend Six Star Cruises
Read Six Star Cruises Reviews

feedback@sixstarcruises.co.uk

Tell us how Six Star Cruises made you happy
Very stressful, not given the correct information we required. We had to keep e- mailing to receive the information we required
I’m very unhappy with six star cruises and the difficulty I having with them in getting a refund of my money for my expensive holiday.
I’m unhappy I’ve had a refund credit note imposed on me with no agreement or discussion of this.
Dealing with the sales team to resolve is both frustrating and upsetting and if I hear about ABTA or ATOL well ...
All I ask for is my money back within my consumer rights please.
I’ve got more bookings with six star regrettably but after these will prefer to go to the lines directly as I’ve really lost confidence with this agent.
I’m very unhappy with six star cruises and the way it has tried to impose a refund credit note onto me instead of my rightful refund for my very expensive holiday.
I Have had a real merry go round trying to deal with the sales department to try to sort this out I’m fed up with hearing all about ABTA and ATOL from them in place of paying my money back within my consumer rights.
it’s a pity I have further bookings with six star cruises as I have lost all confidence with them . And after these will always book with the cruise line direct .
It’s interesting that the scores for six six star and cruise 118 are very different on trust pilot !
Having booked through SixStar before I would normally give a better rating but not this time. Waited patiently to hear from them after Seabourn Cruise cancelled 6 weeks ago and after a web chat with Sandie who advised they were apparently dealing with customers in date order 14 days before original departure, fair enough. No contact from them so I decided to call after I read "glowing" reviews here about how efficient they had been in dealing with other customers and who it appears had affected Cruises after mine so I had stupidly waited 6 weeks. I was helped by Janet explained options and I decided to go for a Refund only to be told this would take Approx 90 days to be processed, yes 90 days, so over 4 months after the Cruise was cancelled.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service. Please feel free to reach out to us at feedback@sixstarcruises.co.uk with any further comments and we can address the matter internally. Please bear with us at the present time as we are dealing with an unprecedented volume of calls and emails, but we will ensure to resolve any issues as soon as we can.
I understand that every business has been disrupted by Corona virus, however most companies at least eventually get around to answering emails.

I emailed our Specialist Travel Concierge 2 weeks ago and we have been promised a reply and are still waiting. What is the purpose of dealing with SIX STAR cruises when you simply cannot get hold of them in a time of a problem.

Even there Live Chat does not work. Even if people are working from home, they should be able to respond electronically to customers.

Six Star Cruises are happy to take your money and thereafter they simply leave you to try and sort your problems out. Really disappointed.

The wheel will turn when the virus is controlled and customers will remember their past experience when choosing another cruise.
Revised review
Since I posted my experience re our cancelled cruise March 18th
I would like to offer an update. After exchange of emails and phone calls from Sheila and Dan I now have definite information regarding our credit. Dan has been particularly helpful in explaining the situation and now have clarity on situation.
I therefore thank the team for their help in getting this sorted and will be happy to book future cruises with Six Star Cruises.
I have booked several high end cruises with Six Star in the past and had great customer service, but my recent experience has been beyond terrible. We decided to cancel our (fully paid for) June cruise due to the Covid-19 situation, knowing that we would lose our 20% deposit under the cancellation terms of the cruise line. However, when enquiring about cancelling, I was informed by Six Star that I would in fact lose 100% of the entire holiday cost - 20% of the cruise fare to the cruise line and everything else to Six Star. I would urge anyone booking with Six Star Cruises to ask for written confirmation of the booking terms and conditions prior to making any payment - and it is no use checking the Six Star T&Cs on their website or on their Six Star headed booking confirmation, because (to us) they cited a different set of T&Cs - of a different company (called The Cruise Club) and allege that it is these T&Cs which applied to our booking.
In the event, the above did not come to pass because the cruise line itself issued a future cruise credit, direct to us which Six Star does not have access to, which covered the cruise itself (although not the ancillary transport and other costs). Good to know that the cruise line behaved honourably, even though the travel agent behaved so disgracefully.
We will be taking this further, and I will update this review with the legal findings when they are available.
I see from the other reviews that Six Star respond to the 'positive' reviews, but not to the 'negative' ones. Despite many requests and my clear dissatisfaction with the service I have been given, I have had no contact whatsoever from anyone senior within the company. Six Star will never again benefit from my business - not that they seem to care!
Paid for a cruise late November 2019. this is cancelled due to Covid virus. Requested a refund. Just had email giving me a credit note and saying I will not get a refund until after 31 July. Disgraceful way to treat customers. Many thousands out of pocket
Due to the corona virus our cruise with six star cruises departing 18th March 2020 was cancelled. Took about a week to get info on refund/credit. Every contact I have had since is because I contacted them first. Been told it could be up to 90 days to be settled (it should be 2 weeks) but at this stage I need clarity about what is going to be credited and what is being refunded, to date I am almost £12000 of of pocket and that does not include pre booked seats on the flights and shore excursions. Believe me I know they are working under immense pressure but that does not negate their responsibility to get the wheels in motion and keep me informed on a regular basis. Its interesting to read that those on future cruises are happy with their plight as they were offered future cruises. I was not given that option at the time of cancellation. The people I have spoken to are very approachable and doing their best but they appear to have no authority to issue immediate credits, particularly for the flights, hotels and transfers. On sending emails to my known contacts all I get is "out of office" message which adds to the frustration. When will someone in authority give me assurances that I need that I will get my money back. The longer this goes on the less likely it appears that I will. My last email dated 30th March has still not been replied to.
Booked a Silverseas Cruise due to sail next week through Six Star which has been cancelled. Told I may have to wait 90 days for my refund. Still trying to sell me another cruise in June don't expect they will wait 90 days before I pay. More chance of getting a booking for a Red Sea cruise from Moses. Avoid like the plague obviously have serious cash flow problems.
I have been a loyal customer of Six Star Cruises for the past 8 years, booking 6 cruises, our friends and family have also been introduced to cruising and booked through Six Star. However I have had the need to cancel a cruise with them for the very fist time due to an unexpected illness - I would add for a departure more than 120 days away.

