Shutl Reviews

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Shutl deliver?

How can I contact Shutl?

Tell us how Shutl made you happy

Email, Live Chat
"Disgraceful service!! They’ve lost 2 of my parcels in as many months saying the were damaged then claiming the contents were on their list of prohibited items. Their prohibited list is laughable. The only thing you would be able to post is a human being. Provided it’s only worth £25 of course! Avoid at all costs. Back to the good old Royal Mail for me."
Are you Shutl? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I have used Shutl for UK deliveries since October 2016. A recent audit revealed bookings that have been purchased at the small parcel rate of £2.79 that have actually been charged at a higher rate on the statements. 2 items were charged an extra £2.50 for admin charges for larger size/weight.All our items are 1.7Kg or below and are sent in standard size boxes of 12"x9"x4", which is within small parcel limits. These were refunded by Shutl after I sent photos of the boxes.Other overcharges were; Parcel to Ebay GSP in Lichfield,Staffs charged at £6.29 One to Ormskirk, Lancs charged at £6.44 and one to Birmingham charged at £5.84 and 5 bookings with a £1.18 extra charge for enhanced insurance, which we did not order. All of these are over 180 days and therefore I am un-able to raise a dispute with Paypal. Whilst I agree that we should have checked these charges earlier we would point out that we had a certain trust in an Ebay Company (misplaced) and that these extra charges should not have been levied in the first place. Shutl have ignored my requests for an explanation and a refund of these incorrect charges. It appears that they are happy to keep their ill gotten gains that were taken from my Paypal account. We have suspended all bookings with Shutl . I fail to understand why they would want to alienate a regular customer, who has spent over £625 with them, for a small gain of £16.10 that they owe me. Business suicide Shutl, un-fair and certainly less than honest."
"Beware of extra charges I have used Shutl for UK deliveries since October 2016. A recent audit revealed bookings that have been purchased at the small parcel rate of £2.79 that have actually been charged at a higher rate on the statements. 2 items were charged an extra £2.50 for admin charges for larger size/weight.All our items are 1.7Kg or below and are sent in standard size boxes of 12"x9"x4", which is within small parcel limits. These were refunded by Shutl after I sent photos of the boxes.Other overcharges were; Parcel to Ebay GSP in Lichfield,Staffs charged at £6.29 One to Ormskirk, Lancs charged at £6.44 and one to Birmingham charged at £5.84 and 5 bookings with a £1.18 extra charge for enhanced insurance, which we did not order. All of these are over 180 days and therefore I am un-able to raise a dispute with Paypal. Whilst I agree that we should have checked these charges earlier we would point out that we had a certain trust in an Ebay Company (misplaced) and that these extra charges should not have been levied in the first place. Shutl have ignored my requests for an explanation and a refund of these incorrect charges. It appears that they are happy to keep their ill gotten gains that were taken from my Paypal account. We have suspended all bookings with Shutl . I fail to understand why they would want to alienate a regular customer, who has spent over £625 with them, for a small gain of £16.10 that they owe me. Business suicide Shutl, un-fair and certainly less than honest."
"To say I’m disappointed is putting it lightly. I’ve had 2 problems with Shutl and I will NEVER use them again. CHECK the no compensation list as it is endless. They can get away with not paying compensation on numerous, everyday items you would assume would be ok to send and you would be covered should anything go wrong. I sold 2 mirrors on eBay, they got delivered via myHermes and both got broken en route. I am out of pocket by £60. I gave them a 2nd chance after my 1st experience below: Check measurements and weight more thoroughly on their website, do not rely on the info on eBay as I followed that then had an invoice for an extra £12 as they said the item was larger than I’d paid for although it was within the parameters on eBay. Needless to say, I find them a shoddy company and will stick with good old Royal Mail from now on."
