How would you rate
"The service was great. Everything was explained to me and i was treated in very professional manner. Thank you"
"Used today and fitted me extra RAM as Mac quiet slow. Agreed parts were in stock before I arrived and cost.
The extra memory works very well, they fitted whilst I waited only 10mins.
Price quoted charged so very happy also staff nice to deal with.
"Great guys! Due to a swollen battery my iPhone's screen got damaged. I needed an urgent repair for my work mobile phone and they changed battery and screen in just 10 min, right before closing time. And the price was very fair, too."
"I rang up because my battery on my mac air was running down v fast. They didn't have the battery because it is an old model but ordered one in for me without asking for any payment or my name or anything. Some weeks later I came in. They had the battery and fitted it then and there in ten minutes.
They are much better than the iStore on the Strand which is where I have been going up until now. No longer!"
"They put a faulty hard-drive into my computer and later refused to reimburse me, saying that they only have a 90 day warranty. It took a long time until the problem was properly diagnosed as being hard-drive related, which is why I did not return it within 90 days. Very disappointing.
The service was also unreliable and took much longer than initially promised. I would strongly recommend against using Shoreditch Macs."
"These guys are great, honest 100% and they do a great job at a great price. So happy my Mac works now. I had a quote from somewhere else fro £300 and they fixed for £75. Good honest people, 5 stars guys!"
"Had my MacBook serviced today with an SSD update. really can't thank the team enough, not only was it don't in record time at an affordable price, but they really put the time in to make sure I got the best bang for my buck. my MacBook feels like brand new now! highly recommend !!"
"they fixed my mac air rapidly and efficiently. Was very happy with the demonstrate professionalism of the staff.
been to several mac repairs and this one is by far the best service I've received in London in years."
"I had serious problems with my new Iphone X, I went to see Rez at Shoreditch Macs who managed to sort everything out easily. Amazing treatment and customer care, I really recomment them to anyone for any Apple product."
"Fast service, great communication, calls returned as promissed, good prices, frinedly. What else do you want ?"
"I cracked my mac pro retina screen (mid 2014, 13") and got it fixed by them. Reasonable price and good product. They got everything fixed within 30 minutes. I will definitely recommend it."
"If bad customer service was an Olympic sport, these guys would bring home the triple gold like Usain Bolt and break all world records. Apologies for the length of this review but dealing with these people was just a long drawn out and painful process. Please read below to see why you should avoid these cowboys at all costs.
I recently damaged my new Macbook by spilling liquid on it. I originally took it to the Mac Store to get it fixed but the price they quoted was ridiculous so I decided to look for a cheaper option. I found Shoreditch Macs through Google who agreed to do the same repairs for £750. Below is a chronological account of my customer experience with them.
· Friday 22nd of September - Went into the store and dropped off my Mac for repair. I also gave them a complete list of parts that needed fixing from when I went to the Apple store. They explained to me that they would need to send the Macbook to a repair centre, which I agreed. They sent the list of parts that needed replacing to the repair centre with my Mac.
· Monday 25th of September - Received an email stating that they could repair my Macbook for £750 all inclusive and “will take 5-7 days to fix” and that I might even get it back by the end of the week.
· Monday 2nd October - Called their office to enquire if the Macbook was ready. Was told they didn’t know and that they would chase the repair centre and call me or email me back. No one called me or emailed me back.
· Tuesday 3rd October - Same as the day before.
· Wednesday 4th October - Phoned again, again told they didn’t know and needed to chase the repair centre for the 3rd day in a row. Emailed me to tell me my Macbook wouldn’t be ready before the following Wednesday (11th October), which would take it up to 16 days (13 working days). I responded to the email straight away asking what was the reason for the delay, this was again ignored even though the manager admitted he had read my email when I spoke to him face to face.
· Wednesday 11th October – I called the office asking for an update, by this time I had given up expecting them to contact me by phone or email. I was told the Macbook would be ready Friday.