I read their terms and conditions and also those of my cruise company and was expecting to be charged £150.00 pp, plus an admin fee. But oh no, suddenly when you cancel you are no longer bound by their cancellation terms but a company called WTH who storm in and take the whole deposit and furthermore an extra amount for Six Star Cruises to be held by them and to be used on my next booking.

Although I was happy with Six Star and their concierge service over the years I will never, ever use them again. Although we were not charged anything from Oceania Cruises with whom we had our cruise booked, Six Star took all of our £2200 deposit. After a complaint from me they reluctantly refunded £500. So I have lost so much money for something that was quite unexpected. Never again.
Worried a travel concierge has moved Machu Picchu from Peru to Argentina so concerned about the rest of our booking arrangements too especially transfer & hotels as we are both 75 & this is the trip of a lifetime to celebrate this & 56 year wedding anniversary
They were charming when I made my booking for a couple of days in Rome followed by a cruise on Royal Clipper. But, hotel in Rome had not been confirmed by them and we were left sitting on the hotel steps all afternoon. Eventually, new hotel,then,despite several reminders, the transfer to the boat failed to arrive. I found them really difficult to get any help from and to communicate with. Even worst,getting the refund for the taxi we had to organise and the small cost of a guided tour we had to miss, was excruciating. Any small compensation for the ruined time in Rome was out of the question. Royal clipper was great and anyone should book directly with them, NOT six star cruises.
You would not believe the stress and inconvenience we have had to undergo during our recent holiday as a result of booking through Six Star Cruises.
To our dismay 75% of the excursions arranged on our behalf in 2019 by Six Star Cruises have failed to show up.
Our most recent cruise was also blighted by misadvice given to us by various Six Star Cruises concierges concerning our disembarkation arrangements. It also became apparent to us that while trying to sort this latest mess out, that the Customer Relations Department at Six Star Cruises is under resourced.
Whilst 'phoning the Customer Relations Department from over five thousand miles away we were put on hold for up to half an hour before the music stopped and our call dealt with (but not the problem).
To our cost and inconvenience we have found the service from Six Star Cruises to be unreliable.
Thank you for your review, feedback good or bad is essential to help us identify areas where we need to improve. I am pleased to note that we have now resolved your complaint. Please be assured of our intention to deliver exceptional customer service every time.
Have used this company on several occasions and always been extremely happy with the service. However, the wheels seem to have come off! I emailed on 8th November regarding flights for a cruise in 2020 that has been fully paid for, and got a standard 'out of office' reply from the concierge. No problem there. Except I have subsequently emailed twice, and left a voice message for the concierge to call me ..... still waiting for a response. Not what I expect for an £11k cruise. If the concierge is unable to respond then someone else should be doing so on her behalf.
Following my experience I would not recommend Six Star Cruises to anyone. We're due to go on a Cruise holiday on Monday next week. Since we booked in February 2019 our booking has been fraught with problems, all caused by Six Star Cruises. They failed to confirm our booked excursions in our invoice and final confirmation. On two separate occasions for two different flights they failed to notify us of changes or make the necessary changes to the transfers. I had to chase up Six Star Cruises today to ensure we got out final documents before our departure. When we did get them a voucher was missing for one of our two excursions. The booking experience with Six Star Cruises has been most stressful and caused a lot of inconvenience to put right. If we had not found out about our flight changes by chance our cruise holiday would have been in tatters. I've made an official complaint to Six Star Cruises via their "feedback". They have failed to provide a reliable service. If you choose to book with them you do so at your own risk.
cannot be trusted
Good Evening,