"Report them to https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/if-you-need-more-help-about-a-consumer-issue/ I tried Hackney Trading Standards because the Head Office is in EC2A and they said to get onto Citizens Advice but also email them so they are aware of the dodgy companies in their area trading.standards@hackney.gov.uk"
"Shutl 'lost/stole' my parcel and then sent me an invoice for it. When I said I was not going to pay it they threatened to blacklist me which would affect my Ebay account. Something needs to be done about these thieves. The parcel was far too big to be 'lost' Whoever runs this racket should be arrested"
"The worse service I've ever experienced. Their delivery service is holding my item worth GBP150+ and yet they are threatening me for my outstanding invoice of GBP18 as I don't want to pay till I get my item back. They ignore my messages asking to get in touch with UPS to give me my item back and keep harassing me on email with threats and claiming ignorance about the issue."
"STAY AWAY!!!!!!! I have never been so let down by a courier service. I posted 6 wedding lanterns and they arrived completely smashed to pieces. They were made out of metal with small glass jars inside. Its not just the glass thats broke but the metal casing aswell. They looked like they had been stamped on by the delivery person! I wrapped them individually and inside and around the box. I stuck a ridiculous amount of FRAGILE tape all over the box. I have contacted them and guess what they won't cover any costs. The reason for this is even though the lanterns were metal (which is covered) because there was glass in with it then the whole item is then not covered! What an absolute joke of a courier company. I will never use these again and in my opinion should not even be trading. Reading other reviews it looks like they do not have any happy customers. They are very hard to deal with if you do have a problem. So you have been warned!"
"Shutl - Avoid At All Costs Shut is basically MyHermes in an eBay acquired disguise. Anyone who has had a bad experience with MyHermes can expect the same tardy service here. I have never had as many items get lost in transit or damaged as I have with Shutl. Nor have I ever had so much time wasted when bringing a claim. Any opportunity to wriggle out of the compensation you deserve will be taken. They will hope that you brought your claim too late but failing that they will do anything to argue that your item falls within their definition of prohibited items. That means they will categorise creams for example as liquids. In denying your deserved compensation for lost or damaged items, that will be the end of the matter as they see it. Try to appeal to them if you have more time to waste but certainly don't expect an explanation as to how your item was damaged or how your item mysteriously was lost in transit....or for that matter how they intend to improve a terrible service. Avoid at all costs. I will be using Royal Mail in future."
"ABSOLUTELY UNFIT TO TRADE AS A DELIVERY SERVICE! eBay obviously push Shutl onto eBay sellers heavily as they OWN Shutl... There is a reason why companies as bad as this have NO PHONE NUMBER! First they do not deliver, claim they have tried to deliver 3 times and left a card each time - no card left, then get in contact with the buyer and try and blame him! Then they tell me they tried a 4th time and the buyer had moved away - utter rubbish, confirmed by buyer. I immediately contacted them via email (only way you can contact them) and asked that they tell me where my parcel is so I could arrange my own courier to collect it. They gave a scripted response answering nothing, then send another mail saying they have processed a return and its on its way back and it will take 14 days! All this without asking where I would like the parcel returned to, and after I had asked they let me know where my parcel is so I can get it collected myself! The address they used is just a mailbox so cannot take parcels! My courier always asks before initiating a return to sender, where I would like it to go to. I then sent 5 more emails which were IGNORED and then out of the blue tell me it has already been delivered to the address I told them not to deliver to! Sent complaint email which was ignored again with a lame excuse of "Once as an item has been sent we are unable to guarantee that a returns address is amended", which is utter rubbish - I do this with my courier (FedEx) all the time! Now yet again they are not responding to emails, so now I am out of pocket as the buyer has had to be refunded!"