· Thursday 12th October - Received a call from Shoreditch Macs, which was a shock as all their staff are apparent petrified of phoning customers. At this point I was angry but glad my experience was coming to an end and I could be done with these incompetent people. However, I was informed that the they had not fixed the water damage on the screen even though I gave them a completed list of parts that need replacing. I was also told that I would be charged £450 for the works done so far, but didn’t mention that this was not including VAT, so that was another nice little surprise.
So, to summarise so far, because there’s a lot and I’m not even finished yet:
· Told me they could replace all parts on my Macbook – Only fixed half of the things on my list.
· Told me it would take 5-7days to fix – Had my Macbook for 24 days.
· At no point called or emailed to update me on why it was taking so long.
· When I did get through to them on the phone was told they would chase the repair centre and get back to me. Didn’t call me back once.
So, the following Monday I decided to go into their offices and speak to the manager as it would be harder to ignore me in person. I spoke to the manager who seemed intent on blaming the repair centre even though it was his staff who had ignored me all this time. As I explained to him I was his customer and I had no contact with the repair centre so that excuse didn’t wash with me.
In order to rectify the situation, he offered me a 10% discount and a replacement Mac while he would send my Mac to the repair centre again. I suggested that I pay for the works they had done (£540) and that they do the remaining free of charge to make up for the time wasted and stressed cause by them. The manager didn’t seem to bothered in all honesty and was reluctant to make a better offer.
At this point the manager told me I was being ‘unreasonable’ so I declined his offer as I didn’t want to give these guys any more of my time and money. I paid for the remaining works and left.
If only it ended here but I got home and realised my Macbook was locked with a login screen that they failed to mention when I went to pick it up. They knew about it as they must have turned it on to know that the screen hadn’t been fixed by the repair centre. I emailed them that night, guess what, was told they would chase the repair centre. Either the repair centre is on the dark side of the moon or they are trying to contact them by carrier pigeon as this took another 2 days of me emailing them and them ignoring me just to login to my Macbook.
So, if like customer service that take 3 times as long as it should, being ignored, mislead or maybe you have a broken device that you only need half fixed, give Shoreditch Macs a call. On second thought don’t call them because they never answer the phone number that is on their website anyway it just goes to voicemail, even if you call them 2-3 times in a row.
And to the Manager of the store:
I know you have to respond to this review so you can be seen to doing all you can to make the customer happy (great job so far by the way). I don’t want to hear how sorry you are. If I had a pound for every time you apologised I could have just bought a new Macbook. I also don’t want to hear about how this is all the repair centres fault. You choose to send it to them, if you do business with incompetent people then you are incompetent by association.
I would also like to point out that fixing my screen free of charge would have been a one-off fee, now you have a bad review for your business that is permanent and will keep costing you new customers. I hope you have learnt a lot from this encounter as I sure have."
"I am totally Mac illiterate, and thanks to the wonderfully competent , on schedule, assistance I have walked away from Shoreditch Mac with a big smile on my face and still a few pounds left in my pocket. I think these guys brilliant and so kind too. A real life saver if you have a Mac and need it for your work."
"Shoreditch Macs did an outstanding job. They were cheerful and dedicated despite some frustrating issues with our studio set up. They persevered to overcome the problems. Thanks to them we now have wi-fi coverage everywhere in our workspace and our Macs, servers, printers, hard drives, and all, are linked and talking to each other very fast and reliably. Thanks guys. Best, Richard@wawa"
"Just went in as my laptop wasn't turning on, Mosin was incredibly helpful and fixed it in 10 minuites. Great customer service and lovely guys. Fast and proffesional."
"The service was timely and of high quality."
"Didn't solve my problem"
"Great product, competitively priced. Knowledgable staff. Thank you"
"Knowledgeable, efficient, friendly and a fair price."
"Prompt, efficient and friendly service"