Shutl Reviews

Delivery

How does Shutl deliver?

How can I contact Shutl?
Click Here

Tell us how Shutl made you happy

Email, Live Chat
"This service is a con, I used the service back in May, it stated that it was free to print labels, at the end of the month I was billed for £2.50 per label for this service, I have scince complained to trading standards as they are deliberately misleading their customers into using a service that is not free. When I contacted shuttle they also lied to me and told me the payment was for delivery, but I had already paid that, I would advise anyone who has had the same experience to contact trading standards."
Are you Shutl? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"They provided me with a wrong tracking number and caused me a loss on my transaction."
"its cheaper to send a parcel directly with Hermes than with ebay Shutl. As for their customer service, that's non existent. You are better off talking to a brick wall then them. Avoid"
"Worst experience ever using shutl via EBay after a month of emails regarding missing ,damaged parcel I have no correspondence and looking to be out of pocket of £160 worth of goods please do not use this service as the are the worst customer service and 90% of there item that are shipped are either lost or damaged or possibly stolen by staff also 99.9% of the item you will send via shutl will be a prohibited item Beware of this rediculous company"
"Apparently now plastic is also not covered under compensation! Sold a plastic rear view reflector (to extend your car mirror view) via ebay. Despite it being a large package and very well padded the hermes courier shoved it through a letterbox, thus snapping it. Shutl refuse to compensate as they say it is a mirror and excluded under their fragile/breakables policy. This is a piece of plastic! When contacted they are rude and are unable to grasp the simple fact that this is not a glass mirror. As it has mirror in the title (rear view mirror extender), they say it is "a mirrored item"! They therefore need to state that they basically don't compensate for anything plastic, if this is the case. Their reviews are shocking and no wonder why! On another review site, when this review was posted (which astonishingly they replied to within about ten minute), they assured me that if it was plastic they would compensate and advised me to get in contact. When I did, they still refuse to compensate, despite having said they would on a public platform. This is extremely dishonest."
"NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY, AVOID THEM. THEY HAVE LOST MY ITEM AND THEN REFUSED TO EVEN COMPENSATE ME. VERY DISHONEST BUSINESS."
"I sent some horse brushes after selling them on eBay and the packaging arrived damaged and some of the brushes are missing I tried to get compensation for the loss and the fact that they damaged the packaging making it look like I had made a mistake all they keep saying is how much am I offering the buyer it is their fault why should I pay won't ever be using them again getting compensation from them it is easier to get blood from a stone"
"no phone line numerous changes of directors/ceo was owned by ebay but moving to in august 2019 BEWARE- their compensation list is different to any of the couriers you might choose. I chose enhanced compensation and Hermes as the carrier. Hermes have confirmed they cover lampshades. However, shutl said when they have the word 'lighting' in thier non compensation list , that lampshades are not covered. Parcel (cardboard box ) is very clearly smashed in by hermes and Shutl are saying not covered but if i had booked directly through hermes and not Sutl I would be covered."
"No phone number, billing more than they should for parcels. Lost parcel no way of getting in touch, not able to easily add collection and insurance (must be there but just never found it!) I will be doing it the old fashioned manual way through Hermes from now on! Yes Hermes are bad, but as Shutl are a bulk customer they are not even able to get basic info from Hermes!"
"Disgraceful service!! They’ve lost 2 of my parcels in as many months saying the were damaged then claiming the contents were on their list of prohibited items. Their prohibited list is laughable. The only thing you would be able to post is a human being. Provided it’s only worth £25 of course! Avoid at all costs. Back to the good old Royal Mail for me."
"I have used Shutl for UK deliveries since October 2016. A recent audit revealed bookings that have been purchased at the small parcel rate of £2.79 that have actually been charged at a higher rate on the statements. 2 items were charged an extra £2.50 for admin charges for larger size/weight.All our items are 1.7Kg or below and are sent in standard size boxes of 12"x9"x4", which is within small parcel limits. These were refunded by Shutl after I sent photos of the boxes.Other overcharges were; Parcel to Ebay GSP in Lichfield,Staffs charged at £6.29 One to Ormskirk, Lancs charged at £6.44 and one to Birmingham charged at £5.84 and 5 bookings with a £1.18 extra charge for enhanced insurance, which we did not order. All of these are over 180 days and therefore I am un-able to raise a dispute with Paypal. Whilst I agree that we should have checked these charges earlier we would point out that we had a certain trust in an Ebay Company (misplaced) and that these extra charges should not have been levied in the first place. Shutl have ignored my requests for an explanation and a refund of these incorrect charges. It appears that they are happy to keep their ill gotten gains that were taken from my Paypal account. We have suspended all bookings with Shutl . I fail to understand why they would want to alienate a regular customer, who has spent over £625 with them, for a small gain of £16.10 that they owe me. Business suicide Shutl, un-fair and certainly less than honest."