"I used Hermes in the past and thought I would try Shutl as it's 'attached' to ebay. Shutl are simply a 'go between' that take a cut and then pass the service onto a delivery company. In my case it was passed to Hermes They lost my parcel. Fortunately my customer was understanding but both he and I had to wait more than two week for them to do an investigation and to be told they had lost the parcel (it contained a valuable pair of boots that obviously someone had taken a shine to). I was told they couldn't get in contact direct with the courier because they hadn't got mobile phones?! Support from ebay was non existent. Even though the service is done through them they say they have no responsibility. Very fortunattely I had insured the parcel and was eventually refunded the amount I had insured. I then get an invoice/bill from Shutl saying I owe them the amount I paid to insure the parcel? So, not only did they lose my parcel and cause me untold hassle, time and grief but they now want money from me for losing my parcel???? Beggars belief. When contacting support they were a waste of time. So I'm left out of pocket because of Shutl's inability to provide the service I paid them for. I did tell them that when the 'contract' is taken out they should clearly state that any insurance amount paid if THEY lost the parcel and THEY didn't deliver then the insurance amount paid is non refundable. They do not state this at the time of the contract with them being taken out So, not only did they lose my parcel they then want me to pay them for losing it?! No idea where I stand legally on this but Shutl has an obligation to state the insurance element amount is non refundable in the event of their failure to deliver on the service paid for Needless to say I will never use them or Hermes again and recommend other people avoid them"
"Avoid this company. I sent an item 3 weeks ago through the link provided by ebay to the address provided by the buyer, which was a shop. The shop refused the item as they do not do business with Shutl. My parcel has since gone missing in the system and my Hermes driver says it was probably stolen by one of the temporary workers. Shutl are now saying that I sent a 'prohibited' item. It was unharmful toiletries, triple packed so no chance of contaminating anyone!. They are using this excuse so they don't have to pay my compensation. It's a disgusting company and I will never use again."
"Lost my item. No compensation as I did not pay insurance. Why should I pay to insure in case they cant do their jobs? Why am I paying for them to lose items? I did everything right. Printed label off eBay so no mistakes.. Pathetic"
"Completely useless and why are EBay involved with them ?! Should be closed down really and they are an un-delivering company."
"Do not use. Damage your parcel then tell you your not covered. Total scamming company"
"WARNING - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY They will try to fraudulently charge extra. I sent an envelope size 44 x 31 x 3cm and they claimed it exceeded 45 x 35 x 16cm and surcharged me! It is not a convenient way to send - stick with Royal Mail"
"It amazes me how quickly businesses are quick to take money out of your account but when they offer a horrendous service, suddenly remember T&C's and are full of excuses. I usually use Parcel2Go or RoyalMail for my eBay postage; no damaged deliveries & have only lost 2 w/ RM. Which they refunded. I changed to eBays Shutl, as it seemed more convenient. A HUGE mistake. 2 of my items have been lost w/ Hermes & Shutl have avoided resolving. 1st: Items were lost & reported to Shutl to resolve/refund. They waited unitl their 30 day claim period past, before emailing to say they couldnt process.(I reported within the 30days). I had to refund the seller & lost my item & money 2nd: Sent a natural essence, not even 2.5ml in content. The essence was in a tin bottle & well packaged. They claimed its a perfume & on their prohibited list. Ive sent the same items 6x through Parcel2Go (Hermes).. with no issues. Ive now lost my item & money, again. Please stay away from them! Don't bother going to their parent company (eBay) for help. They're just as incompetent. STAY AWAY"
"I wish I could leave no stars as 1 is generous! The courier service is appalling, seems like they cannot be bothered. I have had 2 parcels "lost" and a 3rd is currently awol all within a month. I recieved compensation for 1, the other was classed as not lost because the courier said they had delivered it through the letter box ..er.. there was no way it would fit through a letter box! so I had to refund the buyer but got nothing back. The 3rd.. well.. we are still waiting to solve this mystery but I am not hopeful. Once is unfortunate, twice is unacceptable but 3 times is definitely taking the mick! I will not be risking a 4th."
"bloody useless no worse than bloody useless"
"If I could leave zero stars I would. They reject genuine claims for packages not delivered with ridiculous rules. Avoid this company and use someone else. If there is an issue they will do everything by practice to avoid responsibility."
Shutl is rated 1.17 based on 24 reviews