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear you feel this way. If you would like to contact us on 0207 138 8302 our customer relations team will be more than happy to assist and gain more insight to your review.

We look forward to hearing from you.
We initially booked 2 cruises with Six Star. Before we have even taken the first trip, they changed travel consultants with no notification to us. We eventually managed to find out who has taken over our account. This transition has been a nightmare with the new consultant being incompetent. As we are travelling in 10 days we have been trying to obtain our hotel and transfer vouchers. The consultant has been of no help at all.

We are still without our vouchers and she still has not replied to our request to call us. Would appreciate a call from a Manager from Six Star Cruises and also for our account to be allocated to a competent advisor.

Really annoyed and disappointed about the lack of service.
Thank you for your review, feedback good or bad is essential to help us identify areas where we need to improve. I am pleased to note that a manager has now resolved your complaint. Please be assured of our intention to deliver exceptional customer service every time.
Helpful,charming when selling my my cruise on star Clipper.However,when we arrived in Rome to find no booking for our 2 nights,problems started. I had to ring,repeatedly to push them to secure us alternative hotel.Then , despite repeatedly reminding them, transfer to boat failed to arrive. On return,several tedious and argumentative phone calls were needed before they agreed to refund me around £200 in actual expense, excluding ruined pre- cruise stay in Rome and hours spent on phone trying to get a responsible person to care.
Thank you for your review.

As a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

We are profusely sorry for the problem you incurred on arrival at your hotel in Rome. I would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the service we usually offer as we were let down by our supplier. I am sorry that you feel you had to call us repeatedly to secure an alternative hotel. I can assure you that we did everything possible to re arrange your hotel once we were informed of the situation. Before booking an alternative room we had to establish that the original hotel did not have a reservation. These things can take time and I appreciate how stressful this situation must have been. I am glad that we secured you a new hotel room after an hour and a half.

We take all complaints seriously and a full investigation was launched and after our initial offer your case was referred to senior management to escalate your complaint. I am pleased that we have been able to come to an amicable outcome and we look forward to booking your next cruise.

Kind Regards

Customer Relations Executive
We originally booked a cruise and add ons with your booker called Donna Worsnip in January this your for a cruise in February 2020. We did all the work ourselves and told her exactly what we wanted. Which hotels, which rooms, business class flights etc. This was all agreed a package was given to us and we were then told certain elements cannot be booked as they weren’t on sale yet but would be booked as and when they became available. After a lot of pressure from ourselves the flights were eventually booked recently. Also again with persistent asking two hotels have been booked. However the main one we asked for is not available to you with your bookers. I have looked on cheap websites and it is now sold out to them so we could only go direct to the hotel at their prices as they do seem to have a few rooms available. Why should we be doing this and why has this not been dealt with. Other cruise companies are selling these hotels as part of their packages. Please can this be dealt with immediately. It is very stressful dealing with what was supposed to be a great holiday.
Thank you for your review.

I understand your frustration in reference to your booking and I apologise that we cannot secure a room at your required hotel. We book through several suppliers and not directly with hotels. This ensures we receive the best prices possible and often our suppliers have an allocation of rooms. The particular hotel you have requested is very popular and due to the uniqueness and popularity can be difficult to book. There are very few alternative hotels in this area hence the difficulty in finding a room. We are sorry that you have booked this hotel directly and would like to assure you that had we been able to secure a room we would have done so.

I hope that despite this issue you have a wonderful holiday.

Kind Regards