Shiply Reviews

Difficult
Read Shiply Reviews

support@shiply.com

Shiply,Floor 3, 207 Regent Street

Tell us how Shiply made you happy
Shiply can be trusted and puts right its mistakes. Its IT system seems very good albeit that it wont cope with different deliveries from one pick up. Shiply staff are straightforward and helpful although can be difficult to reach via email or phone. Overall Shiply does very well to ship items around the country at such reasonable cost.

Thanks for your review.

We have been unusually busy during this period of lockdown so please be patient with us when trying to get through to our support team.

Tim
Tried to contact Shipley directly by phone. Told I was number five in the queue. I waited for several minutes only to be told that there's no-one to take my call. Great delivery driver, but I would have appreciated a call as he was leaving Birmingham with an ETA. Good service, let down by poor company support.
Hi Ray,

I am sorry that you were not able to get through to our support team.

We have been busier than usual so please accept our apologies.

If you are calling about something specific to your delivery or job then it is recommended that you contact your chosen transport provider directly rather than Shiply, as we don't know what arrangements you have made with them.

Simon
Shiply service was good . But after that not so . No point in getting the best price if it takes so long to actually get delivery.
I needed a motorbike delivering. I was bombarded by every mankey white van totter under the sun! Every one of them said they had full insurance which was backed up by Shipley website information. None of this could be trusted. Even just going on the Shipley details could not be trusted. One guy who pretended to be a specialist had snapped both clutch and brake levers off a custom buell!!. Shipley would be more honest if they just said our list is open to everybody and we do no checks. But the wrap it up in the pretence that you are looked after and this is not the case. They also charge 30% to the driver, daylight robbery! It all became clear when I found out Shipley is owned by eBay and we all know how insidious they are.

In the end I found a fantastic professional and economic driver via the Shipley site but it took me a lot of correspondence with him to feel comfortable.

You will be ok if you think of Shipley as a search engine but don't for one minute think they offer any umbrella of protection or pre vetting

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a wholly positive one.

There are however some thing I must clarify.

Firstly we are not owned by Ebay, we are an independent company.

I'm not sure what gave you that impression but if you would like to do some further research I'm sure you'll find we are not owned wholly or partially in any manner by Ebay.

We do offer our users integration with the Ebay platform (as do many others) to improve their user experience, but that doesn't mean we are owned by Ebay.

Secondly we do perform checks on all registered transport providers before they are allowed to operate on the Shiply platform.

This includes documentation checks, ID and even a facial recognition check to ensure their submitted form of ID is indeed a true likeness.

Thirdly we do not charge drivers 30%, or anything for that matter.

I appreciate your frustration but would also appreciate it if you would do some further research before posting things which are simply not true as this does us a disservice and is an inaccurate reflection of the service we offer.

Please contact our customer support team to get any further outstanding issues sorted or to voice your concerns about anything else.

We can be contacted on 020 3137 2454 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, or alternatively, send us an email to support@shiply.com

Anne
Quick arrival of quotes, but let down by first two, one did not bother to reply to a question, other one said after a day he did not deliver this way.. Took 17 days to finally arrive,but well packaged and polite driver.
Hi,

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one. Please contact our customer support team to get any outstanding issues sorted.

Anne
Vetting needs to be improved as I wasted valuable time waiting for a reply from someone who quoted and then would not respond.

Eventually found someone to do it but it cost me more than the cheapest quote.

Will probably use again if I'm in no hurry, but will shop around.

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one.

Response time is not correlated to our vetting process.

We have a thorough vetting process in place, but we can't control or force transporters to reply in a timely fashion.

Please contact our customer support team so we can look further into this and get this issue sorted.

Anne
Job is done but , Shiply fee is to high with loss of competitivity in case of important demand . Probably based on % , split of total rates = 25 % for Shiply and 75 % for forwarder .

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one.

Please contact our customer support team to get any outstanding issues sorted.

Anne
Communications need to improve, delays in pickup/delivery timelines are often accepted by users if they are communicated in advance.

Anne
Impossible d'avoir les coordonnées du livreur, on peut juste échanger via le site.

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one.

Please contact our customer support team to get any outstanding issues sorted.

Anne
Great price (50% cheaper than first initial offer from another provider. Swift initial response, but hard to contact, and in the end took 4 days longer than needed. You get what you pay for. A few simple improvements in communication would push this to good.

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one.

Please contact our customer support team if you have any outstanding issues you would like us to resolve.

Anne
Up till this last delivery it's been great but the las delivery by Dsp-Pro was very disappointing I purchased a large mobility scooter as a special gift it was AS NEW bar one rear mudguard which had damage, I picked this company due to seeing ad with scooters tetherd and covers up also meant to have either ramps or rear lift ! The scooter arrived with scratches all around some deep and a couple of other marks on instruments, I contacted sellers they told me the scooter was bundled in with loads of other things they had NO ramp or lift and did not tear her or cover it up.
I saw it taken out the van this end and it was lifted out amongst other things in the van.
The guy told me he took photos of the scooter before leaving, when I later asked to see photos he would not show me, I asked for his insurance details he would not let me have them saying he would do the claim I asked for a form to fill in again negative response
He then had a nasty attitude
The left a review on me saying FRAUD I'm discussted
with them so user be ware
This is 100% true and it's not the whole story as it would take up much more time.
But this was a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE
Take care

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one.

Please contact our customer support team to get this sorted.

Anne
Website & booking all great. But carrier took ages to collect and had to half empty his van to re-pack which is ok except I said he could collect in the evening from our house and he didn't leave till 10.40pm.
Would use again though.
J.H.

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one.

Please contact our customer support team to get this sorted.

Anne
This is proving to be a protracted procedure. Both motorcycles have now been collected but I am still waiting for a delivery date! Hmmmm.
Shipley simply introduces you to a courier and what happens thereafter is between you and the courier. If the courier is okay then no problems, if not, then you are entirely in their hands.

Anne
There are quite a few dodgy shippers out there be careful who you use ... but overall it’s a good service the penalty for messers should have more regulation by shiply in my opinion.
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We do our best to vet all transport providers and keep an eye on their feedback scores.

We also take appropriate action against transport providers who have violated our terms and conditions, using a 3 strike system.

I hope you will continue to use Shiply again in the near future.

Anne
No problem with collection, but breakdown on delivery delayed it and I wasn't kept informed. At least the recipient knew what was happening as I didn't. Also there's still a balance due showing for this delivery in spite of the fact I've paid in full.

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one.

Please contact our support team to get the issue of your balance sorted.

Anne
I liked being able to compare different removal companies, but it was not very easy to navigate the website. The list of items to move that I had to provide was very limited and there was no way to provide a full list, which lead to some stress (as it was hard for me to estimate the total volume of my stuff).

I am sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one.

We welcome your feedback will take it on board as we are always trying to improve the experience of our users.

Thanks for using Shiply.

Anne
The price is good but it did take over a week to have something delivered. But the driver was freindly and good manerd.
Hi,

I am sorry that your experience was not 100% positive.

Anne
Your clients provide good value, but the commission Shipley charges is very expensive at 33% !!

Anne
This website was new for me I had some problems to make payment unfortunately it's not user friendly

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one.

Please get in touch with us so we can get further details and do our best to assist in resolving the issue.

Shiply is rated 4.60 based on 27,874 reviews