"Beware of extra charges I have used Shutl for UK deliveries since October 2016. A recent audit revealed bookings that have been purchased at the small parcel rate of £2.79 that have actually been charged at a higher rate on the statements. 2 items were charged an extra £2.50 for admin charges for larger size/weight.All our items are 1.7Kg or below and are sent in standard size boxes of 12"x9"x4", which is within small parcel limits. These were refunded by Shutl after I sent photos of the boxes.Other overcharges were; Parcel to Ebay GSP in Lichfield,Staffs charged at £6.29 One to Ormskirk, Lancs charged at £6.44 and one to Birmingham charged at £5.84 and 5 bookings with a £1.18 extra charge for enhanced insurance, which we did not order. All of these are over 180 days and therefore I am un-able to raise a dispute with Paypal. Whilst I agree that we should have checked these charges earlier we would point out that we had a certain trust in an Ebay Company (misplaced) and that these extra charges should not have been levied in the first place. Shutl have ignored my requests for an explanation and a refund of these incorrect charges. It appears that they are happy to keep their ill gotten gains that were taken from my Paypal account. We have suspended all bookings with Shutl . I fail to understand why they would want to alienate a regular customer, who has spent over £625 with them, for a small gain of £16.10 that they owe me. Business suicide Shutl, un-fair and certainly less than honest."
"To say I’m disappointed is putting it lightly. I’ve had 2 problems with Shutl and I will NEVER use them again. CHECK the no compensation list as it is endless. They can get away with not paying compensation on numerous, everyday items you would assume would be ok to send and you would be covered should anything go wrong. I sold 2 mirrors on eBay, they got delivered via myHermes and both got broken en route. I am out of pocket by £60. I gave them a 2nd chance after my 1st experience below: Check measurements and weight more thoroughly on their website, do not rely on the info on eBay as I followed that then had an invoice for an extra £12 as they said the item was larger than I’d paid for although it was within the parameters on eBay. Needless to say, I find them a shoddy company and will stick with good old Royal Mail from now on."
"Report them to https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/if-you-need-more-help-about-a-consumer-issue/ I tried Hackney Trading Standards because the Head Office is in EC2A and they said to get onto Citizens Advice but also email them so they are aware of the dodgy companies in their area trading.standards@hackney.gov.uk"
"Shutl 'lost/stole' my parcel and then sent me an invoice for it. When I said I was not going to pay it they threatened to blacklist me which would affect my Ebay account. Something needs to be done about these thieves. The parcel was far too big to be 'lost' Whoever runs this racket should be arrested"
"The worse service I've ever experienced. Their delivery service is holding my item worth GBP150+ and yet they are threatening me for my outstanding invoice of GBP18 as I don't want to pay till I get my item back. They ignore my messages asking to get in touch with UPS to give me my item back and keep harassing me on email with threats and claiming ignorance about the issue."
"STAY AWAY!!!!!!! I have never been so let down by a courier service. I posted 6 wedding lanterns and they arrived completely smashed to pieces. They were made out of metal with small glass jars inside. Its not just the glass thats broke but the metal casing aswell. They looked like they had been stamped on by the delivery person! I wrapped them individually and inside and around the box. I stuck a ridiculous amount of FRAGILE tape all over the box. I have contacted them and guess what they won't cover any costs. The reason for this is even though the lanterns were metal (which is covered) because there was glass in with it then the whole item is then not covered! What an absolute joke of a courier company. I will never use these again and in my opinion should not even be trading. Reading other reviews it looks like they do not have any happy customers. They are very hard to deal with if you do have a problem. So you have been warned!"
"Shutl - Avoid At All Costs Shut is basically MyHermes in an eBay acquired disguise. Anyone who has had a bad experience with MyHermes can expect the same tardy service here. I have never had as many items get lost in transit or damaged as I have with Shutl. Nor have I ever had so much time wasted when bringing a claim. Any opportunity to wriggle out of the compensation you deserve will be taken. They will hope that you brought your claim too late but failing that they will do anything to argue that your item falls within their definition of prohibited items. That means they will categorise creams for example as liquids. In denying your deserved compensation for lost or damaged items, that will be the end of the matter as they see it. Try to appeal to them if you have more time to waste but certainly don't expect an explanation as to how your item was damaged or how your item mysteriously was lost in transit....or for that matter how they intend to improve a terrible service. Avoid at all costs. I will be using Royal Mail in future."
Shutl is rated 1.11 based on 35 reviews